Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 47

Author Topic: Wizard Duel - Round 3 - Over: All Hail Jim Groovester!  (Read 57838 times)

PrinnyBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wizard Duel - Round 3 - Duel 3 Vote Phase (1 Replacement needed)
« Reply #420 on: December 06, 2009, 06:44:20 pm »

Sigh- I'm guessing I'm not going to get a PM then. Someone probably asked Meph by this point, and if they did my claim isn't going.

So- yes. I'll admit part of what Warrior said is true- I'm not exactly an Illusionist third party role as I claimed. You can go ahead and think about why I bothered with it on your own. I'm not retarded as some people might assume by my claim. Just... a little expectant of the worst. Funny thing is, I kind of was preparing for this for awhile. Eh...

I guess I should vote- Voting for Org, and Frelock. Org- there's no way in heaven or hell you're a justicar. The points system for roles- your initial commentary, a lot of things make me honestly doubt you are one. Frelock... your personality. ((Oh boy. I sure love this category of accusations. They never work- but I'm always so certain of them...)) Mainly this line:
b)A survivor, and a survivor at lylo is something we can't afford to have.
for not thinking your comment through.

... Oh boy. *sigh* Well, I can hope that my Rickvoid theory is true...

Oh, and yea- I'm a Subtle Mage. I chose illusionist because I intended to use that as a cover but... I never did actually get investigated. If I had, I was hoping to use it as a tool to make my claim sound just a little more reasonable out the gate...

Still- as they say, never give up until it's over... Regardless of what happens, I'm probably going to be argued against from all sides- I'm going to have to hope I can get a Cabal in with me if you guys insist on throwing me in there...
I hope someone may note the type I so enjoy, the style I love to play via by my more subtle ploy...

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: December 06, 2009, 07:05:04 pm »

Sigh- I'm guessing I'm not going to get a PM then. Someone probably asked Meph by this point, and if they did my claim isn't going.

So- yes. I'll admit part of what Warrior said is true- I'm not exactly an Illusionist third party role as I claimed. You can go ahead and think about why I bothered with it on your own. I'm not retarded as some people might assume by my claim. Just... a little expectant of the worst. Funny thing is, I kind of was preparing for this for awhile. Eh...

I guess I should vote- Voting for Org, and Frelock. Org- there's no way in heaven or hell you're a justicar. The points system for roles- your initial commentary, a lot of things make me honestly doubt you are one. Frelock... your personality. ((Oh boy. I sure love this category of accusations. They never work- but I'm always so certain of them...)) Mainly this line:
b)A survivor, and a survivor at lylo is something we can't afford to have.
for not thinking your comment through.

... Oh boy. *sigh* Well, I can hope that my Rickvoid theory is true...

Oh, and yea- I'm a Subtle Mage. I chose illusionist because I intended to use that as a cover but... I never did actually get investigated. If I had, I was hoping to use it as a tool to make my claim sound just a little more reasonable out the gate...

Still- as they say, never give up until it's over... Regardless of what happens, I'm probably going to be argued against from all sides- I'm going to have to hope I can get a Cabal in with me if you guys insist on throwing me in there...
I love this!!!!!!!THanks for making my day.

Then-
Oh man, org, dude check me dude but you might get weird results but just check me yo you are justicar.

Now-
Dude no way no justicar dont add up man dude lolz haxor

PrinnyBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: December 06, 2009, 07:11:55 pm »

Ever thought of the idea that either way... I could have accomplished my goal with that PM?

1: Let's say you are Justicar. You actually succeed at investigating me. I'm townie. You could then technically have assisted me on my claim- claiming you got weird results.

2: You're Cabal, you're going to be faking something- and you might suspect something- the goal is to get you to believe I'm telling the truth in this case so you admit Cabal, and screw up, right?

Where's your objection between these two states?
I hope someone may note the type I so enjoy, the style I love to play via by my more subtle ploy...

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: December 06, 2009, 07:14:06 pm »

Ever thought of the idea that either way... I could have accomplished my goal with that PM?

1: Let's say you are Justicar. You actually succeed at investigating me. I'm townie. You could then technically have assisted me on my claim- claiming you got weird results.

2: You're Cabal, you're going to be faking something- and you might suspect something- the goal is to get you to believe I'm telling the truth in this case so you admit Cabal, and screw up, right?

Where's your objection between these two states?
I wont investigate you.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: December 06, 2009, 07:16:06 pm »

PrinnyBaal. There's no reason to claim falsely a role that doesn't exist. What were you trying to do? This was a hairbrained gambit, for both Tower or Cabal. In either case, you've surrounded yourself with a shroud of suspicion and WIFOM and the only way to resolve it is to put you in the ring.

JTF, if you've recieved PMs from PrinnyBaal, you should post them here.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

PrinnyBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: December 06, 2009, 07:31:41 pm »

So you're saying you would have objected, claimed I was Cabal- when- Oh, right. Enchanter claim.

Alright, again- this still causes a problem dood. First, very basic logic would indicate

-MY CLAIM IS A RETARDED MOVE AS CABAL-

If as Janus seems to be indicating, I had planned this ahead, maybe it would be a move that might be done... although again- why the hell would my team have not stopped me? Why the hell would I suddenly act so out of my standard as to do this?

