Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 47

Author Topic: Wizard Duel - Round 3 - Over: All Hail Jim Groovester!  (Read 57827 times)

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
Re: Wizard Duel - Round 3 - Duel 2 Set-Up Phase
« Reply #375 on: December 05, 2009, 01:47:17 am »

Hmm... shouldn't the turn have been posted by now?
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: December 05, 2009, 11:25:39 am »

Yeah, I just got stuck working late last night and didn't have a chance to run it. I'll have the turn up at some point today.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: December 05, 2009, 12:04:47 pm »

Kashyyk  inscribes Lime Green runes of Air in the air above Halmie to give him a Speed Boost
Pandarsenic  inscribes Purple runes of Fire in the air above Halmie to give him an Attack Boost
PrinnyBaal  inscribes Illusiory Purple runes of Water in the air above Halmie to give him additional Healing
JanusTwoFace inscribes Blueish runes of Earth in the air above Halmie to give him a Defense Boost

Set-up phase is now closed. I will post the results once I have a chance to do the write-up (hopefully in just a little bit)
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: December 05, 2009, 09:56:54 pm »

The two mages walk out onto the Arena floor. MagmaDeath enters from the South Side, Lime Green runes trailing behind him. As he reaches his starting spot he slams the butt of his staff on the ground, and a cascade of water and ice shoots up into the air in front of him.

From the North enters Halmie. He raises his wooden staff to the sky, and Aquamarine runes explode in the air around him. He gestures, and great spikes of stone rise up around him, their tips glittering with faint blue electricity.

At the sign from the Marshal of the games to begin the duel, MagamaDeath sweeps his staff forward. The icy waters surrounding him rush across the arena floor to slam into the surprised Halmie. He staggers backwards and brings up his shields, but before his maroon robes are drenched from the frigid torrent. His shields rise just in time to prevent a large ball of ice that MagmaDeath conjures above him, and the aquamarine mage's runes flare around him. One of the stone spikes is launched into the air and hurtles down at MagmaDeath, slamming through his shields but just grazing his leg.

The green mage sends spears of ice the pummel the blue mage. Halmie's shields buckle under the strain, and he is blinded by shards of ice. MagamDeath sends another wave of icy shards in, but the blue mage dodges aside as he wipes bloodly water from his eyes. Another spike of stone slams into the green runes, but they hold this time and the stone shatters into gravel.

A wave of frozen rain washes over the blue mage, merely scattering against his shield but enough to distract him from the giant wave of water bearing down on him. Halmie's shield buckles under the weight and he is swept off his feet and tumbled to the arena wall. Snarling, the blue mage slams his hands on the ground, causing the whole arena to shake. A great fissure opens up beneath MagmaDeath and he tumbles inside just before it snaps shut.

You stare in awe, wondering if this is the end of the green mage. But even as you start to think he is gone the earth shudders and a great spear of ice bursts from the ground  and slams into Halmie's shields to explode in a starburst of green light. MagmaDeath appears amidst the sparks and shards, his staff swinging towards Halmie. As the staff connects you see a jagged chunk of ice form on the end. The blue mage staggers backwards, holding his stomach. The chunk of ice then flies off the staff to glance against Halmie's head, knocking the blue mage to his knees. He thrusts his staff out at his opponent, but the green mage easily dodges the razor-sharp blades of obsidian that spin towards him.

The green mage spins his staff over his head, and great spears of ice begin to fall from the sky. The blue runes around Halmie shudder and spark as blow after blow slams into them. Finally, they give way again as two great spears of ice slam into him from each side. The blue mage rolls away, his robes sliced in a hundred places and the water at his feet stained red with his blood. Trailing his staff on the ground he draws a quick rune and the earth beneath MagmaDeath bursts upwards, sending the green mage tumbling backwards across the arena floor.

Battered, the green mage hobbles to his feet, using his staff to lever himself upright while his left hand gestures wildly. A hail of icy shards assaults the blue mage, but his runes flare to life around him and the ice explodes into mist. He throws another spear of rock at MagmaDeath, but it falls short of the mark as the green mages backs up.

Green lights shine brightly around MagmaDeath as he conjures yet another wave of water, but the blue mage is ready this time.  The earth around him rises up to form a bulwark against the waters, as the flow subsides Halmie gestures with his staff and the bulwark explodes outwards into a million chunks of stone. MagmaDeath is caught in the blast, and his runes flicker and die around him as tons of stone slam into them. Finally, the green mage is buried in rubble, only his head and one arm visible.

The Marshal calls the duel over, and the Healers rush out to MagmaDeath as Halmie staggers back through the doors of the Arena to rest up before the next duel.

You hear a gasping sound behind you, and turn to see Pandarsenic lying on the ground and clutching at his throat. The security detail rushes him off to the Healing Ward.

Looking up at the Floating Announcement Board you see:
  MagmaDeath, Time Mage of Air has lost a duel and is removed from the Tournament!
  Pandarsenic, War Mage of Water has choked on something and is removed from the Tournament!

