Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 47

Author Topic: Wizard Duel - Round 3 - Over: All Hail Jim Groovester!  (Read 57831 times)

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
Re: Wizard Duel - Round 3 - Duel 2 Set-Up Phase
« Reply #345 on: December 03, 2009, 03:29:27 am »

Hey, ANY role can be either alignment, right?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: December 03, 2009, 06:49:22 am »

PrinnyBaal is scummy

Halmie

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: December 03, 2009, 07:11:21 am »

Please answer pandarsenics question please. I depend on it being answered.
Meh.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: December 03, 2009, 11:31:17 am »

Hey, ANY role can be either alignment, right?

Incorrect. Justicar, Grey Mage, and Celestial Mage are all Tower-only roles.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: December 03, 2009, 04:13:28 pm »

Right, right.

Hmmm....

This is troublesome.

Withdrawing my no assist; I need to figure something out before this progresses.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #350 on: December 03, 2009, 04:26:22 pm »

Whoa!  That was a lot of no assists really quickly there.  An anti-bandwagon as it were?

As it stands, MagmaDeath is not vanilla tower.  He wouldn't have won so quickly and he admitted it.  Most likely, he's a Cabal Mage, a Time Mage (of either flavor), or an Archmage (in roughly that order).

If he's a Cabal Mage or Time Mage, then we should try to balance Halmie against MagmaDeath or even aid him more to take him out.  On the other hand, if he's a Tower Archmage, we really need his help towards the end of the game.  What we do have is Org though.

Mod: Would a theoretical Justicar be able to relay any results before being incapacitated if targeted by the Cabal or a Gray Mage?

If so, I think we would best be served by no assisting and having Org determine the status of MagmaDeath.

If not, I think we should assist against MagmaDeath to the point where Halmie has roughly the stats of a Cabal Mage (+1 in each, assist once each with the wrong element).  That way, we can confirm (or at least get more information on what MagmaDeath is).

Random comment:

Withdrawing my no assist

For some reason this cracked me up...
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: December 03, 2009, 04:35:01 pm »

Mod: Would a theoretical Justicar be able to relay any results before being incapacitated if targeted by the Cabal or a Gray Mage?

No, the incapacitation would take place before he would be able to post again.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: December 03, 2009, 04:38:46 pm »

Out of curiosity, would he be able to find anything out before being incapacitated?

also, I like the boosting of Halmie idea.

If you guys don't mind, I'll boost speed.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: December 03, 2009, 04:40:03 pm »

Okay, I'm just going to throw this in here:

Halmie is an Archivist. He successfully told me my role. I suggest we boost the shit out of him and have Org scan him, because he can use his side action to explain why people win by dramatic superhuge amounts.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: December 03, 2009, 04:40:34 pm »

PrinnyBaal is scummy

I already selected a scan

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: December 03, 2009, 04:46:00 pm »

Out of curiosity, would he be able to find anything out before being incapacitated?

Yes, although the only ones he could talk to about it would be other people in the Healing Ward in that case.
Come play Mafia with us!

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #356 on: December 03, 2009, 04:51:03 pm »

First, just remember that Archivists are not on the list of cannot-be-Cabal.  So keep that in mind, that he may only half be telling the truth.

Second, I think that MagmaDeath needs to claim his role now.  Yes, I'm rolefishing, so sue me.  But we need to know right now if his role is more or less valuable than an Archivist.  Basically, if he's an Archmage.  Then Org can target whichever is more valuable with everyone assisting so we can guarantee that (assuming Org is Tower) we can know whether or not we can trust them (assume that he survives, which looks a little stickier at this point).

That being said, I don't think that Org would try to pull off a fake Justicar claim by himself, but I wouldn't put it past an Org/Pandarsenic scum team.  In which case, we should tread very carefully for the time being.

Thoughts?

Psudeo-edit:
Ok, so Org apparently already sent in a scan of PrinnyBaal.  That might change things somewhat.

Mod: Can the target of side action be changed before the duel actually takes place?
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

PrinnyBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: December 03, 2009, 04:51:54 pm »

Glad to see you're so determined to prove me Cabal, Org. I already commented on it to you, so go ahead and do whatever you wish. If I come back Cabal go ahead and announce it, although I won't, so you may as well be ready to PM me come phase change. I'm more hoping that you survive~ That would be slightly more helpful in this situation.

Also, I'm going to go ahead and assist Halmie then:

Assisting Halmie's Healing with Water.

If you can't figure out why I'm doing this at this point... Honestly, read the thread. I already stated I wanted to assist Halmie, and with the more recent comments, here you go. Hopefully we see a couple more assists rather than him just being stomped by his opponent...
I hope someone may note the type I so enjoy, the style I love to play via by my more subtle ploy...

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: December 03, 2009, 04:52:55 pm »

Mod: Can the target of side action be changed before the duel actually takes place?

Yes, side action decisions can be changed up until the point where the duel takes place.

It is only assists that cannot be taken back once given.
Come play Mafia with us!

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: December 03, 2009, 04:53:07 pm »

First, just remember that Archivists are not on the list of cannot-be-Cabal.  So keep that in mind, that he may only half be telling the truth.

Second, I think that MagmaDeath needs to claim his role now.  Yes, I'm rolefishing, so sue me.  But we need to know right now if his role is more or less valuable than an Archivist.  Basically, if he's an Archmage.  Then Org can target whichever is more valuable with everyone assisting so we can guarantee that (assuming Org is Tower) we can know whether or not we can trust them (assume that he survives, which looks a little stickier at this point).

That being said, I don't think that Org would try to pull off a fake Justicar claim by himself, but I wouldn't put it past an Org/Pandarsenic scum team.  In which case, we should tread very carefully for the time being.

Thoughts?

Psudeo-edit:
Ok, so Org apparently already sent in a scan of PrinnyBaal.  That might change things somewhat.

not prinny...
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 47