Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Would you be interested in different breeds of Sukusuku Hakutakus? (please reffer to post #330 [AKA page 23])

Yes, give us more animals!
- 23 (92%)
No, I rather take it easy!
- 2 (8%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33

Author Topic: Suika Fortress V0.7.5 - Back, but also not quite  (Read 128922 times)

Totaku

• Bay Watcher
  • The little oni that strikes the earth
    • View Profile

Ok thankfully someone was kind enough to send me an older file so I was able to track down and put an end to the issue at hand.

What I uncovered turned out to be shockingly simple.....

The Mofuling's Semi Megabeast tag conflicted with the population number and cluster numbers within the same tag causing conflicts.... resulting in very strange and twisted events to unfold.

Some of them included:
Seiga partaking in cannibalism
Keine eating children...
The mongoose becoming the most feared creature in the world...
And a few yukkuri gaining megabeast positions.

And finally.... massive crashing 9 times out of 10.

Anyways, I'm going to re-release the RC as RC 2. So please wait a few minutes since I'll be busy doing to last minute tweaking....

Edit: Scratch that, the Mofuling is still triggering crashing at ridiculous levels... gonna have to toss it out....
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 07:15:22 am by Totaku »
That's one small step for man, one giant leap for Otakukind!

And maker of the mod in progress known as Suika Fortress Now for 0.34.xx!

Totaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Suika Fortress 0.7.5 RC2 Update
PC Version
Mac Version

This was a bit of a ridiculous incident here. Apperently having a panda like creature that can be shaved and eats bamboo does sad things to your world gen. Completely bugging it to hell and back... so I have to drop it. Good bye Mofuling you will be missed....

But anyways it'll be two more days from today (since I'll be posting at Midnight) before we begin sign ups.

At least you now have a functioning version of the game with no werid complications. So all is good....I think....

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile

Panda-like creature that can be shaved and eats bamboo...

Does it have to eat bamboo?
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

Totaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Panda-like creature that can be shaved and eats bamboo...

Does it have to eat bamboo?

Well considering who it is based upon of and creature of origin I wanted to base it on, yes.

I wanted to aim to make the mofu-ling a hard to maintain creature. It's fur being highly valuable if you can tame it, but also hard to maintain since you have to make sure it stays well fed on a steady supply of bamboo. :P

But since I couldn't get this terrifying ball of cuteness to work the way I wanted it to it's been thrown to the cutting room floor for now. I'll probably look back on it, but I know for sure that this creature is responsible for the terrible bugs that almost made the entire mod unplayable.

As of this point, I need to wrap everything up and get everything ready for the big day (July 15th) so today, I'm doing fort testing runs, and writing up a txt file on what's what in Suika Fortress (under a request from someone on the MotK board), and finally write up the draft for the thread I'm preparing to put together in the Community Game Section. So yeah I don't have much time left under my belt and I like to get these things done, so I'm going to just put the Mofuling to the side for now and deal with it after the Yearly Challenge.

Course if someone here knows the answer to why it breaks world gen, feel free to play around with the code for the thing since it's been responsible for a load of problems....

