Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 47

Author Topic: Wizard Duel - Round 3 - Over: All Hail Jim Groovester!  (Read 57751 times)

PrinnyBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wizard Duel - Round 3 - Duel 4 Vote Phase
« Reply #525 on: December 11, 2009, 06:12:26 pm »

I'm sorry Janus. I suspected you, but it would seem I was wrong. -_- Still, the lack of a kill is some hope, although... I suspect this was a more traditional gambit.

As for the return: because- you know. this is the classic reaction.

Anyway, first: Leaf, where do you get off with calling that "ease". Did you see how much effort I had to put into that? Last I checked... it looked like I ended up winning the death of a thousand nicks- not just shattering my opponent's defenses time and again. Second, Fire vs Earth is hardly qualified as the wrong element. Earth vs Earth is the wrong element. Fire vs Earth is A standard wizzie duel. Although now I'm not sure whether to drop something I know is going to be pointless but...

If you're asking about dropping the wrong element: Look at my opponent. He used fire. Did anyone even -pay- attention to that RP post? Phoenix? Yea? I mean, I was chuckling too when there was the comment on two fire mages dueling. Oh, and there's your flame duel.

As for Warrior Mage, that just means he has more life- not higher base stats, a distinction... quite independent in this situation.

Next- RedWarrior saying his assists were stopped means that he also didn't get his Earth Element super defense boost- and got an air element speed boost. Meaning net boost? 1 point after air. He didn't have that spectacular of a boost at all dood.

And- <3s to you Org. Keep it up.

Oh also- would've been funny if I had actually tried to stand by my illusionist claim, alas, fluff does not = role. Still, I had decided I was playing the illusionist a while back. Guess I'll be going in again- Didn't expect that after I sat up against a double boosted opponent. Still, it's no surprise I'm going to wind up in the arena again. I do however stand by the fact that I'm not Cabal.

Well, last is that you guys need to get this one right. Although the idea that equal scum and townie doesn't mean scum control is rather backwards, the idea is nice. More so however, I'm interested in the lack of a death. If the entire tower is nothing but roles, what does that mean for the Cabal? Just saying.

Anyway- for now, I'll vanish and do my own things. I'll show up for the next Match that you fools will inevitably throw me into.

((My my, honestly, I'm not sure whether my mood is good or bad after that one. I guess... I'll just do whatever.))
I hope someone may note the type I so enjoy, the style I love to play via by my more subtle ploy...

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: December 11, 2009, 06:19:09 pm »

Uh... on the other hand, Prinny, he was a War Mage.  That woulda given him an innate +2 attack boost in addition to his defensive boost.  Also, Prinny, have you told us what assists you've made in previous duals?

PrinnyBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: December 11, 2009, 06:37:46 pm »

Uh... on the other hand, Prinny, he was a War Mage.  That woulda given him an innate +2 attack boost in addition to his defensive boost.  Also, Prinny, have you told us what assists you've made in previous duals?
... ... ...

Wai-

It says Warrior Mage. Quite clearly. In the opening post too. That's +10 health for a role. Warrior mage.

Also- RedWarrior SAID HE DIDN'T GET TO BOOST. That means he had no defensive boost. He only had an air boost, which was reduced because he was earth!
And yes. I've said it at least 2 times now- once before you subbed in and again here:

PrinnyBaal, did you have anything to do with the last two battles that you aren't telling us about?
I did not do any different assists then what I posted publically. Alas- there's no way of proving that, so I don't exactly suggest trying to do psychology on that one.

Have you read any of these posts starting with the Phase Change?
I hope someone may note the type I so enjoy, the style I love to play via by my more subtle ploy...

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: December 11, 2009, 06:39:48 pm »

Wait... the Warrior Mage would be better than a War Mage.

And sortof skipped over the claim, sorry.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: December 11, 2009, 06:40:19 pm »

Frey, get in here

PrinnyBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: December 11, 2009, 06:52:46 pm »

Wait... the Warrior Mage would be better than a War Mage.

