Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Uncharacteristic speech/statements.  (Read 2785 times)

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
Re: Uncharacteristic speech/statements.
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2009, 12:30:40 pm »

I'd figure the demon is mocking you by making a little show of whispering in your ear about how evil the Gnomes are.

Like a sarcastic joke. After all, the only thing stronger then a demon's fire ball attack, is his sense of irony.
Those magnificent bastards.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

Axe27

• Bay Watcher
  • Put down the crossbow
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2009, 04:50:40 pm »

Yeah, I would have to agree with the fireball statement. I recently managed to kill a demon after at least 30 ctrl-alt-delete exits. Essentially, imagine two of the world's great shield users/dodgers on a mountaintop, dodging every hit the other throw, except one has fireballs. Jesus christ.
And thus did the dream of dwarven antigravity fade away, not with a massive explosion or a flood of magma, but with a whimper.

I'm going to be depressed all day now.

The Architect

• Bay Watcher
  • Breeding supercows. What I've been doing on DF.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2009, 04:59:24 pm »

Yeah, I would have to agree with the fireball statement. I recently managed to kill a demon after at least 30 ctrl-alt-delete exits. Essentially, imagine two of the world's great shield users/dodgers on a mountaintop, dodging every hit the other throw, except one has fireballs. Jesus christ.

Want some plump helmet wine to go with your CHEESE!?
Dwarf Fortress: where blunders never cease.
The sigs topic:
Oh man, this is truly sigworthy...
Oh man. This is truly sig-worthy.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2009, 07:15:15 pm »

I think that's what happened with Gandalf and the Balrog...
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2009, 09:03:13 pm »

I think that's what happened with Gandalf and the Balrog...
Nah balrog was more like a spirit of fire with a 20 size modifier and gandalf was more like a major trying to wield a sword in one hand and a staff in the other.

wow I think that sentence was so nerdy I actually spontaneously grew a neck beard.

Zakastra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2009, 12:06:38 pm »

There a Spirit of Fun Chasing my Dwarves? Carp! I'll cave in the bridge and hope my super-legendary bookkeeper survives the fall.
Pages: 1 [2]