Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Would you be interested in different breeds of Sukusuku Hakutakus? (please reffer to post #330 [AKA page 23])

Yes, give us more animals!
- 23 (92%)
No, I rather take it easy!
- 2 (8%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 33

Author Topic: Suika Fortress V0.7.5 - Back, but also not quite  (Read 129031 times)

Totaku

• Bay Watcher
  • The little oni that strikes the earth
    • View Profile

Ok since 0.34.02 is coming out tomorrow. I'm going to hold off on any action regarding transfering till the release comes out since it fixes several vital things.

In the meantime though, I'm going to go ahead and bring up a very important question to all of you who play my mod.

As you know by now. I have put every single yukkuri under the sun into Suika Fortress. And yet, Toady continues to add more animals into the DF realm. So this leaves me with some questions on what I should considering doing.

Thankfully a artist gave me an idea. She goes by the name of "Rebecca". First off I want to ask... do you remember that I put a Sukusuku Hakutaku in the game beforehand? As I mentioned before I like those little fanmade critters as they're clever and unique in there own way, even if they are mainly a parody of Keine of sorts.

But recently this artist gave me a wonderful idea that I want to consider for my mod. I talked with some friends over at the MotK IRC board about this and it was accepted with wide apprciation. So I thought now would be a good idea to get Bay 12's group into the mess too.

What I was considering was adding the following:

Different breeds of Sukusuku Hakutakus!

The idea just seems clever enough that it would work and it might add varaity into the game since I've upped' the difficulty recently.

More or less what I want to aim to do is make Sukusuku Hakutakus of different kinds that you can locate depending on where in the world you explore or embark on.

Most of them will be wild, some will be peaceful, but overall I'm considering making them all acceptable as pets compared to yukkuris which I wouldn't allow completely.

Now why would I do this though? Because I'm going to try to keep it as fair as possible.

What I want to consider doing is adding in Sukusuku Hakutakus of different types and varieties. They will all be based on Touhou characters so don't even bother asking me to make a Miku Hatsune one, AIN'T GOING TO HAPPEN!

Also I will not be doing them on every single Touhou character, but I will howver consider adding them in if they can be balanced in some way.

I also want to balance their availability since I don't want people finding 10 in one biome and 2 in another. Wouldn't be fair otherwise..

But anove all else, I want them to have thier own special abilities depending on who they represent.

Some examples I thought up were:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

These are only a few I have considered, but this is also why I wanted to bring this up.

To be fair coming up with a clever name for a Sukusuku Hakutaku is harder than it seems and I want the fans here to help me out a bit. Because without them it would be hard to define them. So that's why I want your help, cause I know you can help me out with clever names for these little furry guys. Your feedback here will be very important since it'll help shape the future of what I include Suika Fortress.

So please go ahead and vote and please give me your feedback, cause I would truly appreciate it. ^^

That's one small step for man, one giant leap for Otakukind!

And maker of the mod in progress known as Suika Fortress Now for 0.34.xx!

Rinnosuke

• Bay Watcher
  • Mister Mannosuke
    • View Profile

I am actually up for this and it sounds cool. Although a Flandre based Hakutaku would be destructive and might make the gem harder than it already is. But a great idea nontheless and knowing me if you did put a destructive Flan based one i would probably try to seek it out and in turn lose half my fortress

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile

Warning: Do not look for further pictures of said artist if you don't want to die of an acute overdosing of Hhnnnngggggg.

Totaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've gone ahead and begin looking at the raws of the up new Dwarf Fortress update.

Obviously there is alot more things I'm going to have to do here now. Starting from working on transferring the codes over, carefully making sure they match according to the new version.

Then making sure the sprite will work accordingly, this also means changing some things since I noticed zombies and skeletons have now been condensed into one sprite "Animated".

And also making sure the interaction that are there will play nicely with the transfer.

I'm going to say I may need a week to get most of this done, but who knows, I might get lucky!

Course like I said before. This is just the "transfer" that I'm performing here. The real work beginnings after I transfer everything to 0.34.02 and beyond.

Also still seeking additional feedback on them Sukusuku Hakutakus as usual.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 03:15:34 am by Totaku »

Rinnosuke

• Bay Watcher
  • Mister Mannosuke
    • View Profile

I start up Dwarf Fortress and start a new map after redownloading it and the first thing a see is a pair of Rankkurri's running around in circles like a pair of headless chickens. Any idea why this happened. Also are Cirnokurri's found in Cold or Freezing climates

Totaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I start up Dwarf Fortress and start a new map after redownloading it and the first thing a see is a pair of Rankkurri's running around in circles like a pair of headless chickens. Any idea why this happened. Also are Cirnokurri's found in Cold or Freezing climates

It's probably because of the meander tag since it makes them wonder aimlessly. So I can only assume that they ran in circles cause of that. Kinda odd really. Though I expect that they'll leave eventually and then things will return to normal.

