Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Interest gauge thread  (Read 2908 times)

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Interest gauge thread
« on: November 11, 2009, 10:41:56 pm »

So, I've been looking through the zombie appoc threads and monster defence thread, and I wanted to  do a bit of cross-over and new things. My proposed idea, therefore, is a Lego zombie apocolypse. I'd make several different landform layouts, each with specified vehicles and such, and the goal would be to colonize and survive there-in, with a continuity between scenarios (I.E. conquer and farm the grassland - other maps you now have more initial food and gain more food due to the knowledge and techniques you gained). There would be a DF-like skill and building system.

Now that I have you drooling, cons time. I'm not going to be too stable a GM sometimes if school gets hectic. Due to the meatspace nature, it's going to be harder to update for me due to having to build and photograph everything. The community is going to have to help me fine-tune alot of the rules. Nothing is going to be the color it should because it isn't Lego if it isn't a vomit/rainbow monstrosity upon the eyes.

So, Interest, or No?
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: Interest gauge thread
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2009, 12:52:08 am »

Not using Lego Digital Designer I take it?

I mean with LDD, you would have infinite and more pieces to work with, and you won't have to worry about losing pieces either, or accidentally breaking it apart or something.

Plus, it can break physics where possible.

And lastly, it's a cheaper alternative. Then again, you can keep a RL one to use for reference.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2009, 12:55:37 am by Itnetlolor »

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2009, 07:57:06 am »

!!Interest!!
Even the avatars expire eventually.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2009, 08:02:17 am »

Not using Lego Digital Designer I take it?

I mean with LDD, you would have infinite and more pieces to work with, and you won't have to worry about losing pieces either, or accidentally breaking it apart or something.

Plus, it can break physics where possible.

And lastly, it's a cheaper alternative. Then again, you can keep a RL one to use for reference.

I just don't like how LDD snaps you to a grid no matter what. You can't just dangle a piece off of something, it has to be connected. Plus, I already have infinite legos.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2009, 08:09:05 am »

Blockland's alpha? (Basically the TGE with BRICKS)

I haven't played it in years, but it might be what you are looking for, though you can't manipulate the players themselves...

Regardless, looks interesting.
Eh?
Eh!

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2009, 10:15:56 am »

If you're using real Legos, just beware of the "Spend an hour searching for a piece you need, and when you finally find it realize you lost the piece it went to" thing.  It's the number one cause of suicide in children under 10.
Shoes...

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2009, 08:07:04 pm »

Haha, I prevented that. I've got five, big as hell tubs of Legos, and they are all completely filled up and weigh some 10lbs. each. I went through all of them over the summer and sorted the normal blocks by size, then color. So all my brown 2x2's are separated from the brown 2x4's and the gray 2x2's. Hundreds of ziploc baggies were used in this task, but it was well worth it.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2009, 09:17:50 pm »

I applaud your effort.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2009, 04:14:52 am »

Haha, I prevented that. I've got five, big as hell tubs of Legos, and they are all completely filled up and weigh some 10lbs. each. I went through all of them over the summer and sorted the normal blocks by size, then color. So all my brown 2x2's are separated from the brown 2x4's and the gray 2x2's. Hundreds of ziploc baggies were used in this task, but it was well worth it.
1. you're either: A. Mad, B. Vampire, C. Autistic, D. Someone with way too much time.
2. Brown lego does not exist. :)
3. It's called Lego, not Legos.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Helmaroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2009, 06:02:51 pm »

1. you're either: A. Mad, B. Vampire, C. Autistic, D. Someone with way too much time.
2. Brown lego does not exist. :)
3. It's called Lego, not Legos.

1.  You're being pedantic.
2.  Stop that.
3.  For real.
Shoes...

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2009, 06:12:50 pm »

Legos is most assuredly the plural. You don't say "I dropped all the Lego". For real, as Cthulu said.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2009, 06:53:00 pm »

I say Lego like I say Sheep.

But anyway, I like the idea.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2009, 08:37:29 pm »

I also like the idea.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2009, 12:12:42 am »

I heartily agree with the notion of having a game with zombies, let the zombies rain, let them rain!
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!
Pages: [1] 2