Poll

Reveal Mechanic? (vote in thread)

Reveal (cannot run again)
- 0 (0%)
Hide (can run again)
- 1 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14

Author Topic: Ill Met By Moonlight Mafia:(BastardMaybeMod) Day 2: Game Over!  (Read 37330 times)

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
Re: Ill Met By Moonlight Mafia:(BastardMaybeMod) Day 1- Poor Mr. Pownsterson.
« Reply #105 on: December 08, 2009, 04:40:44 pm »

Hate to say this, but I need a replacement for this one. I'm in too many.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 08, 2009, 04:47:06 pm »

IM going to say this now. I dont like this game. Its getting too much like KWN Dak Edi

Look.

Either you can screw around and experiment with the flavortext, you can scumhunt, or you can do both.  As-is, you're doing absolutely nothing, which royally pisses me off.  You aren't scumhunting.  You aren't trying to break the game.  You're just sitting around complaining and saying that you're useful.

Give me one reason why we shouldn't lynch your face off.  You always look like scum; we don't lynch you because we've realized that it's largely stupid by now.  Why shouldn't we go back to treating you in a more logical fashion?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 08, 2009, 04:51:30 pm »

IM going to say this now. I dont like this game. Its getting too much like KWN Dak Edi

Look.

Either you can screw around and experiment with the flavortext, you can scumhunt, or you can do both.  As-is, you're doing absolutely nothing, which royally pisses me off.  You aren't scumhunting.  You aren't trying to break the game.  You're just sitting around complaining and saying that you're useful.

Give me one reason why we shouldn't lynch your face off.  You always look like scum; we don't lynch you because we've realized that it's largely stupid by now.  Why shouldn't we go back to treating you in a more logical fashion?
I dont like you attitude. Mafia is supposed to be fun. You are not helping, Vector

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 08, 2009, 05:03:49 pm »

I dont like you attitude. Mafia is supposed to be fun. You are not helping, Vector

I don't like your attitude.  Mafia is supposed to be fun, and you ruin the game for other people.  Is it really that fun to sit here and gripe about how this game annoys you and you don't like flavortext?  If you don't like it, why don't you ask for a replacement or play the game in a manner you prefer?  Sure, you'll have a better ranking this way, but who cares?  Is it really that much fun to post "Eating a ham sandwich?"  Do you truly enjoy getting yelled at?  Do you like making people angry?

Well, whatever.  I'm attempting to suggest alternatives to what you're currently doing that might be more fun for everyone involved.

Sure, vote me because you think my statements are inconvenient.  You're just digging yourself into a bigger hole.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 08, 2009, 05:06:18 pm »

I don't like your attitude.  Mafia is supposed to be fun, and you ruin the game for other people.  Is it really that fun to sit here and gripe about how this game annoys you and you don't like flavortext?  If you don't like it, why don't you ask for a replacement or play the game in a manner you prefer?  Sure, you'll have a better ranking this way, but who cares?  Is it really that much fun to post "Eating a ham sandwich?"  Do you truly enjoy getting yelled at?  Do you like making people angry?

Well, whatever.  I'm attempting to suggest alternatives to what you're currently doing that might be more fun for everyone involved.

Sure, vote me because you think my statements are inconvenient.  You're just digging yourself into a bigger hole.

Okay. I will dig a hole. A hole for YOUR GRAVE

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 08, 2009, 05:07:17 pm »

Okay. I will dig a hole. A hole for YOUR GRAVE

[/quote]

Start digging, bucko.

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 08, 2009, 05:16:14 pm »

Dear god, Org. Are you voting Vector for...  ruining your fun? I'm also not quite sure why you're so averse to flavortext. Italics don't even seem to have major effects.

Vector: Can you confirm whether or not you've experienced more than one effect due to flavor/italics? I'm trying to figure out whether it's a once-per-day thing or not. I'd love to know if there's some sort of system behind it.

