Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Multitool Mod  (Read 626 times)

bobsnewaddress

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Multitool Mod
« on: November 09, 2009, 09:12:00 pm »

Would it be possible to create a weapon/item that can be used for every task that dwarves perform (mining, woodcutting, ranged defense)?

I've been thinking about it & I can't see any reason why it shouldn't be possible, but there might be something which I'm missing.

[ITEM_WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_MULTITOOL]
[NAME:multitool:multitools]
[DAMAGE:50:PIERCE]
[WEIGHT:50]
[SKILL:AXE]
[RANGED:CROSSBOW:BOLT]
[CRIT_BOOST:2]
[TWO_HANDED:5]
[MINIMUM_SIZE:5]
[MATERIAL_SIZE:4]
[CAN_STONE]

If you listed the Multitool under the DIGGER part of a civs entity would they be able to use it even though it didn't use mining skill?

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
Re: Multitool Mod
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2009, 10:02:41 pm »

Simply put, no.  Crazy stuff goes down when you try mixing picks with combat weapons.

You could however make an axe that has ranged attack; however, you'd need to make the ranged skill [AXE] or they'd only train crossbow skill.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

bobsnewaddress

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2009, 01:22:35 am »

Simply put, no.  Crazy stuff goes down when you try mixing picks with combat weapons.

You could however make an axe that has ranged attack; however, you'd need to make the ranged skill [AXE] or they'd only train crossbow skill.

You can make a weapon that has a Ranged skill that isn't CROSSBOW? I didn't think that it was possible in fortress mode.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2009, 02:50:43 am »

It is. You just have to make it one of the combat types available in fortress mode. No swords with archery skill.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2009, 09:27:02 am »

Note that only crossbow dwarves will pick up quivers.  The rest will merely carry the stack around in hand.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember