Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 47

Author Topic: Wizard Duel - Round 3 - Over: All Hail Jim Groovester!  (Read 57779 times)

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
Re: Wizard Duel - Round 3 - Duel 3 Set-Up Phase
« Reply #480 on: December 09, 2009, 02:56:46 am »

Somewhat. I still don't like the way you phrased it...
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

PrinnyBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: December 09, 2009, 06:48:37 am »

To be honest- I'm currently feeling like an idiot who needs to just stop coming on the majority of when he currently does as a safety precaution as it's usually during the time frame right when I get burnt out from staying up about 18 hours of the day, and I have a strong tendency to be stupid before I can check myself. >_< It also happens to be the time frame I'm least lurky during. Funny.

Anyway- a complete lack of Assists thus far actually scares me more- ((Although it hasn't been -that- long yet.)) if the mafia doesn't care to assist at all- it probably means they've gotten two townies in- meaning it's a 0 chance for victory. As always- assume it isn't, or there's no point to what you're doing, but all that... Yea.
I hope someone may note the type I so enjoy, the style I love to play via by my more subtle ploy...

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: December 09, 2009, 10:37:45 am »

PrinnyBaal, that's more WIFOM right there.  Sending out random pms for "psychology" is a scumtell because townies can generally say what they like to the whole town without manipulating people behind the scenes.  The first 2 duals also have suspected subtle mage assists involved, which you claimed only after you found there was a rolecop.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #483 on: December 09, 2009, 01:49:45 pm »

If you think you have two town in here, then we're getting into screwed land because tomorrow we will be out numbered by scum (unless we have a protector or role-blocker on our side that gets lucky (unlikely)).

If you think I'm town and he's scum, then I wish you would assist me.  There's a chance, but not a very good one that I can beat a Cabal Mage in a straight up fight without any assists.

If you think you have two scum in here, well, make your own decision.  I of course think you should assist me anyways though.

Also, this:
The first 2 duals also have suspected subtle mage assists involved, which you claimed only after you found there was a rolecop.

PrinnyBaal, did you have anything to do with the last two battles that you aren't telling us about?
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: December 09, 2009, 03:13:07 pm »

Actually... will the scum outnumber us tomorrow if a townie dies in the ring?  We currently have 10, which will probably fall to 8 tomorrow.  How many scum did the game start off with?

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #485 on: December 09, 2009, 03:29:55 pm »

There are still 4 scum alive.  If we lose two townies during this duel, then there will be 4 and 4 tomorrow, which can still work out if everything goes perfectly from then on. 

Better case, if Prinny is scum and you assist me then we lose 1 and 1 leaving it at 5 vs 3 tomorrow.

Mod: Could you double check the player list in the OP?  I think it got out of sync somehow.  These are the players that participated in the last vote:

Spoiler: Current players? (click to show/hide)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: December 09, 2009, 03:31:23 pm »

4 scum?  Really?  I dunno, it just seems a bit... odd.  Most games have 3 scum in 14 players, and the dual element gives the cabal an advantage.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #487 on: December 09, 2009, 03:34:06 pm »

In any case, there are 4 Cabal this time.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: December 09, 2009, 03:39:38 pm »

The list in the OP looks correct to me. ExKirby, MagmaDeath, Neruz, and Pandarsenic have all been eliminated. 2 from Duels and 2 from incapacitation due to side-actions.

What exactly do you think is off?

And, yes, there are 4 scum this game.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: December 09, 2009, 03:43:04 pm »

I'm thinking of assisting Janus. Anybody other than Prinny object to it?

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #490 on: December 09, 2009, 03:46:10 pm »

The list in the OP looks correct to me. ExKirby, MagmaDeath, Neruz, and Pandarsenic have all been eliminated. 2 from Duels and 2 from incapacitation due to side-actions.

Please ignore my earlier post.  When I copied the OP list I accidentally cut the beginning off.  It's actually correct.  Thanks for keeping that up, by the way!

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: December 09, 2009, 04:11:10 pm »

I'm thinking of assisting Janus. Anybody other than Prinny object to it?

Are you asking for permission from the rest of us? If you think JTF is less suspicious than PB, then by all means, assist him. Just be prepared to be questioned about it.

For me, though, it's a choice between foolish newbie scummy vs. experienced lurker scummy. I'm leaning towards assisting PrinnyBaal, because foolish newbies can't help but be scummy no matter what they do, town or scum.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: December 09, 2009, 04:20:07 pm »

Janus with Earth Defense then.

@Jim: Prinny may be new for Bay 12, but not for forum mafia.

PrinnyBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: December 09, 2009, 07:46:27 pm »

PrinnyBaal, that's more WIFOM right there.  Sending out random pms for "psychology" is a scumtell because townies can generally say what they like to the whole town without manipulating people behind the scenes.
See- this is the problem. That's never how I've played in any other forum I've played at thus far.

The first 2 duals also have suspected subtle mage assists involved, which you claimed only after you found there was a rolecop.
... And yet I hadn't been investigated- again, I'm trying to be forward now- and it's a scum tell apparently. If I try to get a feel for people through PMs where it's easier to chat directly, it's a scum tell apparently. I realize this is whining again- but honestly, this problem is that I'm clearly used to a completely different set of scum tell, which leads inevitably to a completely different style. Perhaps hopping between forum mafias is a bad idea?

PrinnyBaal, did you have anything to do with the last two battles that you aren't telling us about?
I did not do any different assists then what I posted publically. Alas- there's no way of proving that, so I don't exactly suggest trying to do psychology on that one.

And again- the one thing I want to stress above the rest is- Remember we were at LYLO at 2 MLs- that's the main reason I ended up doing something so... retarded.

>_< Ugh. I hate whatever I type- I'll just post this stupid thing.
I hope someone may note the type I so enjoy, the style I love to play via by my more subtle ploy...

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #494 on: December 09, 2009, 09:55:02 pm »

And again- the one thing I want to stress above the rest is- Remember we were at LYLO at 2 MLs- that's the main reason I ended up doing something so... retarded.

The LyLo argument made more sense when there were 4 scum out of 9 players, but there are in fact still 10 players alive (I made the same mistake earlier).  Even in the worst case scenario, there would be 4 scum versus 4 town tomorrow, which is not enough to actually control the lynch directly.  Since ties are decided randomly, the scum still have to manipulate the vote for one more day.

So we still have control of the vote, especially if we manage to send some scum off to the hospital.

That being said, I ran the simulations.  Turns out, it's actually more of an advantage if you assist twice in the same stat rather than boosting multiple areas.

In attack for example, it allows me to punch through their defense and deal more damage or with double defense I would basically take no damage.

Long story short, since I already have one defense boost, if anyone feels like helping out, I wouldn't mind another... (Although I won't turn anything else away if that's what you'd prefer :P).

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 47