Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: So, when looking for a new mod, which to take?  (Read 1060 times)

Angellus

So, when looking for a new mod, which to take?
« on: November 10, 2009, 04:30:15 am »

Hi,

I have not touched DF in the last 1 1/2 month or so, and I wish to start again. My problem is that I don't like the vanilla version, due to it being too little in everything actually. So I am looking for a (new) mod to play, and was wondering what your top 3 mod's would be for DF FORTRESS MODE.

I've played with Civ forge (half a year ago), Orc mod (liked, just removed trapavoid :)), Dig deeper (Good, gets a lot of its power out of the Orc's added).

Relentless Assault - 1
« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 07:14:34 am by Angellus »

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
Re: So, when looking for a new mod, which to take?
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2009, 05:03:11 am »

Try Relentless Assault if you want to be, um, relentlessly assaulted.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Angellus

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2009, 07:10:20 am »

Try Relentless Assault if you want to be, um, relentlessly assaulted.
This one looks interesting. Especially the race that ignores magma traps :D

Lancensis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2009, 07:58:23 pm »

What exactly are you looking for?

My problem is that I don't like the vanilla version, due to it being too little in everything actually

I'm not very clear on what you want. You want to make seiges harder? Trickier metalworking? Farming? I use a mildly butchered version of Wonderment, and that's got majorly revamped minerals and farming. There's a value mod that drops the value of all layer stones to zero that I'm planning to incorporate once I've found it in the archives, which ought to make stonecrafting more demanding. If you want a change of setting, there's the Dark Dwarves and Sage or Sodom.

If your problem is that DF is literally too little, I think Legendary Lands doubles the size of all creatures.

EDIT: Value Hell is the one I was thinking of
« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 08:43:25 pm by Lancensis »

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2009, 12:29:01 am »

Impaler's Metals adds quite a bit to the metalworking system.
Makes it more in depth and realistic. Also adds glass anvils.
You should be able to find it on DFFD; I don't think it's on the forum.

Angellus

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2009, 07:20:18 am »

What exactly are you looking for?

My problem is that I don't like the vanilla version, due to it being too little in everything actually

I'm not very clear on what you want. You want to make seiges harder? Trickier metalworking? Farming? I use a mildly butchered version of Wonderment, and that's got majorly revamped minerals and farming. There's a value mod that drops the value of all layer stones to zero that I'm planning to incorporate once I've found it in the archives, which ought to make stonecrafting more demanding. If you want a change of setting, there's the Dark Dwarves and Sage or Sodom.

If your problem is that DF is literally too little, I think Legendary Lands doubles the size of all creatures.

EDIT: Value Hell is the one I was thinking of
Everything, metalworking could be bigger, farming could be, sieges could be harder, everything could be bigger. Once I know a game I am no longer interested :(.
Therefore I would like to see as much as possible :D