Ok, that is Duel 2!

Vote Phase for Duel 3 has started and will go until ~5pm Pacific Tuesday

NOTE: Rickvoid has been absent for too long and needs to be replaced.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 09:59:12 pm by Mephansteras »
Come play Mafia with us!

MagmaDeath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wizard Duel - Round 3 - Duel 3 Vote Phase (1 Replacement needed)
« Reply #379 on: December 05, 2009, 10:03:38 pm »

Told you.
Knowledge=Power=Energy=Matter=Mass.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: December 05, 2009, 10:19:16 pm »

Someone is a roleblocker

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: December 05, 2009, 10:20:23 pm »

Oh COME ON

I'm a Water Mage! I can't choke! That's ridiculous! >:{
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

PrinnyBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: December 05, 2009, 10:20:42 pm »

I'm... With how long that battle went, I'm rather amazed. If the basic attack/counter number I'm recalling are correct... anytime he hit you he was doing double damage... and it seems you were doing pretty well despite that. Luck almost just beat probability. Entertaining, but also disheartening. Sorry 'bout that.

On the flip side, I'd say Halmie is probably a Tower. If he was Cabal, his stats should've been more than enough in that situation. Something... well, needless to say it should've been an easy kill, and it's far more likely imo that Halmie is Tower here.

- And there's Org. I'm assuming you're saying you were Role Blocked? Fine. Care to chat in private? I'm assuming you still dislike my commentary- and that means you're likely to be targeting me knowing basic psychology.
I hope someone may note the type I so enjoy, the style I love to play via by my more subtle ploy...

Halmie

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: December 05, 2009, 10:24:02 pm »

Sorry archivist is more important than time mage. I personally believed you but we couldnt change who went in the ring.

Org who did you end up scanning and what result did you get?

I think someone who assisted me was a subtle mage who assisted magma. It looked pretty intense. It could of been someone just assisting magma but I still would have been way further ahead. I also picked the right element and still had trouble (Isn't earth the right thing to attack air?)

I am either unlucky or one of the four who assisted me were subtle.
What do people think?
Meh.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: December 05, 2009, 10:24:18 pm »

PINNYBAAL IS SCUM

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: December 05, 2009, 10:25:48 pm »

Sorry archivist is more important than time mage. I personally believed you but we couldnt change who went in the ring.

Org who did you end up scanning and what result did you get?

I think someone who assisted me was a subtle mage who assisted magma. It looked pretty intense. It could of been someone just assisting magma but I still would have been way further ahead. I also picked the right element and still had trouble (Isn't earth the right thing to attack air?)

I am either unlucky or one of the four who assisted me were subtle.
What do people think?
Someone is a roleblocker
Someone....roleblocker
roleblocker

Halmie

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: December 05, 2009, 10:26:17 pm »

Yeah he's on top of my suspicion list. Why do I look more scummy than a lurker?

I was typing when you posted that.
Meh.

PrinnyBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: December 05, 2009, 10:33:05 pm »

Than care to pause on me? Honestly- you're so short sighted that I can't even begin to comment. You aren't going to explain your case... or what I commented that made your case. There's a REASON I even brought it up before hand.

If my contacting you is what made me scum... particularly in this case- can't you, oh, maybe... Think about it a little bit?

Also, guys... If Points help determine what Cabal we're dealing with... there's going to be some nasty Cabal. We've got a claimed Archivist, a Justicar, an Alchemist, a War Mage, a Time Mage, and a Warrior Mage. Last I checked, that's a lot of points.

... Also, what are our numbers at? Wouldn't it be 5/4 for Tower/Cabal?
I hope someone may note the type I so enjoy, the style I love to play via by my more subtle ploy...

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: December 05, 2009, 10:34:00 pm »

Than care to pause on me? Honestly- you're so short sighted that I can't even begin to comment. You aren't going to explain your case... or what I commented that made your case. There's a REASON I even brought it up before hand.

If my contacting you is what made me scum... particularly in this case- can't you, oh, maybe... Think about it a little bit?

Also, guys... If Points help determine what Cabal we're dealing with... there's going to be some nasty Cabal. We've got a claimed Archivist, a Justicar, an Alchemist, a War Mage, a Time Mage, and a Warrior Mage. Last I checked, that's a lot of points.

... Also, what are our numbers at? Wouldn't it be 5/4 for Tower/Cabal?
Hell0o scum

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: December 05, 2009, 10:35:44 pm »

I think there was definately a subtle mage helping out Magma. I would be willing to guess water healing, but still...

What intrigues me is a WIFOM problem with the length: With Halmie attacking with air, he should have doubled his damage and won quickly. One would think that, therefore, he must have darkness as his element, as light means no side action. On the other hand, with his boosts, one would expect a quick win, not the drawn out battle they had. Thus, he couldn't be Cabal with the stat boost and the good deal of spectator boost.

I think he's a water mage. Why? It seems the Fire Attack Boost must not have done much. If Magma had subtle Water healing from scum, it would mean the battle isn't too quick.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 47