Code: [Select]
[CREATURE:MOFULING]
[DESCRIPTION:A extremely large panda-like creature with an extremely fluffy coat of black and white hair. It looks extremely cute in it's appearance and ware a hat that resembles one that is worn by a certain door guard. It feeds on bamboo forests, bit it can also be very dangerous...]
[NAME:mofuling:mofulings:mofuling]
[CASTE_NAME:mofuling:mofulings:mofuling]
[CHILD:1][GENERAL_CHILD_NAME:mofuling cub:mofuling cubs]
[CREATURE_TILE:'M'][COLOR:7:0:1]
[PETVALUE:300]
[PET]
[SEMIMEGABEAST]
[NATURAL]
[GRAZER:462]
[SPECIFIC_FOOD:PLANT:BAMBOO, ARROW]
[SPECIFIC_FOOD:PLANT:BAMBOO, GOLDEN]
[SPECIFIC_FOOD:PLANT:BAMBOO, HEDGE]
[BIOME:ANY_TEMPERATE_FOREST]
[GRASSTRAMPLE:0]
[MEANDERER]
[PREFSTRING:striking coloration]
[PREFSTRING:big fluffy heads and bellies]
[PREFSTRING:lazy nature]
[BODY:QUADRUPED:TAIL:2EYES:2EARS:NOSE:2LUNGS:HEART:GUTS:ORGANS:THROAT:NECK:SPINE:BRAIN:SKULL:5TOES_FQ_REG:5TOES_RQ_REG:MOUTH:TONGUE:GENERIC_TEETH_WITH_LARGE_EYE_TEETH:RIBCAGE]
[BODYGLOSS:PAW]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:STANDARD_MATERIALS]
[SELECT_MATERIAL:HAIR]
[STATE_NAME:ALL_SOLID:wool]
[STATE_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:wool]
[YARN]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:STANDARD_TISSUES]
[SELECT_TISSUE:HAIR]
[TISSUE_NAME:wool:NP]
[INSULATION:200]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:VERTEBRATE_TISSUE_LAYERS:SKIN:FAT:MUSCLE:BONE:CARTILAGE]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:BODY_HAIR_TISSUE_LAYERS:HAIR]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:NAIL:NAIL_TEMPLATE]
[USE_TISSUE_TEMPLATE:NAIL:NAIL_TEMPLATE]
[TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:TOE:NAIL:FRONT]
[SELECT_TISSUE_LAYER:HEART:BY_CATEGORY:HEART]
[PLUS_TISSUE_LAYER:SKIN:BY_CATEGORY:THROAT]
[TL_MAJOR_ARTERIES]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:STANDARD_HEAD_POSITIONS]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:HUMANOID_RIBCAGE_POSITIONS]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:SINEW:SINEW_TEMPLATE]
[TENDONS:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:SINEW:200]
[LIGAMENTS:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:SINEW:200]
[HAS_NERVES]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:BLOOD:BLOOD_TEMPLATE]
[BLOOD:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:BLOOD:LIQUID]
[CREATURE_CLASS:GENERAL_POISON]
[GETS_WOUND_INFECTIONS]
[GETS_INFECTIONS_FROM_ROT]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:PUS:PUS_TEMPLATE]
[PUS:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:PUS:LIQUID]
[BODY_SIZE:0:0:650] small!
[BODY_SIZE:1:0:325000]
[BODY_SIZE:2:0:650000]
[BODY_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:LENGTH:90:95:98:100:102:105:110]
[BODY_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:HEIGHT:90:95:98:100:102:105:110]
[BODY_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:BROADNESS:90:95:98:100:102:105:110]
[MAXAGE:20:30]
[ATTACK:BITE:CHILD_BODYPART_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:HEAD:BY_CATEGORY:TOOTH]
[ATTACK_SKILL:BITE]
[ATTACK_VERB:bite:bites]
[ATTACK_CONTACT_PERC:100]
[ATTACK_PENETRATION_PERC:100]
[ATTACK_FLAG_EDGE]
[ATTACK_PRIORITY:MAIN]
[ATTACK_FLAG_CANLATCH]
[ATTACK:SCRATCH:CHILD_TISSUE_LAYER_GROUP:BY_TYPE:STANCE:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:NAIL]
[ATTACK_SKILL:GRASP_STRIKE]
[ATTACK_VERB:scratch:scratches]
[ATTACK_CONTACT_PERC:100]
[ATTACK_PENETRATION_PERC:100]
[ATTACK_FLAG_EDGE]
[ATTACK_PRIORITY:SECOND]
[CREPUSCULAR][NOCTURNAL]
[HOMEOTHERM:10067]
[SWIMS_INNATE][SWIM_SPEED:2500]
[MUNDANE]
[CASTE:FEMALE]
[FEMALE]
[CASTE:MALE]
[MALE]
[SELECT_CASTE:ALL]
[SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:HEAD:HAIR]
[TL_COLOR_MODIFIER:BLACK:1]
[TLCM_NOUN:hair around the eyes:SINGULAR]
[SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:EAR:HAIR]
[TLCM_NOUN:ears:PLURAL]
[SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:LEG_FRONT:HAIR]
[PLUS_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:LEG_REAR:HAIR]
[PLUS_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:FOOT_FRONT:HAIR]
[PLUS_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:FOOT_REAR:HAIR]
[PLUS_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:TOE:HAIR]
[TLCM_NOUN:legs:PLURAL]
[SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:BODY_UPPER:HAIR]
[TLCM_NOUN:upper body:SINGULAR]
[SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:HEAD:HAIR]
[PLUS_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:BODY_LOWER:HAIR]
[PLUS_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:TAIL:HAIR]
[TL_COLOR_MODIFIER:WHITE:1]
[TLCM_NOUN:other hair:SINGULAR]
[SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:SKIN]
[TL_COLOR_MODIFIER:PINK:1] gray under the black parts I guess, but don't want to spoil descriptions with that
[TLCM_NOUN:skin:SINGULAR]
[SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:EYE:EYE]
[TL_COLOR_MODIFIER:IRIS_EYE_BROWN:1] have seen various musings on this, but don't have anything solid, and no good pics
[TLCM_NOUN:eyes:PLURAL]
[SELECT_MATERIAL:ALL]
[MULTIPLY_VALUE:2]

Anyways, off to wrapping things up!

Totaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

In a short fort run I did today, I found a few small sprite related errors that need fixing. But other than that, I'm pretty much now typing up what I'm going to put together for the upcoming game. And will be posting it sometime between 12midnight 1 AM Central time, or if worse case scenario happens and I'm too tired after work... then sometime in the morning.

Either way, I want to remind you to get yourself ready to Suika Fortress as of tomorrow!

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think I may have found the problem.