**Gah, ninja'd thrice.**

I'm still leaning toward 'once per day'. Boksi, did you notice any effect (aside from the one posted in the thread)?
You should try another action, too.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 08, 2009, 05:26:48 pm »

Vector: Can you confirm whether or not you've experienced more than one effect due to flavor/italics? I'm trying to figure out whether it's a once-per-day thing or not. I'd love to know if there's some sort of system behind it.

I actually haven't experienced any effects thus far.  At the moment, I'm screwing around and hoping something comes up.

My guess is that we don't have any in-game effects from our meanderings.  What we get is information, though I'm not entirely certain what the connection between the sun and the alpha werewolf might be...

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 08, 2009, 05:42:19 pm »

(For example, one might think that my last post would turn me into a zombie.  I think it's more like close examination of our environment will get us some clues as to how to break the bastard mod.)

Vector examines the crowd for lupine features.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 08, 2009, 05:54:28 pm »

Vector has seen all these mugs at least once or twice. Nothing stands out among them. Funnily, he sees that the crowd is in the shape of a wolf! or is it a skull? Maybe a weird blob-shaped thing...

Unlike there, you are free to ignore the italics. As I said, no game effects. Mainly for fun. Scumhunting would be good too. (Para2 is a good example of how to balance them.)
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 08, 2009, 05:55:51 pm »

I wonder if we get penalties if we try doing things that our -characters- shouldn't know. E.g., examining the crowd for lupine features (I took a similar action); realistically, we don't even know that the werewolf is among us, after all.

Perhaps our italics have to fit some sort of rigid guidelines to have an effect?

I was going to suggest we try to 'lock everyone in a room' or 'tie everyone up', but the (story's) villagers would never agree to that, as it just makes them easier targets.

...perhaps I'm seriously overthinking this system. Probably best to treat it based off what we know so far as opposed to thinking up possibilities.

Clasping his hands, Apostolic Nihilist gazed up at the sky once again. The once piercing red dawn had long since faded. Returning his eyes to the crowd of rag-tag villagers before him, he began to take inventory of what (undoubtedly few) weapons they possessed. Preparedness was going to be key in surviving the night.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 08, 2009, 05:58:43 pm »

Neruz, with interesting I mean anything that would give us more hints. Perhaps even flavortext. Unvote.

Zai, why did you jump on a bandwagon?

Unvote RW0. Errol, you're a dumbass. Plain and simple. But longer explanation.

1) I've been voting RW0 for a while now, and you didn't say anything until now?  Are you blind? Or did you think I was the third person to vote for RW0 because there were already 2 people on him, and didn't check to see who those two were because you're lazy scum who wants an easy reason to vote? Me thinks the second, because ONE OF THOSE TWO WAS ME.

2) You unvoted Neruz even though you admit right before it that you aren't satisfied with what he's done. Why the hell is that? Lazy scum? Me thinks so, as that fits in quite nicely with point 1.

3) Reiterating something I said in point 1 as its own point: You're going for an easy vote. Since I was the "third" person to vote for RW0, you could get away easily with a vote for me due to the classic hit-or-miss "scumtell" of being the 3rd person on a bandwagon. But I wasn't the 3rd person, and even if I had been, I had used my second vote to grab RW0's attention so that he would see I asked him a question and not gloss over it.

"But," you'd say, "RW0 didn't answer your question. You're a hypocrite. lololol ignore my failscum." You're right; he didn't. But I've got something more solid on you than I have on him. And what I have on him is a hell of a lot more solid than what you "have" on me.

Burn in hell, Lazy Lycanthrope.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 08, 2009, 06:01:52 pm »

Zai... where, precisely, did he say anything about the third vote scumtell?  The second vote can also be a bandwagon vote, no?

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 08, 2009, 06:02:39 pm »

I got no noticeable effects, although it's possible that whatever it is, it'll only take effect during twilight, or the night, or maybe even the next day.

Or it could just merely be information.