As for Cirnoffs (Cirno yukkuris), try tundra and glacier areas. They live in those locations.

As it currently stands I'm started doing some of the raw transfer. Surprisingly alot of things are simalar. Course I'm going to be looking over some of the new vermin since I'll have to change some things to make them match what the present. Other than that, what I'm doing is more or less a quick release like I explained earlier. Real work begins afterward.

And like I said before, to everyone reading the thread, I would appriciate any feedback you all have on regarding the Sukusuku Hakutakus I mentioned earlier.

Rinnosuke

• Bay Watcher
  • Mister Mannosuke
    • View Profile

Thanks for the info Totaku and i love what you are doing with this mod. It is by far my favourite dwarf fortress mod. It is also my only dwarf fortress mod

Edit: I'm taking a wild guess here but in order to find any of the yukkuri versions of the Subterranean Animism cast i'll need to dig into an underground cavern won't i
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 06:17:20 am by Rinnosuke »

Totaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thanks for the info Totaku and i love what you are doing with this mod. It is by far my favourite dwarf fortress mod. It is also my only dwarf fortress mod

Edit: I'm taking a wild guess here but in order to find any of the yukkuri versions of the Subterranean Animism cast i'll need to dig into an underground cavern won't i

Almost all of them, the only one you can find above ground is Orin yukkuris. Course I've been personally considering moving that one below ground as soon as I find a substitute for that one (they replaced giant leopards BTW). Since they reside in untamed wild locations in the savanna.

(Personally I'm half way considering moving Yukkugasas in place of yukkuorins) Since they're oddly located underground (when they replaced the troglodytes))
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 02:00:05 pm by Totaku »

Totaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The creature transfer is complete!

All that remains now is material, weapons, colors, entity, ect to ensure that everything will run in order. Then it'll be down to tweaking the creatures to match with the sprite sets and then world genning, test fortress runs and then I should have Suika Fortress 0.34.xx ready.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 12:39:19 pm by Totaku »

Totaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

0.34.02 version of Suika Fortress is on the horizon now!

I've finished the transfer of all the sprites from the pervious update to the new version and included all of the tags and behavior from the previous game.

All that remains for me to do now is conduct tests to ensure that everything works accordingly now. This may take time since I'll be altering tags here and there to make sure everything runs accordingly. But as soon as it is complete. I will release the 0.34.02 version and begin work on the first bit of work for the new version.

P.S. I'm kinda impressed I managed to get the error list down to just a few tokens regarding color errors, toe tags and breath attacks. Obviously I'll have to conduct tests on the breath attacks since they revolve around the CDI tags now instead of the old Material breath tags. But otherwise I think everything is under control.

P.S.S Down to Material Breath issues now!
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 12:13:04 pm by Totaku »

krisslanza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Man, you work fast. And have actual ideas!

Me, I just kind of... do... things. And spend a lot of time thinking, and a lot less time doing. Or trying.

Totaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Suika Fortress V0.7.21 -PC-98 Yukkuris galore! Let's discuss Sukusuku Hakutakus!
« Reply #341 on: February 23, 2012, 09:42:32 am »

Man, you work fast. And have actual ideas!

Me, I just kind of... do... things. And spend a lot of time thinking, and a lot less time doing. Or trying.

Well, I'm trying to catch up after being in haiatus for so long since the release came out so I have to push myself. Personally I wouldn't mind having some people or discuss with me thier views on the direction the project is going.

Because the one thing I want to take into account here are the fans and those that love the mod. It's also because I'm making plans for something else I'm putting together hopfully in time for April. You'll have to wait and see. As for now though I do have a report to give out....

Suika Fortress is now 0.34.02 ready!

As I mentioned before this was a simple transfer update more or less and I did do a few small tweaks here and there, but at least I got an idea how interaction tags work for breath attacks and have to say... I see a bright future for this! There's lots of possibilties for these tags and I look forward to playing with them more since alot can be done with them. I will probably do more stuff with them in due time...

But in the mean time...

Those that play Suika Fortress, I need your assistance to make sure everything in the game is playing properly. I will be busy testing things myself and making fixes here and there. So don't be surprised if I make quick updates with small fixes I find. Course you can always download the file ,take the raw and go from there.

But as I said, your feedback is very vital to me since I'm aiming to benifit everyone with it. And any thoughts and ideas are always important.

As usual, I would like some feedback also on them Sukusuku Hakutakus that I mentioned before hand. So please drop by the thread here and give me your feedback!

