Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 47

Author Topic: Wizard Duel - Round 3 - Over: All Hail Jim Groovester!  (Read 57880 times)

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
Re: Wizard Duel - Round 3 - Duel 2 Vote Phase
« Reply #315 on: December 01, 2009, 11:16:18 pm »

Actually, he can get NKed even in the ring.  Being in the ring prevents you from doing a side action, not being targeted by one.

WOW I HAD THIS BACKWARD

Unvote Org, I'm retarded. What Org said is true. Of course, the WIFOM potential of this is enormous, as with any copclaim.

I'm pretty sure MagmaDeath is scum though.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: December 02, 2009, 12:02:58 am »

Yea, I wouldn't think that Panda could be scum at this point, unless he and Org are on a team together...

Of course, Panda's being town says nothing about Org.  However, I'm not sure if Org is good enough to pull a fake-claim like that off.  He could have good coaching, of course, and might be trying to buddy up to town, but why would the scum choose Org of all people for a fake-claim like that?  I'm inclined to believe him.  Unvote Org

Also, Meph, can there be a cabal Justicar?  Obviously, one would be pointless unless there was an archivist around.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

PrinnyBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: December 02, 2009, 12:53:06 am »

Reads through the thread since his last post.

*Cries*

Please for the love of god, let there be a Guardian. Also, since there's absolutely no way for scum to fake results on a test, it's pretty clear that Panda is clear all the same as long as Org is what he claims he is. Given my impression of him... I could definitely see him being a Tower though, I can't really see him actually doing this as much ((Or as well)) as a Cabal.

As for the things I was supposed to be talking about:

So you're voting me for no reason at all? Good to know. I guess I can't exactly argue my side then.

Well, I'm also giving you a little vote-based love while I'm at it.  ;D Still, I suppose I may as well comment on a couple things.

Spoiler: "For you, RNG" (click to show/hide)

There you go. Doubtless, I look like a complete idiot, given I'm not going to go back and proofread or anything, and there'll probably be mistakes, but anyway: Have a bit of fun Dood.

Oh, and Frelock... I'm not really sure, I guess I should unvote you, since by far you're not in the same category of feelings as I am about RNG-chan.

Unvote Frelock.
I hope someone may note the type I so enjoy, the style I love to play via by my more subtle ploy...

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: December 02, 2009, 03:33:10 am »

We can't argue with tradition, so I'm going to, if I'm allowed, Double-Vote myself. If not, one on me and one on Org.

While you've done this before, I'm wondering why you're so eager to get into the ring. Are you a battleage perhaps? Or do you have a bonus to your abilities, fueled by black magic? Either way, I think that ExKirby should be one of the first combatants, so we know where he's standing...
-and-
I'm probably gonna go into the ring anyway, so Unvote me.

So you still want to go into the ring?

I'm keeping my vote on you.

This is probably what started the whole suspicion. After I misinterpreted Kirb's reasons for self-voting, I ended up going back a bit trying to figure out where I got that interpretation. I'd say that this is generally the spot. The main thing I would point out in the second one is really the difference between your line, and his. It really does seem you were putting words in his mouth, as he put it. Your response... doesn't logically fit with what he had said.
Doesn't fit logically? The way I thought of it was this:

ExKirby wanted to fight in the ring, for no real reason. For this, I suspected he was very confident in his fighting ability, and this had a high probability of being a Cabal warrior-type mage. I I now see that I was mistaken, since he was just a tower alchemist. Since I suspected him as a fighting mage, I wanted him in the ring, and I was going to assist his opponent.

For the second post, he basically said "I want to be in the ring, but I don't want everyone assisting against me. So I'll remove my fote to stop the dogpile, because I still have more than enough votes to get into the ring." I didn't like the way he put this, which made me think that he was even more likely to be Cabal or a fighter(It seemed to me like he thought he could win in an even match). I didn't like this, so I was planning on voting him in and assisting his opponent(this was before we all decided o a no-assist.)

This is the first disconcerting thing. The next section is mostly you discussing Kirb, along with everyone else; and then you vanish. As far as I can tell, this just kind of happened, and I'm not sure why ((Although I'll admit, I think a couple people vanished in that time region, seeing as how that's the same time region Magma vanished in.))
What, I'm not allowed to take Thanksgiving off? I didn't check anything during that break, not even my RTDs.
The next thing that comes up however is how you post. In all your posts you're... very straight. One sentence posts abound, which while perhaps that's natural for you, I feel is rather bad in it's own way. Beyond that, you also seem to have trouble understanding people. I hate going into this category but it seems some of the cases where it happens. Above noted, and you do ask for clarification, again, this is something I usually see people doing by PM, and doing it publically has always seemed a little scummy to me. The problem on that one is obvious, this game is more complicated than most, so... Don't mind that. It's a minor thing.

