Poll

Reveal Mechanic? (vote in thread)

Reveal (cannot run again)
- 0 (0%)
Hide (can run again)
- 1 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14

Author Topic: Ill Met By Moonlight Mafia:(BastardMaybeMod) Day 2: Game Over!  (Read 37332 times)

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
Re: Ill Met By Moonlight Mafia:(BastardMaybeMod) Day 2- 1 REPLACEMENT NEEDED
« Reply #150 on: December 09, 2009, 03:59:26 am »

Neruz's post is a total cop-out.

Neruz, why aren't you asking me any questions? Why aren't you posting anything of substance for me? At least Vector is scumhunting (as misguided as he may be), unlike you. And unlike everyone else in this game. In fact, I'm curious as to how you can say nobody else looks guilty but it doesn't concern you that only ~half of the players have posted.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: December 09, 2009, 04:34:07 am »

I'm not asking any questions because you havn't actually answered any.

Overreaction: Not really.

Oh yes, this is ovbiously an excellent answer, i now fully understand why you appear to be overreacting in your own defense and overanalysing your own meta. That line there just explained everything so clearly.

Protip Pandar: Going "No u" is not an answer.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: December 09, 2009, 05:07:45 am »

You're trying to give me a protip? Please?

Now either go find a real reason to vote for me or go kill yourself or something, scumbucket.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: December 09, 2009, 06:26:12 am »

See what i mean?

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: December 09, 2009, 09:46:32 am »

Boksi rises and rubs his eyes. He slept well enough, but then when you're as apathetic as he is you'd sleep soundly if the Jabberwocky ate the rest of the village.

Panda, Neruz, calm down a little. You're having an argument with earplugs on and that won't do either of you any good.

Now, around 7 AM my time(ie GMT), Vector asked me, directly, what two players in this game I would pick as scumbuddies. It's a difficult question to answer, so let's rule out who I wouldn't want first.

Org, for being himself.
Redwarrior0, for the same reason, although his flaws are different.
Errol and Neruz both seem rather incompetent.

That leaves Vector, Panda, AN and Zai. Of those, AN is perhaps the least noticeable. Pandarsenic is very well known, so although he's skilled I think I shouldn't pick him. And out of all of them, I feel Zai to be the least skilled.

So my picks would be Vector and Apostolic Nihilist. Reasonably skilled and not too noticeable, although Vector does have more than his fair share of the limelight right now.

Or perhaps I'd pick Org and Apostolic Nihilist. It'd be less noticeable, being as Org is Org.

But right now, I have other concerns. Most likely, every townie is a vanilla townie. Therefore, the bastard mod part is figuring out how to have effects on the game. Or, perhaps we can't and have to rely on nothing but pure scumhunting. That would be rather bastardy, don't you think?
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: December 09, 2009, 10:51:34 am »

Vector/Pandarsenic: One (if not both) of you is scum, that's pretty clear.

Vector. You seriously didn't get an effect in a PM?

Pandarsenic. Why the complete aversion of flavortext? Use it more but avoid 'hammering' as I suppose we can call it.

It also concerns me that Vector asked for two scumbuddies as opposed to 1. We have 9 players in this game which means 2 scum, does it not? Otherwise we're at lylo right now.

6 town, 3 scum d1
*MISLYNCH*
4 town, 3 scum d2
*MISLYNCH*
2 town, 3 scum d3
*TOWN LOSE*

I'm quite sure we have 2 scum. That, or scum have some huge flaw that makes them ridiculously easy to catch.

Vector, try clobbering Pandarsenic in flavortext. I'd love to see just how italics affect you.

Oh, and Boksi: Zai is likely a good deal more skilled than I am. He's just been relatively silent this game, it seems.

I'll go through the thread again once I'm back from school in ~ 6 hours.

CobaltKobold: I'm voting Vector.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: December 09, 2009, 12:05:27 pm »

Zai has an avatar. It makes him more noticeable.

Anyway, it was just my opinion.

