Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 47

Author Topic: Wizard Duel - Round 3 - Over: All Hail Jim Groovester!  (Read 57809 times)

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
Re: Wizard Duel - Round 3 - Duel 3 Vote Phase (1 Replacement needed)
« Reply #405 on: December 06, 2009, 02:15:26 am »

Well PrinnyBaal, some things just aren't adding up. You claim that you're a survivor role, yet you're practically throwing your life away here. You say that it doesn't matter if you win the archmage duel, and that may be. However, if you do win, then you're still surviving. There is also no reason to ally with scum over town, because if you kept your role hidden you could use it to manipulate fights and kill those who opposed you, leaving those who didn't alive. It just doesn't make sense. Added up with your reasons for accusing others(Or should I say lack of reasons), I have a strong suspicion that you're scum.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: December 06, 2009, 10:14:59 am »

I am certain that PrinnyBaal and Org are two of the Cabal.
Why?

I would never have the time to type those up. I am a lurker. I am helping since this is my first time in Wizard Duel as town. Usually I dont help town or scum.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: December 06, 2009, 03:09:11 pm »

My oh my.  PrinnyBaal, what the heck were you thinking?  It seems clear to me that you are either
a)Scum
b)A survivor, and a survivor at lylo is something we can't afford to have.
c)An archmage who wants to act as executioner for the town and wants to try to fool scum into talking to him.

Now, in all of these cases, we probably want you in the ring.  Therefore, I think it's safe to say you'll go there.  However, I think the first two are more likely.  Why?  Because you asked Org to "investigate" you(org, the fact that you came back empty-handed is not helping to clear you in my mind).  Either you
a) Have a scumbuddy who blocked Org
b) Actually have a weird alignment, and expected org to get a weird result.
c) Believed Org would check you, and reveal you were tower, and thus post the PM's at your request to get you into the ring.

Obviously, c) is unlikely.  Also, b) is also unlikely, as I'm not sure if meph would even put an alignment like that into this setup.  But then why would you use this gambit and claim to Org.  I really don't get it.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #408 on: December 06, 2009, 03:56:31 pm »

For now, I'm going to assume that there is unlikely to be a third party role in the game without some comment about it before now, which makes this a rather unusual gambit to pull.

Also, you contacted me assuming that I was scum.  Since I know that I'm not combined with the fact that you've contacted Org as well makes me wonder.  Are you scum trying to frame two Tower mages when you finally do get taken down?

Something just feels really odd about this.

Summitude list (remaining non-me players, decending order of scumminess):

PrinnyBaal - claiming a role that doesn't exist (so far as we know), might be a subtle mage, also tone of PMs (granted don't have a baseline for that)

Halmie - is most likely an Archivist, dangerous role for Cabal to have, wth against PB seems scummy if PB is scummy

Frelock - agree with logic, wth against PB seems scummy if PB is scummy though

Jim Groovester - is quieter than normal, scum?

Kashyyk - is quiet like normal, possibly scum?

rickvoid - needs replacement, hard to get a read on right now

RedWarrior0 - don't really have a good read for him

RandomNumberGenerator - not getting a good read

Org - Justicar claim, think PrinnyBaal might be trying to frame him
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: December 06, 2009, 04:42:54 pm »

The Glowing Tally Board
Org : RedWarrior0
PrinnyBaal : Frelock, Halmie, Org, RandomNumberGenerator, RedWarrior0
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: December 06, 2009, 05:18:39 pm »

Redwarrior

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #411 on: December 06, 2009, 05:21:41 pm »

Um, ok?

RedWarrior0, why are you certain that Org is scum?  And Org, do you have anything on RedWarrior0?

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: December 06, 2009, 05:26:26 pm »

Um, ok?

RedWarrior0, why are you certain that Org is scum?  And Org, do you have anything on RedWarrior0?
No

PrinnyBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: December 06, 2009, 05:55:04 pm »

Sigh- first, on the subject of victory conditions.

Getting me into the last duel is getting a pass. I do not interfere with the win conditions of whoever gets in there with me. I guess I made the mistake of assuming that if the Cabal had a guaranteed chance of winning, I would end up being dealt with honorably rather than the very likely potential of them deciding to just off me in exchange for the win.

And for the town; I award you guys D for Dunce. Honestly, have none of you thought this through? You kill the survivor... and you lose. I'm a balancing vote at the moment- 4 townies, 4 Cabals... one survivor. I die- then a townie dies... and it's victory for the mafia anyway. Hell. Even if there's 3 Cabals due to Rickvoid being Cabal it's a loss for the town anyway. The mafia is obviously going to go ahead and help me into the ring if they're given the chance. ((And indeed, if you count, at this point at least one of them must be.))

The town has a far better chance if you were, oh I dunno, to convince me to vote with you on a pair of Cabals. And as for the whole higher chance to survive if I didn't claim... Uh, last time I checked, if I didn't claim, the Cabal would've eventually incapacitated me later. But whatever...

Sigh- and yes, I thought it was unlikely there'd be a survivor too. That's why it ended up with me contacting Org.

Sigh- not sure why I continue bothering. Really- this one's odd.
I hope someone may note the type I so enjoy, the style I love to play via by my more subtle ploy...

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #414 on: December 06, 2009, 06:00:21 pm »

Getting me into the last duel is getting a pass. I do not interfere with the win conditions of whoever gets in there with me. I guess I made the mistake of assuming that if the Cabal had a guaranteed chance of winning, I would end up being dealt with honorably rather than the very likely potential of them deciding to just off me in exchange for the win.
I'm just not sure that I actually believe that you have the role that you say you do...

And for the town; I award you guys D for Dunce. Honestly, have none of you thought this through? You kill the survivor... and you lose. I'm a balancing vote at the moment- 4 townies, 4 Cabals... one survivor. I die- then a townie dies... and it's victory for the mafia anyway. Hell. Even if there's 3 Cabals due to Rickvoid being Cabal it's a loss for the town anyway. The mafia is obviously going to go ahead and help me into the ring if they're given the chance. ((And indeed, if you count, at this point at least one of them must be.))
In a traditional game, yes.  The problem is, this isn't a traditional game.  Getting control of the lynch is not necessarily enough to win, you also have to win the duels.  And all of the cabal would (most likely) have to reveal themselves for this to happen...

Granted, it's not a great chance (if you're telling the truth), but still, it's there.  Especially if there is still at least one town combat role around.  And I still think you're lying.

PrinnyBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: December 06, 2009, 06:02:18 pm »

... If two townies are in a duel- only a townie can die. Where the hell is that going to not happen if the Cabal votes with me? Two votes- two townies get dropped in, done deal.
I hope someone may note the type I so enjoy, the style I love to play via by my more subtle ploy...

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: December 06, 2009, 06:02:58 pm »

If you are a scum(which you are) you will get assisted by the secret guy

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: December 06, 2009, 06:30:46 pm »

Meph announces setup before hand. He doesn't just throw in roles at random just because he feels like it. Prinny's claim has no real meaning, except that he's scum trying to look survivor in a game where there isn't one.

Also, I sort of voted Org prematurely. Unvote Org.

Janus: In the PM, Prinny stated that he claimed Illusionist to you. Is this true?

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: December 06, 2009, 06:35:04 pm »

Unvote

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #419 on: December 06, 2009, 06:41:09 pm »

Janus: In the PM, Prinny stated that he claimed Illusionist to you. Is this true?

Yes.  He claimed 'an illusionist of sorts' earlier in the game and actually claimed that Illusionist was his role more recently.

Why the vote?  Do you suspect me or are you just trying to get me to talk?  If you suspect me, why?

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 47