Lastly, we come to this phase. In all honesty, I feel you aren't contributing at this point. Or prior. I feel like you're riding the wave of general consent, and just avoiding things. So, if you care to comment on that, what do you think?[/spoiler]

There you go. Doubtless, I look like a complete idiot, given I'm not going to go back and proofread or anything, and there'll probably be mistakes, but anyway: Have a bit of fun Dood.

Oh, and Frelock... I'm not really sure, I guess I should unvote you, since by far you're not in the same category of feelings as I am about RNG-chan.

Unvote Frelock.

The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: December 02, 2009, 11:46:49 am »

Also, Meph, can there be a cabal Justicar?  Obviously, one would be pointless unless there was an archivist around.

No, right now Justicar is a Tower only role.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #320 on: December 02, 2009, 01:12:16 pm »

Unfortunately, all that really means is that (if Org is telling the truth), he knows Pandarsenic's alignment.  He could just as easily be Cabal though and acting as a Justicar.  Although I'm not sure if that's something Org would do...
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: December 02, 2009, 01:17:46 pm »

The Glowing Tally Board
MagmaDeath : Frelock, Halmie, Jim Groovester, Kashyyk, Pandarsenic, RandomNumberGenerator, RedWarrior0
Org : Halmie, Jim Groovester, MagmaDeath, RandomNumberGenerator
Pandarsenic : MagmaDeath
RandomNumberGenerator : PrinnyBaal

Reminder, vote phase ends ~5pm Pacific Today.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #322 on: December 02, 2009, 01:23:39 pm »

Right now, it's looks like MagmaDeath and Org in the ring, which seems like a poor decision on the chance that Org was telling the truth.  A Justicar is a nice thing to have, even if it limits his lifespan considerably (unless of course we have a Guardian around).

I can't believe I'm saying this, but how would everyone feel about a day extension to find someone else to go into the ring?  Or to decide that Org was lying (if that's the case) and send him in anyways.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: December 02, 2009, 01:27:12 pm »

NOTE: Day extensions are not possible in Wizard Duel, since the officials are on a time schedule and you're all supposed to fight in the ring eventually anyway
Come play Mafia with us!

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #324 on: December 02, 2009, 01:34:39 pm »

Really?  That's neat.  I actually like it, keeps the game moving.  Now the only problem is compressing enough discussion into a few hours.

I'll vote Halmie and Neruz then.  They've both been quiet, I think they could use a stint in the ring.  If either of you have any particular reason that I shouldn't vote for you or someone that you think would be a better choice, you'd better come in and let us know why/who.

MagmaDeath: Do you feel that Pandarsenic would be a better choice in the ring?  (Note that I'm going to weigh your rather one-sided win against whatever you say).

PrinnyBaal: Are you still suspicious enough of RandomNumberGenerator to want him in the ring?  You unvoted Frelock, but haven't been on since RNG's post.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #325 on: December 02, 2009, 01:42:38 pm »

Um, oops.  Neruz is currently unable to fight in the ring due to seizuring.  unvote Neruz.  Guess I should have checked the OP.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: December 02, 2009, 02:14:56 pm »

Unvote Org. We need to get Org out of the ring if he's telling the truth. We'll probably know whether he actually is the Justicar soon enough. And yes, let there be a Guardian.

Prinny Baal, you post a lot, but you don't really say anything. I get the feeling that you're just trying to blather on uselessly to give your posts the appearance of content without necessarily actually contributing all that much.

You also voted for RNG for his votes on ExKirby, despite that we've basically got a policy lynch on all self-voters and people who want to be in the ring.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

MagmaDeath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: December 02, 2009, 03:39:17 pm »

Well, I'm going to Unvote Org and Pandarsenic.
If Org is telling the truth, Then neither of them are scum.
We should stick some of the lurkers in the ring, such as Rickvoid and Redwarrior0.
At least it'll get them to post a bit more.
Knowledge=Power=Energy=Matter=Mass.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: December 02, 2009, 04:41:26 pm »

Rickvoid and Halmie to get myself out of the ring, Rick is a random, Halmie I dont like and seems like sum

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: December 02, 2009, 05:10:28 pm »

The Glowing Tally Board
Halmie  : JanusTwoFace, Org
MagmaDeath : Frelock, Halmie, Jim Groovester, Kashyyk, Pandarsenic, RandomNumberGenerator, RedWarrior0
Org : Halmie, RandomNumberGenerator
PrinnyBaal : Jim Groovester
RandomNumberGenerator : PrinnyBaal
RedWarrior0 : MagmaDeath
rickvoid: MagmaDeath, Org

You have ~3 more hours to get your votes in.

In the event of a tie, the duelist will be chosen randomly.
Come play Mafia with us!
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 47