Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 47

Author Topic: Wizard Duel - Round 3 - Over: All Hail Jim Groovester!  (Read 57563 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Wizard Duel - Round 3 - Duel 5 Set-ups Phase
« Reply #645 on: December 24, 2009, 03:00:39 pm »

The doors to the North and South of the Arena open.

PrinnyBaal slides towards his starting circle on a wave of water, purple runes wavering along the sides. As he comes to a stop the water forms a shell around him.

Halmie walks in from the south, his Maroon robes flapping as his wooden staff clicks against the stone. As he stops in his circle a great aquamarine rune appears before him. The ground rumbles, and a great stone dog claws its way from the rocks of the Arena floor.

A spray of colored light flashes over the Arena, and the stone dog lunges forward. The globe of water leaps as well, spinning towards the dog. As the dog crashes down on the globe PrinnyBaal appears from inside it and slashes out at Halmie. The aquamarine wizard steps back and glares at his opponent while fingering a long cut in the sleeve of his robe.

PrinnyBaal slashes again, but Halmie blocks with his staff and steps to the side as the stone dog plows into Prinny and knocks him to the ground. A slap with it's paw sends him rolling away, and the purple mage summons mist to conceal himself from the dog.

The great stone dog leaps into the mist, lunging around and growling with a deep grinding voice. But the purple mage has slipped away.

From the mists comes a cracking sound, and a great dragon of ice and water shoots out. Halmie barely dodges out of it's path, and is blinded by a spray of freezing mist. You can hear the dog growl from the mist.

The dragon turns, and claw of water and ice slashes out at Halmie. His runes flare, but then shatter, and he staggers away with a rent along his right arm. The dragon turns to attack again, but the stone dog leaps in the way.

The two Elemental beasts grapple, the dog's jaws clenched on a thrashing wave of ice and water while the dragons claws screech along the stone flanks of the beast. Halmie backs up, his runes flaring as he pours his powers into his construct.

Back and forth the battle rages. Ice shatters against rock, and flecks of stone and earth rain down from the battered hound. Purple runes shine forth from within the great Dragon's head as it slams into the stone dog again and again.

The dog leaps away, tearing a chunk of ice with it. As the dragon turns to answer, you hear a shout and watch as Org is propelled off of his chair and into the Arena! He is batted aside by the leaping hound, only to be slammed again as the dragon uncoils itself and crashes, into the hound. Flakes of stone and ice rain down on the hapless wizard as he goes tumbling along the arena floor to splash into a pool of muddy water. The Marshal of the Games calls an immediate halt, and the healers rush out to drag the battered mage to safety.

With Org safely en route to the Healing Ward, the Marshal signals for the combatants to begin again.

A great blast of frigid air washes over you as the dragon lets out a blast. Chunks of jagged ice and slashing rain explode from it's mouth and wash over the stone hound. As the rocky beast shrinks from the blast the dragon strikes again, claws of ice ripping chunks from the hound. It leaps at the dragon, only to be slammed aside by its tail. The dog rolls and slowly claws to its feet, the low grinding rumble of its growl vibrating the entire arena.

With a great howl it launches itself at the dragon. Icy claws rip into it as it clamps its teeth down on the dragons neck.

Back and forth the two great beasts roll, the dragon's claws ripping into the dog as it maintains a deathgrip on the icy throat of its foe. But soon the claws of the dragon dig deep, and blue light floods out over the arena from the many rents in the stone hid of the dog. With a final cracking howl the hound shatters into a pile of rubble, and Halmie collapses to the ground.

PrinnyBaal steps out of the head of the dragon, which fades to mist behind him. He draws his sword and points it at the remaining Wizards of the Tournament, before stalking off to the exit.

Looking up at the Floating Announcement Board you see:
    Halmie, Archivist of Water has lost a duel and is removed from the Tournament!
    Org, Justicar of Fire has fallen into the Arena and is removed from the Tournament due to injuries!

Long fight.

Anyway, Vote Phase will go until I have all the votes. With Christmas tomorrow, I don't really expect anything until Monday or so of next week. But the sooner I have all the votes (or enough to ensure the combatants), I'll move on to the set-up phase.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2009, 03:02:41 pm by Mephansteras »
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
Re: Wizard Duel - Round 3 - Duel 6 Vote Phase
« Reply #646 on: December 24, 2009, 04:24:47 pm »

Jim and RNG
All generalizations are false....including this one.

PrinnyBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: December 24, 2009, 11:06:54 pm »

Ah, not throwing me in again? So sad- I was more than willing to go at it as long as it took to exhaust the energy I have.

Also- lol at the victory with me using water. Guess that's a veritable classic. Funniest thing is the situation is that I should honestly have lost in a match up like that... still.

