Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Would you be interested in different breeds of Sukusuku Hakutakus? (please reffer to post #330 [AKA page 23])

Yes, give us more animals!
- 23 (92%)
No, I rather take it easy!
- 2 (8%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 33

Author Topic: Suika Fortress V0.7.5 - Back, but also not quite  (Read 128962 times)

Totaku

• Bay Watcher
  • The little oni that strikes the earth
    • View Profile

Does everything in this have the ability to use fireballs and dragonfire? Because otherwise it's not touhou.
If "everything" had dragonbreath and fireballs, it would cause forest fires. I don't recall danmaku causing forest fires in any Touhou game. Otherwise Marisa, Rinnosuke, and Alice would to relocate.(heck many others when you think about it.)

But I will let you know three things.

1. No, not everything can breath fire or shoot fire balls or use some form of breath attacks. Yukkuris are one example of creature that don't normally do that. Some do, but not all of them.

2. I will inform you that more important creatures like Giant Catfish, kedamas, faries, and some of the actual Touhou characters... do have breath attacks that do cause effects or damage. So I did keep the importance of trying to stay somewhat to the Touhou route in mind, but I want to make sure it maintains it's functionability like DF does.

3. Alot of characters may not make the cut till many years down the road because I'm waiting for magic to exsist some more and hopfully have alot of wonderful customizations to it. I think I explained why some time ago. Thankfully the birth of Necromancry, undead, and were creatures have allowed me to finally allow character like Seiga Kaku, Yoshika Miyako, and Keine (This one is a maybe) into the game.
That's one small step for man, one giant leap for Otakukind!

And maker of the mod in progress known as Suika Fortress Now for 0.34.xx!

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile

If we wanted forest fires Totaku would implement cigarette butts.

Ult1mara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Ult1mara's Let's Plays and reviews

Episode 5 of my LP for this mod is now up and running if anyone is interested in watching it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBCrjYBJeYY&feature=youtu.be

P.S. Sorry If i destroy pronounceations
The local scottish drunken dwarf
Dwarf Fortress Mod Reviews
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=84405.0

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Does everything in this have the ability to use fireballs and dragonfire? Because otherwise it's not touhou.
You mean "does everything have the ability to shoot projectiles, be they ordinary rocks or kunai, through interactions?" like this:

Code: [Select]
[CAN_DO_INTERACTION:MATERIAL_EMISSION]
[CDI:ADV_NAME:Throw rock]
[CDI:USAGE_HINT:ATTACK]
[CDI:BP_REQUIRED:BY_CATEGORY:MOUTH]
[CDI:MATERIAL:INORGANIC:RIGID_ROCK:SOLID_GLOB]
[CDI:VERB:throw a rock:throws a rock:NA]
[CDI:TARGET:C:LINE_OF_SIGHT]
[CDI:TARGET_RANGE:C:15]
[CDI:MAX_TARGET_NUMBER:C:1]
[CDI:WAIT_PERIOD:30]
[NATURAL_SKILL:THROW:3]

Incidentally, you're thinking that everything in Touhou must obey the spellcard duelling rules. The games certainly revolve around them but that certainly isn't an essential trait for a Touhou doujin/spinoff creation.
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

Ult1mara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Ult1mara's Let's Plays and reviews

Next episode for my LP of this mod

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzD-t1DFbLo
The local scottish drunken dwarf
Dwarf Fortress Mod Reviews
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=84405.0

Rinnosuke

• Bay Watcher
  • Mister Mannosuke
    • View Profile

Did this place die while i was away?

Totaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No, It's not dead as of yet. I'm just REALLY BUSY. Remember when I said before hand I was drawing stuff? Well I basiclly got heavily invovled in it now. So there might be a delay for a bit. I apalogize for it.

I will point out though that once I get done drawing I will try to push this project forward. Especially once the minecarts and new hauling system is in place. Personally I'm waiting for this before I really take action with Suika Fortress. But I will try to get to working on this ASAP.

I'll give you as hint....

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 03:53:55 pm by Totaku »

Totaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Guess who's back from the dead folks?

You modder has finally finshed his drawing project. And apperently it's more time consuming that I had invisionsed... I'm way out of practice....

Anyways... I come to tell you I will begin work on Suika Fortress as of today! And I have a lot of work to compete by the dead line.

The dead line I have set for? Mid or Late July?

Why?

Because I'm fixing to hold a Suika Fortress commuinty game that I generally hold yearly at the Maiden of the Kaleidoscope forum! But here's the catch regarding the community game....

This time, I'm wanting Bay12 gamers to be involved in it as well!

The project I'm doing?

The MotK / Bay12 Suika Fortress cross forum community game project!

But to make it happen I HAVE to get the mod done on time! So I have no time to waste!

As for now I'm going to leave this here.... (Yes this is what I was working on, and I had no idea I'd take FOREVER to do it, also no it's not the enitre picture, there's more to it too)

It's a good hint of what's to come within the next few updates...

My idea was to create a series of promotional art pieces, but as I learned, my life and my art don't mix well together..... ;_; This is taking too long but I thankully got the parts I want done ready.... I was going to do some others, but I'm going to have to can them and the promotional poster, cause it'll take too long....

