Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47

Author Topic: Wizard Duel - Round 3 - Over: All Hail Jim Groovester!  (Read 57555 times)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Wizard Duel - Round 3 - Duel 8 Set-up Phase
« Reply #675 on: January 06, 2010, 04:05:36 pm »

Mwahahaha!

Everything is now in place.

Assist PrinnyBaal with Fiery Attack. PrinnyBaal, Kashyyk's affinity is Water. Blow him away!
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

PrinnyBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: January 06, 2010, 08:49:19 pm »

Aight.

Grats on being the only one to play a game about intrigue with... I dunno... intrigue.

Sort of funny, since if someone else had offered, then I would've had trouble deciding, but instead... yea.

Kash- you screwed up. Jim there was playing to win- he actually asked me to assist people of his choice, and left me alive so I could subtly change the course of the duels. The result is as you see. Even if phase shortening hadn't occurred, I would've been in to vote you and me into the arena.

At the very least, I'm getting my extra duel- and against a Cabal too! An actual challenge this time... Of course, I don't doubt you'll be opposing my element correctly, so I suspect this duel will go quite fast, but since Jim says you're water- ((Implied regardless since I was to assist you with Water Healing in your last duel)) well, the result is up in the air I suppose. 14 attack versus 11 net? There's still chance in this one I believe. Still, here goes nothing. ((Hasn't actually done the math- no point. Either I win or I don't. It's my job to make it my win. ^_^))
I hope someone may note the type I so enjoy, the style I love to play via by my more subtle ploy...

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: January 06, 2010, 11:13:33 pm »

You've been a surprisingly compliant cohort through this whole thing. I'm grateful for your help through this.

Too bad I'm betraying you too!

MWAHAHAHAHAHA!
MWAHAHAHAHAHA!
MWAHAHAHAHAHA!
MWAHAHAHAHAHA!

No, really. I hope you blow Kashyyk away, and then I'll just incapacitate you during the duel. This should allow me to become the High Mage without even needing to fight for it.

I'm actually surprised that my plan worked so well, but it might have something to do with people just plain not caring about what was going on after the Cabal was assured of victory.

I was pretty disappointed that after we had won a game through cunning and villainy we decided to have a nice, fair tournament to determine who won High Mage. I didn't like that, a group of villains backstabbing their way to victory all of a sudden forgetting that they were a group of backstabbing villains. So I decided well in advance to betray all of you.

I would've used the Cabal incapacitation against some of you if Meph hadn't told me that that wasn't going to work.

But let's not get ahead of ourselves. Before I can claim High Mage, PrinnyBaal needs to win this duel first.

And sheesh, I hope the Cabal doesn't win one of these games again with all their number intact. It's taken forever just to get down to three players.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: January 07, 2010, 12:42:08 am »

Now I really wish I had PM'd Meph the incapacitation request.

Bah!
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: January 07, 2010, 03:59:50 am »

lol. I will laugh so hard if I survive.

Kudos to Jim for such strategic backstabbing.

Halmie

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: January 07, 2010, 04:20:07 am »

Actually it looks pretty equal.
Meh.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: January 07, 2010, 06:22:37 am »

Good point, I have a defence, speed and health bonus, and he doesn't know what my element is.

PrinnyBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: January 07, 2010, 09:06:39 am »

Ah, you noticed it. Called it. That's why I was compliant- if Kash had voted me, I might have been able to 3 way deadlock, but that was really the only chance.

Well, I can only say- Hope that it doesn't backfire. Karma can happen that way sometimes through sheer chance in weird ways- mostly through a sheer awkward turn in terms of probability. I hope I win though. Once I'm done with that... Meh. It would be funny if I did though.

Also- lol Kashyyk, you do realize... Yea, sure whatever. Unless you lied to your teammates, I doubt I'm wrong. Which, to be honest- lying to your teammates is all cool and fair.
I hope someone may note the type I so enjoy, the style I love to play via by my more subtle ploy...