But what are people's opinions on my theory? Do you suppose we're all vanilla townies? The two dead people were vanilla townies, and I'm a vanilla townie, and most likely whoever is reading this is a vanilla townie unless he's scum, soooo...

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: December 09, 2009, 01:53:28 pm »

Vector/Pandarsenic: One (if not both) of you is scum, that's pretty clear.

Vector. You seriously didn't get an effect in a PM?

It also concerns me that Vector asked for two scumbuddies as opposed to 1. We have 9 players in this game which means 2 scum, does it not? Otherwise we're at lylo right now.

*rollseyes*

1. Didn't you learn your lesson from BMIII (vis-a-vis townfights)?

2. No, I gained no effects from a PM, but then most of the crap I wrote yesterday didn't directly refer to the game.  I'm going to be more direct today.

3. I asked for two scumbuddies, rather than one, because the thought process is different.  If you're scum and thinking about one scumbuddy, it's pretty easy.  You pick an advanced player who isn't your partner.  When you're picking two scumbuddies, the thought process tends to become more confused.  I wanted to see how Boksi thought when given a more intricate question.

Also, idea before I go about braining Pandarsenic:

"Apostolic Nihilist and Boksi," says Aureliusz Vektor.  "Can I offer you a mug of ale at Day's End?"

I am going to strongly request that both of you agree.  I think I'm right about Pandarsenic being scum, but I also think that I'm onto something.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: December 09, 2009, 02:46:23 pm »

BOKSI:

But what are people's opinions on my theory? Do you suppose we're all vanilla townies? The two dead people were vanilla townies, and I'm a vanilla townie, and most likely whoever is reading this is a vanilla townie unless he's scum, soooo...

I have a theory on that, which I'll answer after I find out what offering you people drinks does.

PANDARSENIC:

The kill "looking like one of mine" is B.S. and you know it.

It was a thought, based on going "Hmm, what are the possible advantages of this kill? Looks like it's more of a Pandarsenic-signature than an AN-signature, say.  Also, GRARGH WIFOM." 

It's not a mainstay of my argument.

Situational Meta and the run-on were the same thing, as far as I can tell.

Close.  One is that you had the run-on in the first place, which I take as a sign of nervousness.  The second is that we've had pretty much this precise conversation before in NSBM, which makes me think that our alignments match that situation.

I'm miffed/upset because you're tunneling on me while Neruz prances about practically proclaiming his scuminess and his fake-tunnel on me.

No worries, he's the next scummiest, in my opinion.  He's getting looked at next.

WIFOM-spreading: The only post you cited for that was an expression of frustration; I don't like not knowing what we're against. Plus we have all this crap in our PMs that cryptically mentions keywords, and I don't know what they do or if they're related to how the day ends or what.

That's because it was one of the three game-related posts you made: one randomvote, one WIFOM-spreader, and the answer to a question about how you'd play as scum.  When one-third of your posts seem heavily WIFOMed, I get suspicious.

Informationless posts: Mostly a function of me not knowing where to even start.

I'm not sure if I buy it or not.  None of the other Bastard Mods I've seen you in resulted in you acting like this.

Overreaction: Not really.

If you were a VT like the rest of us seem to be, then yes really.

Riding a random-vote: Well if I'd known RedWarrior0 was going to disappear and/or that the day was going to end, I'd have been able to do something more productive.

The day ran for a good long while.  It was even bumped due to inactivity.  You had more than enough time to come experiment and try something.

NERUZ:

This isn't even funny.  I don't know why you're acting like this, but please start contributing.

I'm not asking any questions because you haven't actually answered any.

Then start asking him questions so that he'll have something to answer.  Or maybe start scumhunting or experimenting... or SOMETHING.  Right now, it seems like you're trying to look like you're scumhunting, but you actually aren't.

COBALTKOBOLD:

(If WP is to be trusted, ðæt and þorn are interchangable.)

