Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 47

Author Topic: Wizard Duel - Round 3 - Over: All Hail Jim Groovester!  (Read 57791 times)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Wizard Duel - Round 3 - Duel 3 Vote Phase (1 Replacement needed)
« Reply #435 on: December 06, 2009, 09:02:47 pm »

Alright, more questions.

Org, why Janus?

PrinnyBaal, stop whining. Were there any other PMs you've sent this game? If there were, please provide them. Also, since you've claimed subtle mage, were there any assists you provided differently from your stated action?

Janus, what were your thoughts while you were recieving these PMs from PrinnyBaal?

Also, JTF, you're remaining pretty ambivalent about this whole thing, Mr. I'll just call everything strange and move on.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #436 on: December 06, 2009, 09:12:46 pm »

I almost never send PMs unless there's something I can actually gain from it, as town or scum.  In this case, it just felt strange to have two threads of conversation going, one in the main thread and one through PMs.  Mostly, it felt like he was trying to set something up, which meant one of two things (from now's point of view):
- An intricate scheme to get scum to reveal themselves around lylo
- A Cabal scheme to make such a crazy claim that we'd have to assume Tower

I'm leaning towards the former.

Also, JTF, you're remaining pretty ambivalent about this whole thing, Mr. I'll just call everything strange and move on.
Meaning?
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

PrinnyBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: December 06, 2009, 09:18:21 pm »

I think I sent this to Halmie:

You seem new; have you done any research? Research of course meaning looking at the prior two runs of this design, and reading up on the rules. If you haven't, then I really do suggest following that end. It'll help at least a little.

The other thing is that I wanted to ask you what you thought of RedWarrior. The person specifically, not anything else.
Well, I post failed. Wish I could just edit that, but that's not something one does in a mafia game... Anyway, yea, I noted 2 posts, so... not much. Still, I'm interested for a couple reasons. Anyone else you would like to note in particular yourself?

And I'm pretty sure I sent some to Exkirb, but I never click the save in outbox- so unless you want me to post his reply to one- I doubt that helps. Most of the stuff after that was just the stuff with Org.

Which is pretty light for PMing, to be honest. I swear I sent out more...

Also- yea, I shouldn't whine, but it's a natural state to enter when you're in a position that's your own fault, but also something that you kind of still stand by. I had reasons I expected such an insane gambit would be needed, that's why I screwed myself so hard. It's still my own fault though.

Still, if I can do anything, it's continue to try and prove my case, right? If I give up, that's worse than what I've already done.

And... I fake claimed a role that wasn't in the game because any role that was in the game would inevitably not attract mafians. Sort of a stupid reason in and of itself, but since I had already decided to go for what I knew best... I guess I just compounded my own mistakes.
I hope someone may note the type I so enjoy, the style I love to play via by my more subtle ploy...

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: December 06, 2009, 09:20:40 pm »

Alright, more questions.

Org, why Janus?

PrinnyBaal, stop whining. Were there any other PMs you've sent this game? If there were, please provide them. Also, since you've claimed subtle mage, were there any assists you provided differently from your stated action?

Janus, what were your thoughts while you were recieving these PMs from PrinnyBaal?

I have a feeling...

that tonights gonna be a good night

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: December 06, 2009, 09:31:07 pm »

Meaning?

Strange is a common adjective in your posts this vote phase. This is strange, that is strange, he's strange. It looks like you're trying to keep your distance away from this conflict by simply calling everything strange, instead of things like townish or scummish. Are you still trying to make up your mind, or something? Because it looks a little suspicious.

And... I fake claimed a role that wasn't in the game because any role that was in the game would inevitably not attract mafians. Sort of a stupid reason in and of itself, but since I had already decided to go for what I knew best... I guess I just compounded my own mistakes.

But wouldn't the Cabal just go to their chat with your PM and confer amongst themselves and conclude that you're full of it, and then use your PMs as a pretty good reason to throw you into the ring?

This plan of yours was flawed from the start.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #440 on: December 06, 2009, 09:37:46 pm »

There was this.  And strange is generally scummy.  Strange means that someone is not actually how they normally would or how I would expect them to, thus scummy.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: December 06, 2009, 09:39:51 pm »

I see. Thank you for clarifying.

PrinnyBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: December 06, 2009, 09:45:18 pm »

I never denied it had flaws. I will deny that it didn't produce something, because I did it, it honestly changed my view on a lot of people. Notably Org. I DID originally believe he was Justicar. It was his reaction that confused me. But seriously, I still have to try and figure out ways to indicate I'm Tower, right? I don't know what you people consider scum tells, but I can't exactly explain myself unless people actually try and make something here.

Also- Jim, your second comment... seems to be equally likely. That's the problem. I screwed up and now it's either a Wine Cellar in here, or I'm an honest idiot. I realize I'm probably going to keep a lot of votes- I'd like people to think long and hard about who's voting me and why. There's not much else I can say...
I hope someone may note the type I so enjoy, the style I love to play via by my more subtle ploy...

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: December 06, 2009, 09:49:04 pm »

I never denied it had flaws. I will deny that it didn't produce something, because I did it, it honestly changed my view on a lot of people. Notably Org. I DID originally believe he was Justicar. It was his reaction that confused me. But seriously, I still have to try and figure out ways to indicate I'm Tower, right? I don't know what you people consider scum tells, but I can't exactly explain myself unless people actually try and make something here.

Also- Jim, your second comment... seems to be equally likely. That's the problem. I screwed up and now it's either a Wine Cellar in here, or I'm an honest idiot. I realize I'm probably going to keep a lot of votes- I'd like people to think long and hard about who's voting me and why. There's not much else I can say...
At first I thought you were town...but your Pms did change that...

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: December 07, 2009, 01:26:00 pm »

RedWarrior0: You've posted precious little in this game, so I'm going to ask you some questions to pick your brain and see where you stand.

What do you make of Org? JTF? PrinnyBaal? Your votes are on two of them; care to explain your reasoning?

What do you make of the scum's performance so far? Their choice of kills, the actions they took, etc.

I guess that's all for now; I can't think of many questions to ask you.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: December 07, 2009, 04:59:17 pm »

Ok.

Org, you have claimed Justicar but have been 'roleblocked'. I'm under the impression that your fake claiming here, which is why I'm voting you.

Janus, I'm not sure about you. You are quite ambivalent compared to how you normally play, as (in Para at least) you usually post relative WoT dissecting everybody's actions and correctly discerning scum.

So, you two. I don't think that you are both scum but I'm willing to bet one of you is.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: December 07, 2009, 05:02:22 pm »

Ok.

Org, you have claimed Justicar but have been 'roleblocked'. I'm under the impression that your fake claiming here, which is why I'm voting you.

Janus, I'm not sure about you. You are quite ambivalent compared to how you normally play, as (in Para at least) you usually post relative WoT dissecting everybody's actions and correctly discerning scum.

So, you two. I don't think that you are both scum but I'm willing to bet one of you is.
Okay. I see.
I get roleblocked, but it cant be because I got roleblocked, it has to be because Im faking.

Unvote RNG, Vote Kashykk
. Now here is why. Janus is scum, maybe. Kashykk is scum, probably, and Prinny is scum. Kash goes, get scum with Justicar. JUSTICAR LOSES. Oh lolz gaiz he was teellings the truff I not mean too doo dat. LOLZ

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: December 07, 2009, 05:09:18 pm »

The Glowing Tally Board
Frelock  : PrinnyBaal
JanusTwoFace   : Kashyyk, RedWarrior0
Kashyyk : Org
Org : Kashyyk, PrinnyBaal
PrinnyBaal : Frelock, Halmie, Jim Groovester, RandomNumberGenerator, RedWarrior0

Check your votes. Org, you in particular, since you had some fairly ambiguous 'unvotes' in there. If anything is wrong, let me know.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: December 07, 2009, 05:09:58 pm »

I really don't understand that at all.

Could you explain it in proper English? Then I might be able to unvote you.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: December 07, 2009, 05:14:29 pm »

Prinny: Scum. He's claimed Subtle and was openly offering to help scum. Naturally, he will deny this and claim that it was a ruse, but then why the WIFOM?

Org: Could be scum. We need Halmie to investigate him and figure out if he really is a Justicar. If not, he should battle Prinny in the ring. (PPE: And the OMGUS didn't help)

Janus: Not much to say right now. Hasn't posted any responses he gave to the PMs Prinny sent, which could be useful.

Scum: Well, they got lucky with getting a subtle mage.
The kills: In post 123, Janus voted for both Pandar and Neruz. May be a coincidence, maybe not.

Also, just out of curiosity: Anybody have reason Halmie isn't scum?
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 47