Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 47

Author Topic: Wizard Duel - Round 3 - Over: All Hail Jim Groovester!  (Read 57874 times)

PrinnyBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wizard Duel - Round 3 - Duel 2 Vote Phase
« Reply #330 on: December 02, 2009, 05:28:59 pm »

PrinnyBaal: Are you still suspicious enough of RandomNumberGenerator to want him in the ring?  You unvoted Frelock, but haven't been on since RNG's post.

Yes, although given that I have essentially belief in my ability to get him in there... Well, at the very least I'm willing to try and continue going after him-

Prinny Baal, you post a lot, but you don't really say anything. I get the feeling that you're just trying to blather on uselessly to give your posts the appearance of content without necessarily actually contributing all that much.

You also voted for RNG for his votes on ExKirby, despite that we've basically got a policy lynch on all self-voters and people who want to be in the ring.

Dood, it's true I tend to have a wandering mind-set, but that doesn't mean my posts have no content. The fact that I came back and actually posted something for my post against RNG should be enough to point that out. Maybe I'm a little scattered as to my ability to organize posts, but I definitely am doing stuff.

The vote wasn't merely that he voted for Kirb, but how he approached the whole thing. A sort of personality setting that makes me believe he's more interested in just getting it over with, and yes; That he doesn't care what alignment Kirb was- He cared that Kirb was self-voting. Something that honestly? Isn't as bad as you all make it sound, at least, not immediately.

Also, Kirb got on with 3 or so votes on him already. Day 1, that's a pretty big thing to come on to. I dunno what the hell he might have thought, but personally, he looked more resigned than active to get into the ring. Also, policy lynch = bad. Do I honestly need to explain why?

Regardless, what might be nice is getting us out of having to deal with Org being in the ring, so... Vote Halmie. Of the two that can be used to reduce votes on Org, he's more suspicious to me.

Now, as for

Doesn't fit logically? The way I thought of it was this:

ExKirby wanted to fight in the ring, for no real reason. For this, I suspected he was very confident in his fighting ability, and this had a high probability of being a Cabal warrior-type mage. I I now see that I was mistaken, since he was just a tower alchemist. Since I suspected him as a fighting mage, I wanted him in the ring, and I was going to assist his opponent.

For the second post, he basically said "I want to be in the ring, but I don't want everyone assisting against me. So I'll remove my fote to stop the dogpile, because I still have more than enough votes to get into the ring." I didn't like the way he put this, which made me think that he was even more likely to be Cabal or a fighter(It seemed to me like he thought he could win in an even match). I didn't like this, so I was planning on voting him in and assisting his opponent(this was before we all decided o a no-assist.)

What, I'm not allowed to take Thanksgiving off? I didn't check anything during that break, not even my RTDs.
Honestly, the problem isn't that you wanted him in the ring, it's how you approached it. You didn't pay attention to his position or anything, you just decided right of, with him already figuring he was going in, it wasn't going to matter, and just sat and watched.

Also, huh. That explains why there was stuff going on... Alright, forgive me, I'm looking stupid again with the Thanksgiving thing. ((Honestly, I don't notice these things, they never really affect.))
I hope someone may note the type I so enjoy, the style I love to play via by my more subtle ploy...

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: December 02, 2009, 06:01:13 pm »

Honestly, the problem isn't that you wanted him in the ring, it's how you approached it. You didn't pay attention to his position or anything, you just decided right of, with him already figuring he was going in, it wasn't going to matter, and just sat and watched.

Could you clarify? I'm not sure what you're saying.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: December 02, 2009, 06:19:09 pm »

Also, policy lynch = bad. Do I honestly need to explain why?

Not in this game.

In a game where a vote isn't necessarily a death sentence, and who is removed from the game is determined by combat where the scum have an advantage, voting for yourself can be a WIFOM. One might reason, "The scum want to stay out of combat, so anybody who votes themselves is town!" And that wouldn't necessarily be true. In fact, since they have an advantage, it can be a prudent move to vote for themselves.

So that's why we've decided to automatically vote for anybody who votes for themselves. Don't deal with their WIFOM, just throw them right in.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: December 02, 2009, 08:10:04 pm »

The Glowing Tally Board
Halmie  : JanusTwoFace, Org, PrinnyBaal
MagmaDeath : Frelock, Halmie, Jim Groovester, Kashyyk, Pandarsenic, RandomNumberGenerator, RedWarrior0
Org : Halmie, RandomNumberGenerator
PrinnyBaal : Jim Groovester
RandomNumberGenerator : PrinnyBaal
RedWarrior0 : MagmaDeath
rickvoid: MagmaDeath, Org

Our two Duelists have been chosen! MagmaDeath returns to the Arena, this time to face Halmie!

Set-up phase has started and will go until ~5pm Pacific Friday or until I have all Elements, Assists, and Side-Actions.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Wizard Duel - Round 3 - Duel 2 Set-Up Phase
« Reply #334 on: December 02, 2009, 08:19:12 pm »

Yes

MagmaDeath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: December 02, 2009, 08:48:17 pm »

Back in the ring again.

Well, I'm not altogether surprised.

I guess I'm getting the role ExKirby wanted, staying in the ring fighting the cabel off.
Knowledge=Power=Energy=Matter=Mass.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: December 02, 2009, 10:01:19 pm »

Are we going to do a round of no-assists again?

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: December 02, 2009, 10:04:25 pm »

Probably. No Assist

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: December 02, 2009, 10:04:46 pm »

No Assist

sorry

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: December 02, 2009, 11:21:34 pm »

No Assist

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: December 02, 2009, 11:28:57 pm »

No assistance necessary.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: December 02, 2009, 11:39:33 pm »

Very well, if we're going to do this again, No Assist.  We'll see if magma does as well this round.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

PrinnyBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: December 03, 2009, 01:03:11 am »

:-\

Hmmm, this is feeling like exactly what I wanted to avoid. Honestly, we really shouldn't be so willing to leave things so far up to luck. Luck is a terrible thing to bet on- I know that well enough. Given that no assists can be changed, I'll stay on that for now, and if I don't see anyone going one way or another, I'll probably switch to assisting Halmie in this case with something more useful for seeing stats ((Such as fire healing or something.))

Could you clarify? I'm not sure what you're saying.
Specifically, I felt you cared more at shoving him in the arena- You didn't care if he was townie, he was just a lynch target. -_- I thought that was a pretty basic accusation, but I guess the implication just doesn't follow... I'm saying you were trying to get him into the arena not on any evidence, but based on the idea that he simply would be easy to yell at, then shrug and say something like "He deserved it."

Also, policy lynch = bad. Do I honestly need to explain why?

Not in this game.

In a game where a vote isn't necessarily a death sentence, and who is removed from the game is determined by combat where the scum have an advantage, voting for yourself can be a WIFOM. One might reason, "The scum want to stay out of combat, so anybody who votes themselves is town!" And that wouldn't necessarily be true. In fact, since they have an advantage, it can be a prudent move to vote for themselves.

So that's why we've decided to automatically vote for anybody who votes for themselves. Don't deal with their WIFOM, just throw them right in.
Policy Lynch is Policy Lynch regardless of what game it's in. The reason policy lynch is bad is because it presents easier ways to excuse their actions, waste lynches, and contribute without actually doing work for scum, and tends to get anti-town TOWNIES lynched. Yes, it's better that people just don't do self-voting. That doesn't mean it's a better idea to always vote such a person. It's better to use your brain in these cases, honestly, failure to do so means you're wasting our time.

And as for the whole randomness of combat: 2 tower mages in a duel is still a tower lynch. 2 cabal mages is always a cabal lynch. In both cases, it's better to throw in such a pair regardless. Letting a townie slip in is giving yourself a chance you can't catch the cabal. Any cabal jumping in is like robbing a police station. Yes, you just might get lucky, but hell if it's a bad idea regardless. The cabal is giving up the advantage of being able to quietly avoid any possibility of death for... a chance to die.

No Cabal member gains anything from being in battle. Not even the combat roles. The same applies to Tower.
WIFOM is one thing and that's not how it works I'm pretty sure. In this case, yes, people voting themselves into the arena is pretty anti-town, but it doesn't seem scummy to me. It seems anti-town. Also, again, have you ever considered the possibility someone might want to jump into the arena to have fun?
I hope someone may note the type I so enjoy, the style I love to play via by my more subtle ploy...

Halmie

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: December 03, 2009, 02:43:35 am »

Wow I was away for that whole time. Oops.
I should of snuck on in school.

On topic:

Ok. If I get a +2 in enough stats to make me about equal to a cabal. (Try the right combo from a few runs with the script) We can see if Magma is archmage (If he gets a clear win), cabal (about even) or vanilla townie (I win without much trouble).

Magma, why do you think I'm sure cabal?
Back in the ring again.

Well, I'm not altogether surprised.

I guess I'm getting the role ExKirby wanted, staying in the ring fighting the cabel off.
I got voted in to keep Org out incase his claim is true. rickvoid doesn't look like scum becuase he can't (not posting as far as I can see)
Meh.

MagmaDeath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: December 03, 2009, 02:50:39 am »

I don't,what I ment was that I 'm getting stuck in the ring ever day, like ExKirby wanted to be as seen...
Here
It depends, do you think that either ExKirby or MagmaDeath has been scummy enough to warrant an execution?  Than we would want to assist the other.

A question for each of the dualists:
ExKirby: If you survive, will you insist on being thrown into the dual tomorrow?
MagmaDeath: Will you be less lurky tomorrow if you survive?
Yup.

What good are you then?
It means that one less of you will need to risk your lives in proving scum.
Along with the 7 or eight other posts trying to get himself thrown in.
Knowledge=Power=Energy=Matter=Mass.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 47