Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 26

Author Topic: Don't Out Guess the Mod Mafia 2 [Game Over: Mod Loses]  (Read 23667 times)

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
Re: Don't Out Guess the Mod Mafia 2 [Day 1: What's in a name...]
« Reply #105 on: November 14, 2009, 12:38:21 am »

Probably Mafia.. scum in any case.  I don't believe he received a letter.
How do you know someone else isn't faking it? Why just EK? 'Cause he didn't seem to know what you were talking about when you were requesting letters?
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 14, 2009, 12:54:37 am »

This is interesting.  I wish to run an experiment.

Org.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 14, 2009, 04:27:34 am »

So we now have SRGEZCVLNA.  No anagrams found, unfortunately.

Perhaps the word is in Polish?

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #108 on: November 14, 2009, 05:44:49 am »

I have a M. Hmm... maybe this could be related to our roles? For instane, I could be a Miller.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 14, 2009, 08:00:47 am »

C.

Uh... coward?

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 14, 2009, 08:34:34 am »

R is my letter.

Zchris. How you're acting is pretty much the reason I hate playing a game with Org (I hadn't noticed Org had joined; had I noticed, I would've opted out). You "don't" know what's going on. You post spam. You don't post content (this one's more Org than you right now, as you haven't really had much of a chance to post content yet). Please actually post clear sentences instead of just one word posts and spam. If people ask you questions, you answer them.

ZCHRIS13: Was 'AN' your letter...s following the commonly shared role? As in. '[Word] AN' being your role. [Word] being a word that I want you to share with us, as I think you might not know it, due to being scum. So please share your full role name, because I think I might be onto something here. If anyone else says the word, they are scum.
I do hope you know that if you do that, I will sign up for every mafia game just so you wont play. Now Ill say this once:Stop bitching about it. Seriously? I play how I can, and given how much time I have somedays, id say it isnt bad getting in a few posts, no matter how little quality they are, because its better than not posting at all.

This is interesting.  I wish to run an experiment.

Org.
Why are you voting for me?  Zai... he is just being an idiot and voting me because he doesnt like me and not for any game reason. But why are you voting me?

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 14, 2009, 09:06:29 am »

Probably Mafia.. scum in any case.  I don't believe he received a letter.
How do you know someone else isn't faking it? Why just EK? 'Cause he didn't seem to know what you were talking about when you were requesting letters?

The action offers negative results, not positive.

If a person claimed a letter, it's a null tell since they could've just realized something was wrong.

However, while others took one look at their PM and one look at my question and went "OH!!" (whether they were town or mafia), ExKirby went "don't see anything".

It's sort of like if I talked to 5 friends IRL and casually said "you look scummy."  4 of them immediately said "I'm voting for them" or "lynch em" or "State your reasons!".  Some may not have played mafia but caught on quick (the last statement might not have anything to do with mafia). 

However, if the 5th person went "Does he have something on his face?" then it's a good bet that the 5th person hasn't played mafia and you can then see if he spent all that non-mafia playing time learning to fly.

Of course, you'll have to use other methods to see who was lying, but someone will be killed off in the night so your job is a little easier.  It gets very easy when one person whines "OMG you killed him!  You really killed him!" because clearly that person never played either (I mean duhhh that's what happens at night).

It's much harder when you have a larger group since the folks who havn't played catch on quick.  A few gun-toting Vigs can help with that though.

...oh sorry, got a little off topic there I think.
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 14, 2009, 09:29:18 am »

I see what dakarian means though.  The most common example is in dethy.  If, when you MC, one person doesn't submit anything, and only does so when the gametype is explained, it's pretty obvious that they're scum.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 14, 2009, 10:49:55 am »

I'm pretty sure, since I have a Z, that our letter is not our role.

However, I think Dakarian has it for ExKirby. Unless ExKirby is a Jester. Or unless we have to die in alphabetical order or something.

DAMN YOU WEBADICT
DAMN YOUUUUU
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 14, 2009, 11:09:54 am »

There's a trick with it, I believe.

All of the letters have a purpose.  Either they combine into something or there's a pattern between the letters and ourselves. 
I KNEW IT!

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 14, 2009, 11:19:54 am »

Now that we have all of the claims, I might as well calm on ExKirby for a second.  Unvote

@mod Vote count please

Under general rules, mafia would have 2 members with our size.  We don't know if they had been given letters or if they guessed.  Based on the last game, there's someone(s) who's trying to manipulate events to get us to the wrong conclusion.  As such, there's a trick to this that, when found, means the difference between winning and losing.

Yes, putting down the obvious helps me think, so hush.  No, it doesn't work if I erase it :P

For now, everyone-and I mean EVERYONE-get to experimenting with the letters, and post your results, even if they fail.  If you can't think of anything, COME UP WITH SOMETHING.  Simply tagging along is unacceptable here and also scummy and we don't HAVE to figure out any puzzle if you are scummy enough to get lynched anyway.

I KNEW IT!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 14, 2009, 11:21:50 am »

What if it's something as simple as "If you have a vowel, you're scum"?  Certainly seems kinda bastardish towards the scum (who would be Mr.Person and zchris if this is true) :P.

I'll think of some better ideas now.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 14, 2009, 11:31:11 am »

I was also thinking this could have something to do with numerology... I'll run some tests later.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 14, 2009, 11:43:21 am »

One thing I don't like about that:  If the scum fake their letter there's NO way to read them. 

I'm pondering if it's a pattern that works with town but fails with mafia, and something that would be HARD for the mafia to guess before we all MCed.

As far as experiments:

I ran a check to see what players hold letters that form part of their own name.

Mr.Person (E) and Vector (V)  both fit that.
I KNEW IT!

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 14, 2009, 12:09:25 pm »

Popping in from my deathtrap-assembly to remind you all of the obvious:

The letters do mean something. This is Bastard Mod.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 26