Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 47

Author Topic: Wizard Duel - Round 3 - Over: All Hail Jim Groovester!  (Read 57772 times)

Halmie

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb!
    • View Profile
Re: Wizard Duel - Round 3 - Duel 1 Vote Phase
« Reply #165 on: November 23, 2009, 03:27:44 am »

Why are people voting PrinnyBaal? I didn't see a reason.

I stated my reasons for voting which wern't really good enough and I sorta agree so I rectracted it.
Meh.

PrinnyBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: November 23, 2009, 05:56:24 am »

I'm pretty sure the votes I got were mostly just RVS early, before this little event occurred. I think I got somewhere between 2 or 3. I could go back and check.

Yea, one vote RVS, one from Rickvoid for the fluffed post in that same stage, and another vote from RNG for my comment on the fluff post, same as last two. Basically all of which slowly disappeared as people became more focused on Org and Kirb. Frelock and RNG both removed their votes, so it seems only Ric is giving me any votes. Not that odd for a first phase.

In other commentary; Kirb, if you didn't mean to get dumped into the arena, I guess I misinterpreted your comment on not even caring about getting away from tradition or whatever. Sorry if you didn't want in period- To be honest, as I've told others; I'm surprised the pile on formed as fast as it did. Honestly, I do feel that playing more for the fun might lead to actually being willing to play that way; Running in to bet on one's luck of sorts- But it isn't exactly a long term plan at all. sooo...

... Ugh, head should not be operating at this time. Guess I'll just post this and try and figure things out tomorrow. Please forgive any clearly addled errors I leave in here.
I hope someone may note the type I so enjoy, the style I love to play via by my more subtle ploy...

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #167 on: November 23, 2009, 12:22:34 pm »

I'm pretty sure the votes I got were mostly just RVS early, before this little event occurred. I think I got somewhere between 2 or 3. I could go back and check.

Yea, one vote RVS, one from Rickvoid for the fluffed post in that same stage, and another vote from RNG for my comment on the fluff post, same as last two. Basically all of which slowly disappeared as people became more focused on Org and Kirb. Frelock and RNG both removed their votes, so it seems only Ric is giving me any votes. Not that odd for a first phase.

In other commentary; Kirb, if you didn't mean to get dumped into the arena, I guess I misinterpreted your comment on not even caring about getting away from tradition or whatever. Sorry if you didn't want in period- To be honest, as I've told others; I'm surprised the pile on formed as fast as it did. Honestly, I do feel that playing more for the fun might lead to actually being willing to play that way; Running in to bet on one's luck of sorts- But it isn't exactly a long term plan at all. sooo...

... Ugh, head should not be operating at this time. Guess I'll just post this and try and figure things out tomorrow. Please forgive any clearly addled errors I leave in here.
I do wanna go in.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: November 23, 2009, 12:32:43 pm »

Some interesting statistics on unassisted battle between Tower roles and a basic Cabal Wizard:

Tower Roles vs Cabal Dark Wizard:
(Numbers are percent chance of victory Tower/Cabal)
Wizard: 20/79
War Mage: 38/61
Battle Mage: 37/62
Warrior Mage: 36/63
Time Mage: 36/63
Archmage: 85/14

Note that this is with Elements that don't clash (Fire and Earth). As you can see, unassisted even tower battle roles will usually lose against the Cabal, although it's better then it was before. Even the weakened Archmage is still formidable, though. The increased health means battles will last longer, so you can learn more from them, but it also means that differences in power mean more. This also means that assists can have a huge effect on the battle.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 23, 2009, 12:34:51 pm »

Just out of interest, Meph, what would be the stats on tower wizard w/ one assist vs cabal?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 23, 2009, 12:40:17 pm »

Generally identical to the War/Battle/Time Mage, since the standard +2 boost is the same as their base stats.

Here is the stats for a Tower Wizard vs Cabal Dark Wizard with a +2 Healing Boost:
Healing: 38/61

If you wanted to know the stats for a Battle Role with a boost, I could do those, although it's a bit more work since I'd have to run simulations for each role with an assist of each type.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 23, 2009, 12:59:09 pm »

Meph, out of pure interest of how the gam works, do you think you can send me the program?
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 23, 2009, 01:00:20 pm »

Warning: It's Perl, and a bit ugly, but it works.

EDIT: Cut out some unused code to make it easier to read.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 01:38:41 pm by Mephansteras »
Come play Mafia with us!

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 23, 2009, 01:02:57 pm »

I was hoping for a .exe file, but that works too.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: November 23, 2009, 01:12:42 pm »

Tower Roles vs Cabal Dark Wizard:
(Numbers are percent chance of victory Tower/Cabal)
War Mage: 38/61
Battle Mage: 37/62
Warrior Mage: 36/63
Time Mage: 36/63
Healing: 38/61

Those are surprisingly balanced results. I guess having a +2 boost to one of your stats (+10 in the Warrior Mage's case) provides an equivalent advantage no matter what stat it is.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: November 23, 2009, 01:16:09 pm »

I put a lot of work into getting the script to balance like that.
Come play Mafia with us!

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: November 23, 2009, 01:19:59 pm »

Cool.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: November 23, 2009, 02:01:58 pm »

I noticed that with the percentages they all add up to 99. Is that intentional?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: November 23, 2009, 02:07:55 pm »

The Glowing Tally Board
ExKirby  : Frelock, Halmie, Jim Groovester, Kashyyk, MagmaDeath, Org, RandomNumberGenerator
Halmie  : Jim Groovester, PrinnyBaal
Kashyyk : RedWarrior0
MagmaDeath : ExKirby, Frelock, Org
Neruz  : JanusTwoFace
Org : MagmaDeath, Pandarsenic
Pandarsenic : JanusTwoFace, RedWarrior0
PrinnyBaal : rickvoid
RandomNumberGenerator : PrinnyBaal

Getting us back on track: Vote Phase ends ~5pm Pacific Tuesday

@Kashyyk: It's just a rounding artifact. The percentages are all just cut off before display, since I don't need accuracy in this.

Come play Mafia with us!

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: November 23, 2009, 02:16:29 pm »

So it is currently ExKirby and MagmaDeath.

So, Frelock, Org And ExKirby. Why are you voting MagmaDeath? If you really want to you can try to persuade me to vote MagmaDeath as well, since I have a free vote.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 47