And another one doesn't think. There's a reason- ever thought about the game? About my comments thus far? My general position? I'm saying- no, I'm not Cabal. I'm a townie, and there's a reason I did this; namely that I believe that unless the town gets the Cabal in a pile- they're essentially never going to win. Do some basic thinking about what the game looks like- this is one of the few games where the cabal can actually happily trade members for townies in lynches because they'll always get a better rate. Maybe if we had a Grey Mage I wouldn't have bothered- but we've lost so many roles already, what the hell do you expect to happen when the position someone looks at the game from is that it's nearly impossible to win conventionally?

((And don't argue that it's not. That's -not- the dang point. I could provide my reasoning, but again, not the dang point.))

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: December 06, 2009, 07:43:11 pm »

What do you want me to do, PrinnyBaal?

You PM the cop, saying "Hey, Cabal! Let's work together!", and ask him to investigate you. Then you claim a non-existant role, for what, exactly? So that you could get the Cabal to contact you so you could reveal them? Why did you think that would ever work?

The "Too stupid for Cabal" defense doesn't mean a whole lot, because the Cabal could try something brazen and stupid and then claim that as WIFOM. It doesn't take away any of the suspcion of the act, at all.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

PrinnyBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: December 06, 2009, 07:50:22 pm »

First off- Something tells me that there's a bit of confusion here. Perhaps I should have clarified this: The PMs were not sent in the order that Org posted them.

And yes- I had merely hoped I'd get a Cabal claim. You'd be surprised how stupid some people can be. ^_^ But still- it was worth a try compared to, oh, I dunno, doing nothing? I mean, I've always sort of sucked at getting people to believe me- I know that. People should know generally by now who I suspect for Cabal- and I'm being honest there. Frelock, Rickvoid, Org, and Janus. ((Tbh, RNG is still floating at the bottom, but I don't know what to say about that.)) If you assume whatever, assume whatever- I'm just hoping people will actually... ugh, I want to say think in terms of some things but... really- just think is all I can say. It's lylo regardless. The town needs to be perfect from here out. (Barring of course that Rickvoid technically is Cabal, in which case he have a sort of emergency relief)

And as for the too stupid thing... I meant that more as something else- but yea, I understand what you mean. I guess I may as well not argue that since it's not proper to argue personality in this situation I suppose.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: December 06, 2009, 08:13:59 pm »

Wait, you still suspect me? And let me guess, you still have no evidence?

-sigh-

I just... don't understand what you're trying to do. Your actions make no sense for either Tower or Cabal. You've just spread a shitload of WIFOM around like it was fertilizer - the last thing any half-decent town player would do. On the other hand, you've practically committed suicide with your constant side-flipping... One second you try to ally with the cabal, the next you switch back to town? I'm just... flabbergasted, really.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: December 06, 2009, 08:18:19 pm »

RNG and Prinny co-co-co-COMBO

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: December 06, 2009, 08:26:25 pm »

Org, who were you planning on investigating?

I suspect you might be fake claiming, because you left out that detail when you said you were blocked.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: December 06, 2009, 08:28:40 pm »

Janus

PrinnyBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: December 06, 2009, 08:40:29 pm »

Hahahaha. Oh, so- you're actually openly condemning me without even benefit of the doubt. Bonus points for that dood. I mean, clearly, if someone makes a comment about this- it's totally not worth confirming anything- and it's better to just pretend like they're automatically scum. Yea, no. You're not Justicar by any stretch of the idea Org. I can't believe that between how you act- how you think, or how you've continued once I did get your interest.

Ugh, I seriously dislike games that go into this category. It makes me bitter about how most people play- not actually evaluating things past certain stages. Perhaps it's true I ended up dropping wine, but you know... you people don't seem to be able to hold your liquor at all anyway. God- I wonder whether it's normal over here for this to be the standard reaction. You people should play in 30 player rounds where blues are fake claiming every role of the rainbow- survivors are publically claiming mafia- and the mafia is trying to bus day 1. Those are hilarious. Maybe I should more in those places that use the Mandate rules... Heh, they're far more wild- and fun than this usually is.

For RNG: I'm saying I still suspect you on grounds somewhere around "I don't trust you." which as far as suspicions go, is a step down from "Hey, I haven't got a clue, so whatever." It means I don't actually believe you're Cabal at the moment, but I'd leave the doubt on you just in case.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: December 06, 2009, 08:42:37 pm »

RNG and Prinny might be scum

Or its just the Wifom...

Unvote Red, Vote RNG

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #434 on: December 06, 2009, 08:46:39 pm »

Spoiler: PMs from PrinnyBaal (click to show/hide)

To PrinnyBaal:
It's less of the fake claim itself, it's that you claimed a role that isn't even in the game.  That's what seems really strange to me...

General comment:
Personally, I'm not actually surprised that Org was role-blocked.  I'm guessing that the cabal was thinking that since he doesn't have any combat bonuses, he's really not that much of a threat when blocked and they can focus on combat roles.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 47