Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 47

Author Topic: Wizard Duel - Round 3 - Over: All Hail Jim Groovester!  (Read 57576 times)

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
Re: Wizard Duel - Round 3 - Duel 4 Set-up Phase
« Reply #585 on: December 17, 2009, 12:40:11 pm »

Well, with a claim like Battle mage, as cabal, he has a great ability to mess things up.  Therefore Assist Prinny with Water Healing.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: December 17, 2009, 04:14:14 pm »

Unless Prinny is the battle mage...

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: December 17, 2009, 04:17:44 pm »

Frelock inscribes White runes of Water in the air above PrinnyBaal to give him additional Healing

Reminder: Set-up phase ends at ~5pm Pacific Today. You have about 3 1/2 hours to get in any assists and actions before I close the set-up phase.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: December 17, 2009, 04:58:35 pm »

I'm gonna assist PrinnyBaal with attack.  This should at least test RedWarrior's claim, I guess.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: December 17, 2009, 04:59:45 pm »

I'm gonna assist PrinnyBaal with attack.  This should at least test RedWarrior's claim, I guess.

What Element?
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: December 17, 2009, 05:00:31 pm »

Oops, forgot.

Fire.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: December 17, 2009, 05:00:57 pm »

I said earlier that I think RedWarrior0 is town, and that I think we should be using him to kill PrinnyBaal. So I'm going to assist RedWarrior0 with Earthy Defense.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: December 17, 2009, 08:11:23 pm »

I'm unsure about RedWarrior0's alignment, but I'm pretty sure PrinnyBaal is scum. Therefore, I'll assist RedWarrior0 with Water Healing.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: December 17, 2009, 09:30:13 pm »

Frelock inscribes White runes of Water in the air above PrinnyBaal to give him additional Healing
Jim Groovester inscribes Beige runes of Earth in the air above RedWarrior0 to give him a Defense Boost
Leafsnail inscribes Blue runes of Fire in the air above PrinnyBaal to give him an Attack Boost
RandomNumberGenerator inscribes Purple runes of Water in the air above RedWarrior0 to give him additional Healing

Set-up phase is now closed. I will have the duel up as soon as I have a chance to do the write-ups.
Come play Mafia with us!

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: December 17, 2009, 09:47:00 pm »

I THOUGHT WE ARE ASSISTING PRINNY?

FOS RNG AND JIMMYBOY

Halmie

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: December 17, 2009, 10:11:00 pm »

Settle down. Jim says he thinks red is town. Just becuase he voted for us two? Excuse me if I can't see the logic in that.
Meh.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: December 18, 2009, 02:43:56 am »

Man... looks like the cabal managed to get in a couple of quick assists before deadline.  Obviously massive FoS's on Jim and RNG, but it may be too late anyway.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: December 18, 2009, 12:21:47 pm »

Leafy watch yoself. I already said that.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: December 18, 2009, 12:36:44 pm »

I don't see what the big problem is. I voted PrinnyBaal into the ring because I thought he was scum. I did not vote RedWarrior0 into the ring, because I did not think he was scum. Voting two people with no other votes on them into the ring during lylo does not strike me as something scum would do.

Now, given this information, why does it seem odd that I assisted RedWarrior0 over Prinny?
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: December 18, 2009, 03:50:38 pm »

The doors to the North and South of the Arena open.

PrinnyBaal appears in his starting circle with a flash and raises his sword. Sweeping it around him you see purple runes appear on the ground throughout the arena. With a grinding sound shiny pillars of silvery metal rise up out of the arena floor.

From the North comes RedWarrior0. His deep red robes billowing out around him as he strides purposefully to his starting circle. He brandishes his staff, and a bright cyan light flares from the tip. Soon sharp spears of obsidian float in the air around him.

At the signal from the Marshal PrinnyBaal makes a slashing motion with his sword and steps behind one of the metal pillars. RedWarrior0 turns and thrusts his staff at a shambling mound of dirt that rises up next to him, exploding it in a cloud of dust. He then motions at the pillar that PrinnyBaal is hiding behind and it suddenly sprouts thousands of metal spikes all along it's length.

The purple mage steps back quickly from the metal spikes and vanishes from sight. RedWarrior0 explodes another shambling form and winches as shards of rock explode in his face. Looking around, he slams his staff on the ground. All of the metal pillars suddenly sprout spikes, and you see PrinnyBaal stagger away from one, his arm slashed and bleeding.

The cyan wizard stabs with his staff, but when the spear of rock strikes the purple wizard he vanishes in a wavering of light. You catch sight of the purple wizard darting from around another pillar. His blade slashes along the length of RedWarrior0's back, and the cyan mage staggers forward. Turning, he slams his staff into Prinny's stomach. As the purple mage doubles over he guestures with his hand and an explosion of rock sends PrinnyBaal staggering backwards. He then spins around and explodes yet another shambling mound that rises up next to him.

The arena is suddenly filled with screeching sound of bending metal as PrinnyBaal raises his hand to the sky. The metal pillars fold in and collapse around RedWarrior0. The cyan mage's runes hold for a moment, and then shatter with an explosion of blue light. After a few minutes of silence the Marshal calls the duel over and sends a team in to excavate the entombed mage.

PrinnyBaal bows to the crowd and vanishes with a shimmer of purple light.

As the crowd applaudes, you suddenly hear screaming from nearby. Looking over, you see Leafsnail running around batting at his hat while blood flows down his face. You're startled to see that his hat is trying to eat his head, while the word Wizzard flashes red and yellow on his hat. After a few moments the security detail catches up to him and manages to disenchant the hat, which falls to the ground. The Healers take Leafsnail off to the Healing Ward for treatment while security carefully takes the hat off for study.

Looking up at the Floating Announcement Board you see:
    RedWarrior0, War Mage of Water has lost a duel and is removed from the Tournament!
    Leafsnail, Guardian of Fire has been attacked by a rogue hat and is removed from the Tournament!

Duel 4 has ended. Vote Phase for Duel 5 will go until ~5pm Pacific Tuesday or until all votes are cast.
Come play Mafia with us!
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 47