Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: "Air Mine" Method, really exploads!  (Read 2120 times)

Meanmelter

• Bay Watcher
  • A Dwarven Demon, yeah, he is pissed.
    • View Profile
"Air Mine" Method, really exploads!
« on: November 10, 2009, 04:38:03 pm »

AIR MINE
[/u][/color][/size]

Hello, are you having problems defeating those creatures that your dwarves can not do? Then this is the perfect place for you!

I have developed a method on how to destroy anything with just about anything (that you can build things with)

How does this "Air mine" work?
Well, first off, you need some building materials. anything will do, wood, raw glass, stone, metal. Another thing you will need are 2 mechanisms. Room because this Air,mine spreads a bit (depending on how far you develop it)
If you have that already then you are almost done!
Next, you need to build a support on the ground(s)

After that, you need to be able to build floors ontop of the support (b)(C)(f)

Finally, attach a lever to the support, when something comes by and you want to kill it, PULL THE LEVER!

NOTE: if you build stairs or ramps to build floor ontop of the support, remove the stairs or ramp first! VERY IMPORTANT

I do not know if a building destroyer will just destroy the support or not, but if you guys can see if a building destroyer destroys them itself, it would help.

I came up with this method when my miner got caved in, and died. and i remembered, IT CAN KILL ANYTHING

huh. took a bunch of sleeping pills and slept in a pharmacist, wake up, i am now albino. 
Story of my life.

Derakon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: "Air Mine" Method, really exploads!
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2009, 04:46:12 pm »

Yeah, this is a standard cave-in trap. What's it doing in Suggestions?
Jetblade - an open-source Metroid/Castlevania game with procedurally-generated levels

Meanmelter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2009, 04:54:55 pm »

a suggestion for people who have problems killing people, sorry if this is the wrong spot, but i am not good at narrowing the perfect spot for topics
huh. took a bunch of sleeping pills and slept in a pharmacist, wake up, i am now albino. 
Story of my life.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2009, 05:13:44 pm »

The suggestions forum is for things that you think Toady should add to the game. This should go in Dwarf Mode discussion.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Meanmelter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2009, 05:33:10 pm »

is it possible to move this thread quickly?
Story of my life.

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2009, 06:19:30 pm »

explodes. and it would work better with a pressure plate ^_^.

and move the thread.

HatfieldCW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2009, 07:10:39 pm »

Every time I try it, the abyssmal quality of my mechanisms allows the target to get out of range before the trap is sprung, but it often gets part of his squad.  Plus I tend to get careless and accidentally put the Tax Collector's apartment one z-level below the trap, resulting in hilarity.

Nice tileset, by the way.  I like the stairs.

I brake for stumble bumblings

profit

• Bay Watcher
  • Finely Crafted Engravings... Or it didn't happen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2009, 08:01:11 pm »

yeah the original poster can move the thread if they want.  There is a button at the bottom for them to use.
Mods and the best utilities for dwarf fortress
Community Mods and utilities thread.

Meanmelter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2009, 09:46:51 pm »

Every time I try it, the abyssmal quality of my mechanisms allows the target to get out of range before the trap is sprung, but it often gets part of his squad.  Plus I tend to get careless and accidentally put the Tax Collector's apartment one z-level below the trap, resulting in hilarity.

Nice tileset, by the way.  I like the stairs.

thats nothing, i pulled it on an entire squad of champion macedwarves because of my stupidity, though they did get the most holy and biggest graves i ever seen (20x20 graves with like a billion statues lol)
Story of my life.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2009, 10:36:36 pm »

I prefer linking the support to a pressure plate directly underneath the floors. That way, it kills any creature that steps on it (excluding [trAPAVOID] critters like kobolds). This variant is, in fact, described on the Wiki - see "Land mine".
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2009, 11:31:00 pm »

I prefer to use single tiles of floor, just to knock people out.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Meanmelter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2009, 11:07:24 am »

I prefer linking the support to a pressure plate directly underneath the floors. That way, it kills any creature that steps on it (excluding [trAPAVOID] critters like kobolds). This variant is, in fact, described on the Wiki - see "Land mine".

darn, this is already been in the wiki, and to think i accualy designed a method never used before. :'(
Story of my life.

balath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2009, 12:28:49 pm »

It's okay, dude.  At least you're not being indignant about it.  Lurk around the forums and browse the wiki some more.  From the sound of it you really enjoy the game and can be innovative.  That's really all that's required to play.

(Though a good sense of humor helps, too.)
What would you do if seven small, beared men marched into your home and started to dig out a city in your basement?

Meanmelter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2009, 12:33:15 pm »

It's okay, dude.  At least you're not being indignant about it.  Lurk around the forums and browse the wiki some more.  From the sound of it you really enjoy the game and can be innovative.  That's really all that's required to play.

(Though a good sense of humor helps, too.)
nahh im only good when it envolves millitary tactics, when i get over 60 dwarves i struggle and everyone starts dying because i forget to check on other things than my millitary (3/4 of my dwarves are millitary anyway)
Story of my life.