So starting today I'll be working on the animals and stuff like I mentioned sometime ago.

I will keep you posted....

Oh another thing came to my mind:

Recently someone suggested adding in actual watermelons into the game. Which is funny in a way since Suika's name can also mean this too. But I found out there are watermelon flavored beer too! So if I consider adding in water melon, it'll be most likley an above ground crop.

Course I want your feedback on this idea too cause I want to consider it, but I like to know if you think it be fun to grow watermelons in your forterss....
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 12:17:23 pm by Totaku »

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile

Worse than standard necromancers and zombies? ..Curvy lasers?

By the way, is there a version without graphics?
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 12:58:16 pm by jaxy15 »
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

highzealot

• Bay Watcher
  • BEER FOR THE WOLF LORD...?
    • View Profile
    • YouTube

Worse than standard necros and zombies? Necromancers and zombies that spam projectiles at you?
Quote from: Corvidae
So here I am, logging into the Bay12 Forums.  I'm not sure whether to feel happy about this, or sullenly admit the loss of what little remained of my soul after all of this Fun.  So much Fun.  So, so much Fun.  <shudders>
First things first.  You're all soulless husks of what might have once been decent human beings, drafted into a sort of moral apartheid from your better natures in the pursuit of things made out of cute animals.  I love it.

Totaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Worse than standard necromancers and zombies? ..Curvy lasers?

By the way, is there a version without graphics?

Curvy lasers, oh do I wish. To be honest, I'm still waiting for magic so I can do stuff like that (hopfully) But I might add something to make this one a little different. Course the zombies don't do curvy lasers the last time I check.. the "zombie" I was thinking about would throw kunai at you. :V

A version without graphics.... To be honest I haven't made one without graphics. If you mean the simple vanilla sprites, I may look into that eventually, but for now the graphic mod is the only thing out there at the moment.

Worse than standard necros and zombies? Necromancers and zombies that spam projectiles at you?

Now your getting warmer. XD

Anyways, I've looked over the stuff from my last update and the stuff from the most recent update. I got a boat load of work ahead for me....

One thing I've decided to do was look over the sprites people have made while I was out. I'm planning on trying to contact a few to get the greenlight to use their sprites so save me time so I can work on the more grueling parts. My own sprite overhaul, and adjusting everything and adding in what is necessary. I'm want to get the animals and the content set for the deadline and in order to do so I'll be trying to work on them as soon as possible.

Also I'm playing through the current DF mod to determine if any other changes need to be made as well....

Messages sent, awaiting replies...

Mike Mayday contacted, new main tileset can be used.
Kafine's thread located, sprites are open for use will give proper credit.

2 down / 2 to go!
Awaiting others....
« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 04:36:44 am by Totaku »

Totaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ok, at the moment, I'm currently working on some of the animals from the bird family and aquatic family.

As mentioned before right now I'm using Kafine's sprite sheet from her thread which was made clear in her thread that she allowed anyone to use them if they wished. So I'm going to go ahead and use them and give them the credit for most of her animals. Also I'm using a few sprites from NW_Kohaku. At the moment, Kohaku's remain in the grey zone, because I haven't gotten a message from him yet, but I think he'll be fine with them as well once he comes on and gets my message. But yeah, I'm working on animal people and zombie varation of some critters as well. I'll be trying to cover all the grounds here since I see people tend to overlook these variations.

I probably won't do too many giant variations though, since in a way those don't too much different for some animals. But yeah, for right now, progress is go smoothly. And hopfully will continue that way....

PS. Got the Green light from the Phobus though he claims he didn't make most of the sprites... well I guess I'll still have to track down who did them....ok found them. Sphr, ok credit her for the work of the Bonobo sprites and other various animals.....
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 06:02:06 pm by Totaku »

Rinnosuke

• Bay Watcher
  • Mister Mannosuke
    • View Profile

Yes its back and so am i. Was busy with my exams but they are done now

Totaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

OK updating again...

Managed to contact and/ or locate all the individuals except NW Kohaku. I also found Sphr who was responsible for some early sprite releated stuff. Since I do not know wether or not Sphr still comes to the forum or not. (He been inactive for 8 months here, sent a PM regardless) But I'll give credit for the work regardless and if any complications come up I'll settle it whenever I get the chance..

In the mean time.... still working through the birds. Finished up some of the smaller and flightless birds (and still waiting for KW_Kohaku...) Slow going, but otherwise progress is coming along....

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
  • Horrors! Crundles in the caverns!
    • View Profile

This mod is awesome and it actually motivated my friend to start playing Dwarf Fortress "because it is now a touhou fangame instead of a confusing ascii mess so it's ok"  :o

And I have two problems/suggestions/stuff!!
- Me and my buddy wanted to make our favorite touhous (yukkogasa and rankkuri respectively) tameable by adding [PET] and [COMMON_DOMESTIC] to them, but they never showed up on new embarks... am I stupid or is this remarkable in some way? To clear this up, this is not a suggestion, but a failed attempt at modding a mod :P
- You should replace ravens (normal ravens anyway) with Utsutoris because Utsuho is already taken :P
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 09:59:00 am by GoombaGeek »
My wooden badge was delicious.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 33