Rinnosuke

• Bay Watcher
  • Mister Mannosuke
    • View Profile
Re: Suika Fortress V0.7.21 - 0.34.02 ready! Let's discuss Sukusuku Hakutakus!
« Reply #342 on: February 23, 2012, 11:34:15 am »

Yeah i've been wandering. Just what are the Sukusuku Hakutakus. Are they just meant to be cute or are they also dangerous? Anyway might i ask. Are natural cave systems the underground areas where the Forgotten Beasts and occaisionally a demon in legend mode the same thing or are the two completely sepereate things. Also i would like to help with ideas but i am not very creative and is there a Kasen Ibara yukkuri? I with your permission would also like to advertise this mod in my profiles for other forums and websites for it to gain better recognition.

Edit: Nevermind while downloading the new version i saw that she was added with the TD cast but i would like to know more about her Yukkuri in general if its not too much trouble to ask. If it is or if you want me to find out on my own like some normal player would i am fine with that
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 11:38:48 am by Rinnosuke »

Totaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: February 23, 2012, 02:15:17 pm »

Yeah i've been wandering. Just what are the Sukusuku Hakutakus. Are they just meant to be cute or are they also dangerous? Anyway might i ask. Are natural cave systems the underground areas where the Forgotten Beasts and occaisionally a demon in legend mode the same thing or are the two completely sepereate things. Also i would like to help with ideas but i am not very creative and is there a Kasen Ibara yukkuri? I with your permission would also like to advertise this mod in my profiles for other forums and websites for it to gain better recognition.

Edit: Nevermind while downloading the new version i saw that she was added with the TD cast but i would like to know more about her Yukkuri in general if its not too much trouble to ask. If it is or if you want me to find out on my own like some normal player would i am fine with that

Well to go over a brief summary, a Sukusuku Hakutaku is fan made creature made based a bit on Keine's Hakutaku form. Technically they're meant to be cute more than anything else. Dangerous? Well it depends on the viewer and the artist. I personally see them as being the equivalant to like cattle even though they're not all that big. And since this is taking place in a world full of mimture Suikas running about, the creature should be big enough to work thier tasks. Though humans use them too apperently. (Hey, it can't always be perfect) But yeah they mainly function like a cute pet.

On the other hand, when I proposed this idea here. I was looking at the concept of Sukusuku Hakutakus having thier own unique personalities and behaviors. You know like a chocono, but since the ones outside yellow tend to be agressive.  I though why not make Sukusuku Hakutakus that can vary and be anywhere between "cute and cuddly" to "cute and down right frightening" yet be all tamable if in the right hands. (not to say all will stay tame though)

Also as far as I know about FBs and Ledgend Demons, they're not suppose to be the same thing according to Toady, but I do know they share a few things in common. Like randomly generated charateristics, and the worshiping factors like those of MB and Titans. But that's about it, I don't know much more than that to be honest.

Now as for the Kasen Ibara yukkuris... They are a rare breed that can't be found vary easily, but can be tamable, but one thing they're suppose to be notable for is that their bites are capable of paralyzing evil spirits (much like how Kasen can destory evil spirits with her bandaged arm)

That yukkuri is still kinda experimental as it can only paralyze a few creatures that I could mark as "undead". But with the new interaction tags, that road may be opened up a bit further making the Ibarakkuri even more useful especially if embarking in evil regions (do note I haven't added this in yet, and it's only and idea for the moment. I will have to experiment to see the possibilites though)

There's alot of stuff I have planned for the interaction tags once I get the hang of them it'll probably make things more interesting.

But for right now, my current priority is to look over the tweaks once more and fix what needs to be fixed. Then follow up with doing sprites for all the new animals as well as old ones too. That means going from things like Kea, eagles, raven, all the way to octopus squid and the like. Same for giant and animal people variations. So yeah I'm gonna be quite busy.

Once that step is over I'll move on to the next step of new content.

Finally, feel free to advertise my mod Rinnosuke, I'm always glad to get more feedback and people interestedi in the game since I know in a few months from now I'll probably be doing somethiing special.

Course I may be considering PMing some regulars here since I got this weird feeling some don't know if my project is still alive. :V
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 02:16:54 pm by Totaku »

Rinnosuke

• Bay Watcher
  • Mister Mannosuke
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: February 23, 2012, 03:12:13 pm »

Also as far as I know about FBs and Ledgend Demons, they're not suppose to be the same thing according to Toady, but I do know they share a few things in common. Like randomly generated charateristics, and the worshiping factors like those of MB and Titans. But that's about it, I don't know much more than that to be honest.

Now as for the Kasen Ibara yukkuris... They are a rare breed that can't be found vary easily, but can be tamable, but one thing they're suppose to be notable for is that their bites are capable of paralyzing evil spirits (much like how Kasen can destory evil spirits with her bandaged arm)
Is it able to stun the Justakurri? Also i was on about natural cave systems compared to the Underground areas the FBs spawn in and if they were the same thing and yeah it is probably wise to pm the old regulars to see if they will come back

Edit: Okay now that i have your permission i will start advertising this on several different websites. Is ther a specific place to fine Kasen or can you find one anywhere. And how do you catch one
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 04:28:28 pm by Rinnosuke »
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 33