Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: Boatmurdered comic strips - writers needed.  (Read 24061 times)

Bloogonis

• Bay Watcher
  • Steamyworks
    • View Profile
Re: Boatmurdered comic strips - writers needed.
« Reply #90 on: November 15, 2009, 12:54:26 am »

so whats next? the mandrill attack or the Moat plans? I suggest you stretch out the mandrill attack over multiple updates. one they show up and start steeling shit-> two they beat the crap out of the first dog and the others prepare to fight-> then the dogs combat, give birth, and get their various wounds. I always felt that the gruesomeness of that event set the tone for the rest of the fort.

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 15, 2009, 07:49:44 am »

I tried it with herbivore eye placement, and made the eyes creepy and soulless instead of demonic.

It's like staring into the heart of madness!  Have you tried it with black beady eyes?

Also, can I print this and put it on the cover of my school binder?
Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!

Fault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 15, 2009, 10:29:55 am »

Also, can I print this and put it on the cover of my school binder?

Sure, I don't see why not. It has my name on it, so people will know it wasn't you who drew it.

Fault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 18, 2009, 06:48:00 pm »

Hey Deon!

I tried making an account on Smackjeeves. I even got the username "Fault"!. how long does it usually take for the validation email to reach its destination? Cause its been a few days now... and if I have to make a new account, I won't be able to use the name Fault!  :'(

how long did it take you?

Raminagrobis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 19, 2009, 02:05:36 pm »

a creature believed to be a herbivore

I like the double entendre in this sentence...

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 20, 2009, 12:33:07 am »

Fault: it took approx. 5 minutes :P. So I think it has something to do with your email domain. Mine is on yahoo.com. Try to re-register after a while.

Sorry that I haven't made any updates yet. Slacker :). I have some problems with university and work now but I will be able to return to my normal "do whatever you want" state closer to this weekend.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Fault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 20, 2009, 12:41:57 am »

oh yeah does it delete accounts if they go unvaliadated for a while? so then the name Fault would be up for the taking again?

(my email is a hotmail account.. you think that might be causing the problem?)

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 20, 2009, 07:07:40 am »

Did you check your Junk folder? :|
A pool of Dwarven Ale.
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS ?

Fault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 20, 2009, 03:23:41 pm »

yeah a bunch of times...

I also sent a query email to the smack jeeves host, asking if something like this has occured before.
I hope he doesn't think I'm trying to obtain personal information or whatever...

ahrbee

• Bay Watcher
  • striking some earth
    • View Profile
    • Strike The Earth
« Reply #99 on: November 20, 2009, 05:46:25 pm »

yeah a bunch of times...

I also sent a query email to the smack jeeves host, asking if something like this has occured before.
I hope he doesn't think I'm trying to obtain personal information or whatever...

I sent Dan a message asking him to resend you your confirmation e-mail. Hopefully he'll respond soon. I had a bit of a 'rats, why did I retire?!' moment, because I could have fixed this up for you, no problem, thirty seconds. =P He might need the e-mail you signed up with (just in case there was a typo in it, which is why you might not have gotten it), so if you wanna PM me that, I'll have it on hand for when he responds.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 20, 2009, 06:37:00 pm »

Oh, so you were one of the administrators there? Cool :D.
Also, thank you for you name. Yesterday I went to buy a medicine for mom and couldn't find a paper to write down the name.
Fortunately the name of the medicine was "Arbidol", so I remembered it as "Ahrbee doll" :P.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

ahrbee

• Bay Watcher
  • striking some earth
    • View Profile
    • Strike The Earth
« Reply #101 on: November 21, 2009, 08:21:01 am »

Oh, so you were one of the administrators there? Cool :D.
Also, thank you for you name. Yesterday I went to buy a medicine for mom and couldn't find a paper to write down the name.
Fortunately the name of the medicine was "Arbidol", so I remembered it as "Ahrbee doll" :P.

Haha you're welcome =P Ahrbee = R.B. = Ran Brown

Yeah, I was an admin there for a few years. It was fun, but it was also a lot of work, and ever since I got married and moved out into the country, I just haven't had the time, so I retired right before the relaunch of the forums on smackjeeves.

Anyhoo, going on a road trip to the Bio-Dome now!

Conot

• Bay Watcher
  • Purring Maggots!
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 23, 2009, 06:13:17 pm »

I will contribute as best I can! For the pen beats the sword but the CARP eats dwarves!

Quote from: Dwarf Migrant's Guide to the Plains
The common carp or Aquius Mortius is mostly seen in lakes and rivers, as well as dashed in some small ponds. Not much is known of carps, but researchers managed to sketch one from afar.
[[Picture of Carp in all its Dwarf Murdering ways]]

The reason for lack of knowledge on the carp beyond common knowledge is unknown, as many research teams mysteriously dissapear when sent to investigate carp or areas near carp. This is currently blamed on Goblins or Kobolds (please see [[insert page number whenever we do those two]] and [[Ditto]]) The carp is thought to be herbivorous, munching on algae in ponds, however, it is not often seen living with other fish or aquatic life, encouraging the thought that it is lonersome and perhaps in fact lonely for its bullying nature. Carp meat is said to be delicious, luring many a young Urist to fishing as a career.

On a related note, I was thinking about drafting a HFS page, but which when our Exp. Leader checks for the page, it is ripped out and scorched, leading to an arc trying to find this lost paper to find what the Encyclopedia McDwarfinia has to say. (Yes i know we are calling it an inlet, but I shall forever make puns and shout outs about this!) What are your thoughts Deon?

Fault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 23, 2009, 06:21:07 pm »

I always thought that capr were only vicious towards dwarves, and that they never attacked any other races. And this is why the other races don't take dwarves seriously. Because their Idea of a lake monster is just a fat goldfish.  :P

Conot

• Bay Watcher
  • Purring Maggots!
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 23, 2009, 08:10:57 pm »

I always thought that capr were only vicious towards dwarves, and that they never attacked any other races. And this is why the other races don't take dwarves seriously. Because their Idea of a lake monster is just a fat goldfish.  :P

I don't know this capr (Just kidding) but carp quite often attack other animals in the stream, including alligators, they also frequently win. One carp got named for killing so many alligators. *cries and runs in fear*

Also, if those sissy humans or beardless elves wan't to make fun of dwarves, they can do so at fear of my mighty lava chamber  8)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8