No, actually... or at least not initially (Beowulf's consonance-based verse construction doesn't work well with them being interchangeable).  If you're familiar with Arabic, þorn is associated with tha (), while ðæt is dhal ().  I.e., they are both different "th" sounds, but ðæt is the voiced dental fricative (as in "the" or "leather"), and þorn is the unvoiced (as in "theme" or "threnody").

I have entirely too much spare time.

Vektor looks at Old Crazy Neruz with a little bit of disdain.  Is that really a crossbow he's holding?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: December 09, 2009, 03:33:26 pm »

Don't forget Vector, you're not a confirmed townie. You sound townie, but I'm still not going to go with everything you say. Unless otherwise specified, I'll only drink if Apostolic Nihilist does not. If he drinks, I don't. It's not that I especially think you're scum, but I don't completely trust you.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: December 09, 2009, 03:50:08 pm »

Don't forget Vector, you're not a confirmed townie. You sound townie, but I'm still not going to go with everything you say. Unless otherwise specified, I'll only drink if Apostolic Nihilist does not. If he drinks, I don't. It's not that I especially think you're scum, but I don't completely trust you.

Of course, that makes perfect sense.  Hence the "strongly suggest."  Mostly, I want to find out what happens.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
Re: Ill Met By Moonlight Mafia:(BastardMaybeMod) Day 2
« Reply #161 on: December 09, 2009, 04:49:52 pm »

A small problem with hidden-triggered nights on forum is that twilight can come and nobody will notice until the mod comes back

All have posted. The day has ended. WIFOM is Awesome.

votes
Pandarsenic[2]
: Vector, Neruz
Vector[1]: Apostolic Nihilist
Neruz[1]: Pandarsenic

The remaining townspeople muscle Pandarsenic up to the noose, place it around his neck, and hang him until dead. He  struggles, and as the sun sets, his form changes, until what is hanging is not human...turns out he was a Werewolf. Is that it? is the town safe?

Pandarsenic has been lynched, and was textbook scum Alpha Werewolf!

Yes, I picked role assignments randomly.

Game Over!
Apostolic Nihilist, RW0, Neruz, Boksi, Errol, Zai, Org, Vector have won!

...The elements of this game are sufficiently undiscovered to run again, actually- only Pandarsenic couldn't play, due to hidden knowledge.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2009, 04:52:26 pm by CobaltKobold »
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: December 09, 2009, 04:52:48 pm »

At first, I thought that I'd rather you drink it, Boksi, but I'm not one to ask others to potentially sacrifice themselves.

I doubt it's deadly, as Vector wouldn't suggest it unless he was certain the both of us would die. Even then, he wouldn't do it this far from lylo... unless we're at lylo right now (a possibility, albeit unlikely).

If you were to die, Vector is going to be lynched, so we can assume you won't die or at the very least you won't die today. More likely, Vector's trying to figure out the game mechanics (or spread WIFOM, which he's doing an excellent job of); do multi-player actions require consent from both parties?

I don't have a choice. I'm drinking from the cup.

Apostolic nodded.
"Ale is always good."
At Vektor's suggestion, he made his way to Day's End; at the very least, the brewer had left his stocks mostly intact. One of the first to flee, too.

EDIT:
And I'm ninja'd!
By the mod, no less! And the game has been won!
Oh, what woe.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
Re: Ill Met By Moonlight Mafia:(BastardMaybeMod) Day 2: Game Over!
« Reply #163 on: December 09, 2009, 04:57:53 pm »

Vector: WP claims that they were used interchangably, in Eth:
In Old English, ð (referred to as ðæt by the Anglo-Saxons) was used interchangeably with þ (thorn) to represent either voiced or voiceless dental fricatives.
That's all I've got.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
Re: Ill Met By Moonlight Mafia:(BastardMaybeMod) Day 2: Game Over!
« Reply #164 on: December 09, 2009, 05:04:28 pm »

I don't care if the mechanic was glorious, I WANNA KNOW IT GODDAMMIT! Just cause.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14