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: January 07, 2010, 12:29:52 pm »

Duel has been run. I'll get the write-up done sometime later today.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: January 07, 2010, 12:30:51 pm »

I can't wait.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: January 07, 2010, 04:49:24 pm »

The excitement of the arena has hit a fever pitch. Spectators cheer, boo, and nearly come to blows with one another as they predict the winner of this match.

Kashyyk arrives from the north side, his cloak glowing with lime green runes of power and protection. As he reaches the summoning circle he scrapes his staff along the ground. The floor rumbles and cracks as blades of stone rise up around him.

PrinnyBaal appears within a purple ball of fire from the South. He flourishes his blade, and bows to the crowd.

The display of lights from the Marshal is short but dramatic, bursts of color filling the air of the arena to the sounds of trumpets.

A hailstorm of blades answers the trumpets as Kashyyk unleashes his attack. Spinning and dodging Prinny manages to avoid the worst of it, but his robes are still in tatters after the assault. A sweep of his blade send a gout of flame and lava shooting up from the ground at the green wizard's feet, but he shields himself with his cloak. Green runes flash and spark, but the protective magic holds.

Taking advantage of his opponent's distraction Prinny stabs his blade in the air. Shimmering walls of heat obscure the arena, but you can see the purple mage slash downward with the blade. Kashyyk looks up just in time to be slammed backwards by a superheated blast of air. The green wizard rolls to his knees and scratches a rune on the ground. With a cracking roar a spike of earth shoots upwards from beneath the purple wizard. PrinnyBaal simply jumps lightly off of it however, and begins a spinning dance in the middle of the arena.

Around and around he spins, his blade a flashing line of purple fire. With a shout he comes to a stop, his blade pointed at his opponent. Above him the shout is echoed by a great Phoenix of pure flame. It cries and dives down towards the green mage. Kashyyk rises to his feet and raises his staff.

The Arena then explodes in light and heat. Even protected by the magical barriers of the arena, the crowd flinches backwards from the intense heat. As you blink your eyes and focus on the Arena, the Phoenix is gone. Below, both mages crumple to the ground. Their robes are singed, their runes sputter and spark as the last energy leaves them.

The Marshal appears within the Arena, followed closely by the security force and the Healers.

After examining the two duelists, he makes a pronouncement to the security team.

Looking up at the Floating Announcement Board you see:
    Kashyyk, Cabal Subtle Wizard of Water has lost a duel and is removed from the Tournament!
    PrinnyBaal, Subtle Wizard of Earth has suffered a mishap in a duel and is removed from the Tournament!

Taking his place back at the dias, the Marshal calls Jim Groovester before him.

All Hail Jim Groovester, new High Mage of the Council!

Congratulations to the Cabal. They truly deserved this victory!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wizard Duel - Round 3 - Over: All Hail Jim Groovester!
« Reply #686 on: January 07, 2010, 04:51:48 pm »

Spoiler: Set-Up (click to show/hide)

Cabal Chat: http://www.quicktopic.com/43/H/WFdCUShMjne8

Healing Ward:  http://www.quicktopic.com/43/H/StfjRJ75B5Md
Come play Mafia with us!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: January 07, 2010, 04:52:01 pm »

And Jim truly truly deserves his.  I was really hoping we'd see cabal backstabbing ;).

Edit - I dunno about 4 scum in a 14p game.  Since the town can't lynch, which puts them at lylo a lot earlier, it probably gave the scum an advantage.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: January 07, 2010, 04:54:08 pm »

Spoiler: Duel 1 Side Actions (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Duel 1 Combat Details (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Duel 2 Side Actions (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Duel 2 Combat Details (click to show/hide)
Come play Mafia with us!

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: January 07, 2010, 04:54:21 pm »

And Jim truly truly deserves his.  I was really hoping we'd see cabal backstabbing ;).

Edit - I dunno about 4 scum in a 14p game.  Since the town can't lynch, which puts them at lylo a lot earlier, it probably gave the scum an advantage.
Yeah, 4 was a bit much.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47