Creature that have [SEMIMEGABEAST] need a lair, so they don't have an associated biome. This is to say they live in a cave or shrine or something like that. The problem is either there's a conflict between [SEMIMEGABEAST] and the [BIOME:ANY_TEMPERATE_FOREST] tags, or [SEMIMEGABEAST] and [GRAZER] have conflicts, and these crash your worldgens. Most semimegabeasts and megabeasts have [BIOME:ANY_LAND] and I haven't seen any that graze thus far, even in mods.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 02:14:58 pm by CaptainArchmage »
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

Totaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Creature that have [SEMIMEGABEAST] need a lair, so they don't have an associated biome. This is to say they live in a cave or shrine or something like that. The problem is either there's a conflict between [SEMIMEGABEAST] and the [BIOME:ANY_TEMPERATE_FOREST] tags, or [SEMIMEGABEAST] and [GRAZER] have conflicts, and these crash your worldgens. Most semimegabeasts and megabeasts have [BIOME:ANY_LAND] and I haven't seen any that graze thus far, even in mods.

I went and tried that, and I even removed the megabeast tag just as another step of procaution and put in a population number and cluster number.. But werd stuff still happens like certain characters acting like cannibals ect....

I think something got borked in the Mofuling's file in general, not sure what it is or what tag would be, but I guess if I dare decide to put it back in I'll have to put in it completely manual. Piece by piece.

I'll worry about it some other time. A silly panda like creature doesn't really matter much, it was a request idea anyways. Soon I will be heading to work so I'll following when I return from work is when I'll launch the thread and released 0.7.5.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I went and tried that, and I even removed the megabeast tag just as another step of procaution and put in a population number and cluster number.. But werd stuff still happens like certain characters acting like cannibals ect....

I think something got borked in the Mofuling's file in general, not sure what it is or what tag would be, but I guess if I dare decide to put it back in I'll have to put in it completely manual. Piece by piece.

I'll worry about it some other time. A silly panda like creature doesn't really matter much, it was a request idea anyways. Soon I will be heading to work so I'll following when I return from work is when I'll launch the thread and released 0.7.5.

Just to let you know, you haven't put in the tags to let the creatures breed yet. Maybe the [MUNDANE] tag messes up something?

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile

The panda works for me, gave my test world 800 caves, 800 semimegebeast cap, and its at year 285 and still running.

Possibly the problem just only occurs rarely, or it is something that only comes about only in combination with the rest of your mod (I tested on a mostly unmodded game).

Things that look like they may cause trouble would be maxage without breeding, the lack of a lair, and the previously mentioned mundane tag.

Edit: Checking legends reveals that they all die around year 20 of old age. Might realy want to remove that maxage tag.

Edited edit: Removing maxage and then testing does crash the world around year 150.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 12:04:43 am by Grimlocke »
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

Totaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Suika Fortress V0.7.5 - Cross forum game has begun!
« Reply #459 on: July 15, 2012, 01:27:54 am »

Mmm maybe that might something to do with it..... weird..... Oh well can't work on that till later... But for now I have come with an announcement!

This one did some very small changes that mainly invovled two sprite updates.... that's it.... the game is now pretty much set for the Suika Fortress Yearly Challenge! The game has offically started over at the bay 12 community board!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113299.0

So as of this point.... Let's get Suika Fortress and start by signing up!

Ult1mara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Ult1mara's Let's Plays and reviews
« Reply #460 on: August 14, 2012, 05:44:34 pm »

Sorry I havent uploaded anything in a long time I have been a little busy with ma child and I found the game Gnomoria .... which is still nothing compared to DF

But here is episode 7 of my LP for this mod http://youtu.be/nOTPIUom-4c

Tell me what u think. Be honest about it ^_^. Also I shall try and start recording again soon just trying to get rid of ma back log atm
The local scottish drunken dwarf
Dwarf Fortress Mod Reviews
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=84405.0

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
  • Horrors! Crundles in the caverns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: August 15, 2012, 09:36:30 pm »

*hits head on table*

I haven't done anything in forever! It's depressing. So here is Komachi.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

and Nitori

and murasa

The last bit is physics! It would explain how a yukkuri is able to swim well, since they probably don't have lungs (don't know about in-game stuff though). They have neutral buoyancy :P

Finally, it's Iku. That should be it for aquatic stuff :D

My wooden badge was delicious.

Ult1mara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Ult1mara's Let's Plays and reviews
« Reply #462 on: August 16, 2012, 05:18:55 pm »

I would love to be back on the OP ^_^ lol <3
The local scottish drunken dwarf
Dwarf Fortress Mod Reviews
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=84405.0

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
  • !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! Come smell the ashes
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: August 22, 2012, 04:36:07 pm »

By the way, could you perhaps add melons as above ground plants? While it wouldn't make much difference gamewise but it should be pretty easy to add and would be a funny little detail.
Suika farming suika.
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

krisslanza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: August 22, 2012, 05:28:23 pm »

By the way, could you perhaps add melons as above ground plants? While it wouldn't make much difference gamewise but it should be pretty easy to add and would be a funny little detail.
Suika farming suika.

That's a funny idea.
*Makes note of it for project*

I wonder if Tokatu is still around, haven't heard anything in a while.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33