And sortof skipped over the claim, sorry.

First up, care to explain what exactly you mean by the Warrior Mage being better? The difference is a bunch of life, not changing the basic math, just how many iterations the random combat exchanges run for. Given that, the match was already pretty balanced in all truth.

Second, as much as I hate to suggest this:

Since we're still waiting for a couple people- how about we have a chat Org? I was wondering if we could go back over all your targets, and why you chose them? Oh, and yes- that includes who you targeted when you say you were blocked. For instance, yet again, you failed to mention that. Care to mention who you were targeting? It's only polite. And beyond that, you probably have some thoughts, don't you? Care to go for actual discussion?

If I was wrong about LYLO yesterday, there's no way in heaven and hell I'm going to be wrong about it today. Tower needs to talk. Every 1 sentence post, every post that just agrees with existing sentiments and refuses to expand- to put up any thought at all is a post that has no place here.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: December 11, 2009, 07:30:29 pm »

PrinnyBaal. JTF had several advantages in the fight, yet he pulled through somehow. And what the hell are you trying to do now? Are you trying to do another round of PMs?

If you can't say stuff openly in here, then you're scum.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

PrinnyBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: December 11, 2009, 07:33:26 pm »

lolwut Jim? I'm sorry- but if you're implying what I think you're implying, I'm not even going to bother not voting for you, Are you seriously saying I'm sending out more PMs right now?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: December 11, 2009, 07:36:36 pm »

Since we're still waiting for a couple people- how about we have a chat Org?

Here, and a little after that. It looked to me like you were planning on sending out some more PMs.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: December 11, 2009, 07:39:51 pm »

Org and Halmie said they were cross inspecting last vote phase, I believe.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: December 11, 2009, 07:48:08 pm »

I hate you enchanter.

PrinnyBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: December 11, 2009, 07:56:39 pm »

Since we're still waiting for a couple people- how about we have a chat Org?

Here, and a little after that. It looked to me like you were planning on sending out some more PMs.
Oh, alright-

No, I wasn't sending out PMs. I was saying that we needed to talk in general, and I was using Org as the starting point for attempting said action.

And I still want to confirm who Org was planning on targetting, as he was rather bad at declaring who he was investigating last time he got blocked. Usually, once you've been outted, you tend to be a bit more... willing to post these things? I dunno.

Halmie

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: December 11, 2009, 08:06:44 pm »

Org flipped justicar.

I got some flavor text with it about me being more clumsy than usual but that may just be becuase I forgot to ask until the last possible second. Or almost losing a few rounds ago.

Prinny you did seem on top of the fight for most of it. And you would have to been hitting way harder than him.
Meh.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: December 11, 2009, 08:08:14 pm »

Oh snap.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: December 11, 2009, 08:35:35 pm »

Prinny, I hate to jump on the wagon, but you need to die. You are Cabal.

Also, someone is a Nullifier or whatever stops assists. My assist had no effect.

Hmm... I don't think anyone has been nullified before, have they? That probably means that Prinny is scum, and they were defending one of their own.

It says Warrior Mage. Quite clearly. In the opening post too. That's +10 health for a role. Warrior mage.

Also- RedWarrior SAID HE DIDN'T GET TO BOOST. That means he had no defensive boost. He only had an air boost, which was reduced because he was earth!
And yes. I've said it at least 2 times now- once before you subbed in and again here:
+10 health is still a pretty big boost. That means they can hold on 50% longer. The fact that you were able to take out 30 health when you only had 20 is very odd indeed...

I just noticed something else, too. There was no incapacitation this round. That means that town still had the majority, if only barely. We'll have to make the most of this round... and hopefully get two Cabal in the ring, so nullifiers can't help them. I strongly believe that Prinny is one, because the circumstances of his victory just seem too odd for him to be a normal townie.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 47