Hmmm... I wonder if I can point at the town yet about how you guys really screwed up with the throwing me in there over and over... It really had no point. I warned about the very same point being the mafias goal- and no one commented.

Clearly I'm too much the... 'noob' to ever be right. I shouldn't have bothered thinking I could actually do anything about this game.

Vote Prinny

I don't feel like leaving the ring. Sorry- mind indulging me cabal? It's not like you need to butcher me immediately anyway. I'm a friggin subtle mage. Also- I doubt I'll be joining another game over here for awhile short of a beginner's mafia. I clearly need to start from the beginning again if I'm going to bother...
I hope someone may note the type I so enjoy, the style I love to play via by my more subtle ploy...

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: December 26, 2009, 07:05:11 pm »

Let's just get this over with. Myself and RNG.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: December 26, 2009, 07:54:08 pm »

Jim and Myself.

Phase Shortening
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: December 28, 2009, 11:12:39 am »

The Glowing Tally Board
Jim Groovester   : Frelock, Jim Groovester, RandomNumberGenerator
PrinnyBaal : PrinnyBaal
RandomNumberGenerator : Frelock, Jim Groovester, RandomNumberGenerator

Our next two Duelists, Jim Groovester and RandomNumberGenerator!

Set-up phase will go until I have Assists and Side actions from everyone and the Elements used by the duelists.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
Re: Wizard Duel - Round 3 - Duel 6 Set-up Phase
« Reply #651 on: December 28, 2009, 05:54:14 pm »

No Assist

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: December 28, 2009, 06:26:57 pm »

RNG, it was fun, but I will defeat you. The title of High Mage will be mine!
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: December 28, 2009, 07:42:56 pm »

Talk in cheap. We'll settle this in the arena.

PrinnyBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: December 28, 2009, 07:46:23 pm »

Right- you guys can sort it out yourselves.

No assist

Cause. You know. It matters what I say.

... Can we get on with it? I think I'm the last person to pos... oh, wait no. Kash is still here.
I hope someone may note the type I so enjoy, the style I love to play via by my more subtle ploy...

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: December 30, 2009, 04:45:48 pm »

I will give Kashyyk until 5pm pacific today to state if he is doing anything. If not, I'm going to close the set-up phase. Not sure if I'll get the write-up done tonight or not, but it'll be soon.
Come play Mafia with us!

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: December 31, 2009, 08:56:11 am »

Am I in time?

Doesn't really matter though, No Assist

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: December 31, 2009, 04:44:27 pm »

The crowd is hushed as the two wizards enter the arena.

Jim Groovester moves to his starting circle with a stately walk, beige runes flare around him and wisps of sand trail after him. He gives his wand an imperious wave, and columns of shifting sand arise around him.

From the other end comes RandomNumberGenerator. His dark purple robes shimmer with purple runes, and the tip of his bident sparks with purple energy has he walks. Above him trails a storm cloud, winds howling and arc of lightning flashing within it.

As the Marshal signals the games to start the Arena explodes in motion. A powerful gale slams into Jim, and he is forced back a step before his runes push back the winds. RandomNumberGenerator, meanwhile, is hit by waves of sand. He screams and covers his eyes, runes flashing around him.

With a flash of purple energy, the sandstorm is brushed aside. Jim is thrown from his feet as a blast of lighting from the storm slams into him. Beige runes flash and crackle as the purple mage stabs forward with the bident, arcs of energy slamming into Jim. The beige wizard's eyes flash, and his wand explodes with light. The arena shudders and the onlookers stare in wonder as a giant column of sand engulfs the purple wizard. The column shifts and turns, and finally collapses.

RandomNumberGenerator is revealed, lying in a pool of sand. His robes are in tatters, and the visible flesh has been scraped raw by sand.

Staggering, barely able to walk, Jim leaves the arena as the healers rush out to collect the fallen duelist. You watch with interest as they inspect his bident, and then send it to the Marshal with a look of distaste.

Looking up at the Floating Announcement Board you see:
    RandomNumberGenerator, Cabal Enchanter of Air has lost a duel and is removed from the Tournament!

Duel 7 voting is up. Voting will last until we have selected the next duelists.
Come play Mafia with us!

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
Re: Wizard Duel - Round 3 - Duel 7 vote Phase
« Reply #658 on: December 31, 2009, 08:22:52 pm »

Aww, man...

And why is Prinny not incapacitated, either? I'm the only roleblocker...

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
Re: Wizard Duel - Round 3 - Duel 7 vote Phase
« Reply #659 on: January 01, 2010, 04:03:06 am »

Odd, he should have been, though I didn't personally send in a PM I thought we had made our intentions clear...looks like Jim gets to have some fun tonight.

In any case Myself and Kashyyk
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 47