Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 47

Author Topic: Wizard Duel - Round 3 - Over: All Hail Jim Groovester!  (Read 57740 times)

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
Re: Wizard Duel - Round 3 - Duel 4 Vote Phase
« Reply #555 on: December 12, 2009, 07:51:36 pm »

Hmm. I see what you mean Jim, but then why does RedWarrior0 have to go into the ring? Unless he has a battle role like War Mage or hopefully Archmage or something in that vein, will there be any difference between him and somebody else? If you don't think he's scum, then there is no reason to vote for RedWarrior0, unless it's to try and keep somebody else out of the ring.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: December 12, 2009, 09:18:31 pm »

Why RedWarrior0?

Because it greatly simplifies getting rid of the Cabal. By doing this, we can reduce the combat and all its randomness to a simple lynch.

If we throw two suspected Cabal into the ring, we have to wonder whether or not both of them are actually Cabal, and we have to argue about whether or not we want to assist anybody and who we want to throw our assists behind. Suppose that one of them is Tower and the other Cabal; if we do nothing like we've been doing, then the Cabal's inherent bonuses will probably make them win the duel, and we're in a worse position then when we started.

If we throw somebody we think is Tower and somebody we think is Cabal into the ring, then there's no fuss about who we should or should not assist. We'll assist the Tower wizard, the wizard we think is Cabal will be eliminated, and because we're all stacking our assists on one side, the Cabal can't pull any funny business like they did with the last duel.

This way, we don't wonder why our Tower pick won the match; he won because of all the assists, not because of luck or a Cabal boost. We can then return to regular scumhunting instead of pondering why somebody narrowly won a match when they used the wrong element, won speed tossups, etc. etc. etc.

RedWarrior0 is voting for both the claimed investigators. That's a pretty Tower looking move, like I explained before, and there's certainly a bandwagon forming up against him, which makes me believe that the scum are in on the bandwagon on him. This, to me, makes me think that he's Tower, more than anybody else in this game right now, so he'd be an excellent choice to be our executioner.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

PrinnyBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: December 13, 2009, 06:57:16 am »

The Glowing Tally Board
Frelock  : Org
Halmie  : RedWarrior0
Org : RedWarrior0
PrinnyBaal : Jim Groovester, Kashyyk, PrinnyBaal, RandomNumberGenerator, Leafsnail
RedWarrior0 : Halmie, Jim Groovester, Kashyyk, Org, Leafsnail

Thanks, Kashyyk.

<_< Where exactly did I vote for myself? And in secondary...

Vote: Org, Halmie

I'm pretty sure Org is Cabal, if Org is Cabal... well, Halmie can't be townie. Naturally, this is just about the single most likely action to prevent either of them from being thrown into the ring due to the standard problems I'm up against, but hey! When I die, at least I can say I voted for them.

And... I'd reply to Jim, but... it's not worth it.
I hope someone may note the type I so enjoy, the style I love to play via by my more subtle ploy...

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: December 13, 2009, 07:00:56 am »

But why are you voting for Org and Halmie?  You were fine with Halmie yesterday.  Why does the fact that he's now investigated Org change your opinion of him?

PrinnyBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: December 13, 2009, 07:26:38 am »

Because I doubt that Org is actually the Justicar, and while I didn't suspect Halmie of being Cabal- this made me suspect him because by extension if Org is Cabal, Halmie has to either have been lying, or Cabal, and while I didn't feel that Halmie is Cabal by his actions...

... Why do I bother. You can figure it out on your own if you guys care.
I hope someone may note the type I so enjoy, the style I love to play via by my more subtle ploy...

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: December 13, 2009, 08:08:10 am »

Because I doubt that Org is actually the Justicar, and while I didn't suspect Halmie of being Cabal- this made me suspect him because by extension if Org is Cabal, Halmie has to either have been lying, or Cabal, and while I didn't feel that Halmie is Cabal by his actions...

But why is it that way round and not "I thought Halmie was town so now I think Org is the justicar"?  I mean, you're risking what could be our two most valuable roles on the basis of an unexplained "doubt"?

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: December 13, 2009, 12:00:58 pm »

But why is it that way round and not "I thought Halmie was town so now I think Org is the justicar"?  I mean, you're risking what could be our two most valuable roles on the basis of an unexplained "doubt"?

Hey, he voted for me twice at the beginning of the game on nothing but a hunch. Didn't even ask questions. Part of the reason I suspect Prinny as scum is just that; he doesn't scum hunt, but still votes people into the ring with no basis.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: December 13, 2009, 12:57:47 pm »

Request Freylock Prod

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: December 13, 2009, 06:05:10 pm »

Frelock has been in PM communication with me.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: December 13, 2009, 06:11:04 pm »

Frelock, care to come down here and explain why?  Or have you just been active on your quicktopic?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: December 14, 2009, 12:59:38 pm »

To clarify, Frelock sent me a PM saying he was very busy and wouldn't be able to post for a few days. Since I ignore inactivity over weekends anyway, I told him that wouldn't be a problem.

Leafsnail, you currently have 3 votes listed (Frelock, PrinnyBaal, and RedWarrio0), please clarify who you want your votes on.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: December 14, 2009, 01:03:22 pm »

Oops, the last one was meant to be an FoS.  Ignore the vote on Frelock.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: December 14, 2009, 01:12:05 pm »

The Glowing Tally Board
Frelock  : Org
Halmie  : PrinnyBaal, RedWarrior0
Org : PrinnyBaal, RedWarrior0
PrinnyBaal : Jim Groovester, Kashyyk, RandomNumberGenerator, Leafsnail
RedWarrior0 : Halmie, Jim Groovester, Kashyyk, Org, Leafsnail

Reminder, vote phase ends ~5pm Pacific Tuesday
Come play Mafia with us!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: December 15, 2009, 01:46:46 pm »

Are we going to get any new votes? Or should I just end the vote phase and move on to set-up?
Come play Mafia with us!

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: December 15, 2009, 01:54:46 pm »

Well, I'd like more people to talk. Strange as it may sound coming from me, but we need it!
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 47