Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 47

Author Topic: Wizard Duel - Round 3 - Over: All Hail Jim Groovester!  (Read 57728 times)

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
Re: Wizard Duel - Round 3 - Duel 1 Vote Phase
« Reply #150 on: November 22, 2009, 03:50:47 pm »

For the obvious reason, I presume?
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: November 22, 2009, 03:59:03 pm »

For the obvious reason, I presume?
Indeed.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: November 22, 2009, 04:04:52 pm »

The Glowing Tally Board
ExKirby  : Frelock, Halmie, Kashyyk, MagmaDeath, Org, RandomNumberGenerator
Halmie  : Jim Groovester, PrinnyBaal
Kashyyk : RedWarrior0
MagmaDeath : ExKirby, Frelock, Org
Neruz  : JanusTwoFace
Org : Halmie, MagmaDeath, Pandarsenic
Pandarsenic : JanusTwoFace, Jim Groovester, RedWarrior0
PrinnyBaal : RandomNumberGenerator, rickvoid
RandomNumberGenerator : PrinnyBaal

Check that over and make sure everything is right. I had to skim this, so I may have missed something, especially if it wasn't in red.

Vote phase ends ~5pm Pacific Tuesday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: November 22, 2009, 04:12:47 pm »

I do want to stay in the ring. I think it's become a habit of mine =3

Whatever, I tried. Unvote Pandarsenic. ExKirby.

Jim: If our test subjects die too fast, their opponents are probably scum. Would you like me to hold your hand or stop using pronouns? Honestly, a little effort, please.

Ambiguous pronoun usage = bad grammar. Go find an ENG101 class that will teach you that.

Are PM's allowed between townies?

Jim: First you accuse me of bandwagon then you say ok its a half bandwagon then you ask why I said I voted first. huh?

I am sticking my vote on Org unless he does some serious scumhunting to prove he is worth not testing. This is not a death warrant unless ExKirby is a power role. And why are you and Janus so protective of Org anyway?

I'm suspicious of you because when I said you were part of a bandwagon, you pointed out that you were the first to vote. You couldn't be part of a bandwagon if you were the first one on it, right? That sounds like something the Cabal might try.

As for why I'm defending Org? Because I think he's getting shafted for no particular reason other than people don't like him. This has backfired before, however, in the first Wizard's Duel, where I defended him and he turned out to be scum.

Thanks Jim. Yeah, halmie, WHY DO YOU THINK I AM SCUM? CANT HAVE A POWER ROLE CAN I?

Yeah, whatever. Start being useful before I change my mind.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: November 22, 2009, 04:21:38 pm »

Yeah it's the same for me. Keeps timing out on me.
And for me.

Jim: If our test subjects die too fast, their opponents are probably scum. Would you like me to hold your hand or stop using pronouns? Honestly, a little effort, please.

And honestly? I'm not scum. I'm just saying, this is honestly the best use I can think of for them. It's not like they're going to help us find scum. Hostility to people who are unhelpful isn't being scum, it's being sick of their bullshit.

Unfortunately, I agree with both of you.  I agree that Org is probably not going to be otherwise useful (Org, now would be a good chance to prove me wrong) and that ExKirby seems to happy to be going into the room.

However, with the lowered Cabal stats and doubled health, I have a feeling that we will not be seeing any quickly dying opponents this time around.  Perhaps a tendency towards Cabal winning, but nothing so obvious.

- vote Neruz for joining the Org/ExKirby wagon right after Jim Grovvester (always thought it was Groovestar, oops), RedWarrior, and Kashyyk were arguing about just that and for not really having much content yet either

I suggest you check again; i voted Kirby into the ring right at the start of the game, it's just that the game had to be restarted and thus my vote didn't count, as the game was restarted while i was asleep, i didn't get to restate my vote until after everyone else had jumped on the wagon.

I didn't actually notice that because I didn't sign in until after the game started for the second time.  That still doesn't change the fact that when you cast your new votes for Org and ExKirby it was just after the discussion about someone else doing exactly the same thing without even commenting on it.  Which makes me think that you weren't actually paying attention to what is going on.

So, nothing changed between the two (other than you wanting to vote for Org instead of Pandarsenic)?  This seems odd, there were a lot of posts between the two.

So, I've done what I usually do and checked the posting records of everyone this game:

Spoiler: Post records (click to show/hide)

Numbers are useful posts (from my point of view) / total posts.  It's entirely possible that I've missed something and 'useful' is subjective, but I think these are pretty close.

Anyways, MagmaDeath hasn't said anything yet and IMO, Neruz, Kashyyk, Org, and ExKirby havn't really posted much of use.  Please don't lurk.  If you're Tower, it really helps the the Cabal a heck of a lot more than it helps us.  If you're Cabal, it's just annoying, please don't do it.