I'm thinking the night may reveal a lot. Or it might not. Of course, we don't even know how to bring this day to an end, so...
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 08, 2009, 06:08:31 pm »

Well AN, my logic was simple: Silver is super-effective against werewolves. Therefore, get as much silver as possible and try to make some weapons if we can. Seems like we can't, unfortunately, but oh well. It was worth a try. It's not my fault the GM is railroading us.
Aureliusz Vector looks nervously over his shoulder.  He has seen starvation, plague, massacre.  Everyone he has ever loved lies buried far away in the chilly bowels of the earth.  He has little left to live for--just the weak flicker of hope that life will improve, that some day he will have good reason to continue.  He lives in that flicker twixt light and darkness, and has lost all attachment to or terror of either extreme.  He is a dead man who hopes and wonders and prays.

Despite all this, he fears the wolves.

Apologies to Joseph Conrad.  Probably also to Victor Hugo.

(Close enough. Words need not be in Middle English, or spelling would be horrifically inconsistent, and I'd say, "Rede þe boke". Periodicity is really more a matter of "no gunpowder no steam")

(..."Why is cursing"?)

"Why am I so cursed?"  Ahhh, what a whiner...

Yeah, Google Translator is special.  I figured I might as well give myself a first name this time around, especially since "Vektor" sounds like it could be vaguely Polish.  If you really, really tried to make it sound Polish.  And... come on... who can deny the attractiveness of the sound sz?  Or vaguely symbolic first names.  No, it was irresistible. 

I thank you for not making me use eð and þorn, because seriously... hurgh.  I think, though, that it would be "rede ðe boke," given that eð is the voiced form of the fricative?

[/linguistic snobbery]

Errol, I don't like the coincidence.  I also don't like the fact that you're bringing that up as an afterthought, as though a scumbuddy told you that you've got a good excuse.  Why not bring that up earlier, when I showed you the two posts together and how bad they looked?  Why mention your purported reasons for voting, rather than address my actual statement... and suddenly come up to answer it now?  No, I don't like it at all.
(cut for length)
Need to pay closer attention, I do.

Three howls over the wood send chills down your spine.

(If WP is to be trusted, ðæt and þorn are interchangable.)

I wonder if we get penalties if we try doing things that our -characters- shouldn't know. E.g., examining the crowd for lupine features (I took a similar action); realistically, we don't even know that the werewolf is among us, after all.

Perhaps our italics have to fit some sort of rigid guidelines to have an effect?

I was going to suggest we try to 'lock everyone in a room' or 'tie everyone up', but the (story's) villagers would never agree to that, as it just makes them easier targets.

...perhaps I'm seriously overthinking this system. Probably best to treat it based off what we know so far as opposed to thinking up possibilities.

Clasping his hands, Apostolic Nihilist gazed up at the sky once again. The once piercing red dawn had long since faded. Returning his eyes to the crowd of rag-tag villagers before him, he began to take inventory of what (undoubtedly few) weapons they possessed. Preparedness was going to be key in surviving the night.

(snip)
Burn in hell, Lazy Lycanthrope.
...Make that five howls.

I got no noticeable effects, although it's possible that whatever it is, it'll only take effect during twilight, or the night, or maybe even the next day.

Or it could just merely be information.

I'm thinking the night may reveal a lot. Or it might not. Of course, we don't even know how to bring this day to an end, so...
Night has, amusingly, fallen. It is now Twilight.

Apostolic Nihilist notices the villagers have brought some farm implements, as well as torches, since it seems they're to be out until nightfall. They clutch them tightly, something solid to hold on to.

Votes Tally
Errol[2]Vector,Zai
RedWarrior0[1]Pandarsenic
Vector[1]Org
Boksi[1]Neruz
Org[1]Apostolic Nihilist
Apostolic Nihilist[1]RedWarrior0
Zai[1]Errol
Neruz
Pandarsenic
Report errors if any while I write lynchflavor.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14