Also, Mephansteras, Neruz is missing from the original post and could we get a prod on MagmaDeath?
I can only be useful not in the ring.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: November 22, 2009, 05:03:16 pm »

I thought I Unvoted PrinnyBaal earlier, but I unvoted Janus by mistake - someone I never voted for.

So... here's correcting that.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: November 22, 2009, 06:27:45 pm »

Ambiguous pronoun usage = bad grammar. Go find an ENG101 class that will teach you that.

Sure, if you take Intro to Logic.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Halmie

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: November 22, 2009, 07:07:20 pm »

Fine, Fine.Unvote Org If you're not useful by second vote phase I'm voting you in again no buts or ifs.

I'm gonna vote later today.
Meh.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: November 22, 2009, 07:29:34 pm »

Halmie. You are not being useful by trying to vote someone in the ring by other game info.

PrinnyBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: November 22, 2009, 08:51:25 pm »

There we go. Finished up starting my maf game so time to work on this.

Alright, looking through the thread I figured I wouldn't be much help with my thoughts, but still:

Frelock; I want to know a bit more about you; Care to comment on how you view this debacle we have? You're on one of our contesteds, and somehow I feel you haven't actually been commenting that much so I figured I'd go ahead and ask how you feel about the whole thing.

As far as my thoughts... this is just awkward. It's exactly as many of the games I've played in elsewhere usually result; Day 1, some poor bastard gets marked by just about everyone, and usually for something that's more a personality quirk than an action.

I'd personally say that Kirb doesn't deserve as much of the "You gonna die" as he seems to be getting, I know I might have done something similar in a less ruthless game; but as it is, it feels like he's getting the shaft for playing a little more for fun than to win. I dunno, maybe that's just my idea of it, but that's sort of how I interpret the situation. Maybe I'm just nuts.

Still... not sure what to say.
I hope someone may note the type I so enjoy, the style I love to play via by my more subtle ploy...

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: November 22, 2009, 11:33:07 pm »

Also, Mephansteras, Neruz is missing from the original post and could we get a prod on MagmaDeath?

I'll get Neruz added in. If MagmaDeath hasn't posted by EOD Monday I'll prod him, but I don't count weekend absences against people.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #161 on: November 22, 2009, 11:59:32 pm »

I'd personally say that Kirb doesn't deserve as much of the "You gonna die" as he seems to be getting, I know I might have done something similar in a less ruthless game; but as it is, it feels like he's getting the shaft for playing a little more for fun than to win. I dunno, maybe that's just my idea of it, but that's sort of how I interpret the situation. Maybe I'm just nuts.

I cannot speak for others, but I'm getting more of a 'let you fight it out if you want to' vibe rather than a 'die now' vibe going against ExKirby.  And, to be fair, that's kind of what he's been going for in the past two games and seems to be going back and forth doing this time around.  Wizard's Dual is neat like that: just getting voted in the first phase is not necessarily a death warrant.  You just have to convince people to back you in the ring and you're golden.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: November 23, 2009, 01:37:27 am »

Frelock; I want to know a bit more about you; Care to comment on how you view this debacle we have? You're on one of our contesteds, and somehow I feel you haven't actually been commenting that much so I figured I'd go ahead and ask how you feel about the whole thing.

How I feel about the whole thing?  Well, it's day one of a wizard's dual; the point isn't so much to kill scum as to find out who is scum by testing them in the ring.  Of course, I do believe we're going to hit cabal; even voting randomly we've got about a 49.4% chance of putting at least 1 cabal into the ring.  Also, janus is right: dual is not necessarially a death warrant, you've got about a 50% chance if it's an even fight. Therefore, if ExKirby wants into the ring, I'd be more than happy to put him there.  At the very least we aren't putting in a tower person with a side action.  At best, we're putting in scum.  Also, if we ever hesitate to put someone in the ring who wants to go there, scum will start to claim they want in on the ring in order to keep out.  Therefore, Exkirby is a necessary vote, and I approve of all who are voting him in.

As for the other stuff that's going on, it's pretty much a lurker hunt.  Personally, I see nothing wrong with that.  We want people to be here; nothing will lose a game faster than an inactive town.  Scum don't mind lurking, they get their win by being active at night.  But we get our wins during the day, and we need to get everyone in here to participate and lynch the scum.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 23, 2009, 01:57:04 am »

On that note; i do apologise for my lurking. I've been looking for something to jump on other than Org for, well, being Org, but i'm yet to see anything that looks suitably jumpable. Which is somewhat annoying.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #164 on: November 23, 2009, 02:44:22 am »

I cannot speak for others, but I'm getting more of a 'let you fight it out if you want to' vibe rather than a 'die now' vibe going against ExKirby.  And, to be fair, that's kind of what he's been going for in the past two games and seems to be going back and forth doing this time around.  Wizard's Dual is neat like that: just getting voted in the first phase is not necessarily a death warrant.  You just have to convince people to back you in the ring and you're golden.
Thanks for taking my words and rearranging them into something useful.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 47