Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Would you be interested in different breeds of Sukusuku Hakutakus? (please reffer to post #330 [AKA page 23])

Yes, give us more animals!
- 23 (92%)
No, I rather take it easy!
- 2 (8%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 33

Author Topic: Suika Fortress V0.7.5 - Back, but also not quite  (Read 129073 times)

Ult1mara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Ult1mara's Let's Plays and reviews

First episode of my LP for this mod is now up ^_^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJROOtstGWk
The local scottish drunken dwarf
Dwarf Fortress Mod Reviews
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=84405.0

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile

Have you already modded in watermelons? Because you totally should.

Oh wait you already did. Awesome.

Totaku

• Bay Watcher
  • The little oni that strikes the earth
    • View Profile

Well I'm offically done with Katawa Shoujo now. Which means I can now put full attention of Suika Fortress. So do expect updates to start rolling in very soon!

Not to sure I'll get this done before the release of the new Dwarf Fortress though. Lots of testing has to be done after I do the sprites.

Also you did pretty good this time Ulr1mara. Thought you still stumbled with your pronouncing, it's alot better compared to where you were before hand. So I approve of you work thus far and look forward to seeing how this LP plays out. ^^
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 05:35:26 pm by Totaku »
That's one small step for man, one giant leap for Otakukind!

And maker of the mod in progress known as Suika Fortress Now for 0.34.xx!

Mush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Suika Fortress UPDATED- V0.7 or V7 10 Desires yukkuris and Inabas everywhere!
« Reply #288 on: February 03, 2012, 01:19:49 pm »

I've always been interested in this project since I started playing Dwarf Fortress.
Just coming from a long break from the game, I'm very glad to see you still working on this.

Waiting warmly, always.

Totaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Suika Fortress UPDATED- V0.7 or V7 10 Desires yukkuris and Inabas everywhere!
« Reply #289 on: February 07, 2012, 01:48:51 pm »

Ok I wanted to let you know that I had some complications getting my old Suika Fortress file to transfer from my old computer to the new one because it kept crashing. Thankfully I resolved the matter via USB drive.
So I won't have to rebuilt everything form last save.

Also my new version of my graphic design software arrived this week, which came at the most appropriate time since my computer was dying and couldn't even run ANYTHING without crashing. This was also why Suika Fortress was on hold for so long. So now I'll be able to move forward with working on the sprites and content.

I shall be getting to work on it as of today, so I hopfully have some to present to you all in a few days. Also I'm glad your waiting warming Mush, cause you need to be patient with me since things come up ever so often.

I'll post updates as I work on this. Course this release update will be for the 0.31.25 version. I won't be trasffering everything to the new version till I complete everything on the current to-do list.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 01:52:40 pm by Totaku »

Totaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: February 09, 2012, 01:14:36 pm »

Back with another repoty guys! Touhous from the 3rd game of the PC-98 have been yukkurified!

So I'm roughly half way done with the list.

I still have to take care of game's 4-5 and add in Konngara and Sariel.

Then following that as mentioned earlier. Work on the non humanoid/ non yukkuri entries. Anyways, if I keep the pace I'm going right now. I just might get most of what I need done before the release. That is if Threetoes keeps finding bugs. Wish me luck guys.

Rinnosuke

• Bay Watcher
  • Mister Mannosuke
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: February 10, 2012, 08:31:08 am »

Don't worry Totaku i'm sure everyone doesn't mind waiting because of your problem with the computer. Anyway the sprites are looking cool. Even though some of them look like they want to eat my face. Namely the ones that look lik skeletons and zombies.Also is that a long haired Yuuka? And is that Ruukuto or how you spell it next to Elly. As of writing this sentence i had an epiphany. Why don't you make Elly a trainable animal so people can leash her outside of their fortress gates.

P.s. Where do you find Meiling Yukkuri's i haven't seen one and have no idea where they are, what they do or if they are violent and will punch through my skull
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 08:34:15 am by Rinnosuke »

Totaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: February 10, 2012, 01:22:52 pm »

Don't worry Totaku i'm sure everyone doesn't mind waiting because of your problem with the computer. Anyway the sprites are looking cool. Even though some of them look like they want to eat my face. Namely the ones that look like skeletons and zombies. Also is that a long haired Yuuka? And is that Ruukuto or how you spell it next to Elly. As of writing this sentence i had an epiphany. Why don't you make Elly a trainable animal so people can leash her outside of their fortress gates.

P.s. Where do you find Meiling Yukkuri's i haven't seen one and have no idea where they are, what they do or if they are violent and will punch through my skull

Yeah I'm glad  you consider that, thankfully that was the past. The present is that I now have a computer that works so I can continue my work here.

Now yesm that is a long hair Yuuka there (or proto Yuuka as I call her) and that is Rukkuto, but your wrong about Elly though. That's Kana. Elly and Kana share a rather simlar hat and hair color and only notable differnce comes in thier hair style. And being how yukkuris are like. This can be hard to compare. But like I said Elly should be different enough to compare to Kana, if you look hard enough.

As for Elly becoming a tamable creature, that I'll have to think about. PC-98 creatures were going to be limited in what could be tamed or not and even so, they will also be extremly rare. So I might consider it when the time comes....

In the mean time though here's my next sprite update:

Lotus Land is now done! All that remains is Mystic Square and Kongarra and Sariel before I move on to the non humanoid PC-98 creatures. They shouldn't take that long to be honest. The rest rides on how much luck I have between now and by the release....with only 7 items left on Toady's to debug list. I'm riding it awfully close....

Totaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: February 11, 2012, 06:41:49 am »

Posting one more update before getting some sleep. (which won't be much)

All the yukkuris from Touhou games 1-5 are now added.

This means now I can turn my focus onto the non humanoid creature. Yuugan Maggen which will mainly be 5 eyes with an electric core. Evil Eye Sigma, Rika's specialized demonic tank which looks like a giant eye with wings and tentacles.

Then it'll be onward to working on other small animals to add into the world of Suika Fortress to make the world more like Gensokyo.

The Tsuchinoko, a fat snake looking creature that lives in forested area and is extremely rare thus they will be highly valuable.

The Sake bug, which will replace the purring maggot in it's entirety. While it can't be used to make sake, you can probably milk it's extracts to make sake flavor food ingredients (suitable for onis)

Both of these creatures made an apperances in Strange and Bright Nature Deity.

Then finally a few animals that Kasen Ibaraki uses from Wild and Horned Hermit.

The Dapeng which is a re-introduction of the "Giant Eagle"

And the Raijuu a small rat creature that can release electrical bursts from it's body and bite can cause anyone to become unmotivated (thus become sleepy real quickly)

These critters should hopefully be done in the following day when I'm awake.

That should cover it for now.

Any feedback would be appriciated.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 06:51:08 am by Totaku »

Totaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: February 12, 2012, 04:24:22 am »

Finally got all the animals done as well as EES and YY.

My sprite work is done for the release. Now it's down to the final portion of the getting the release out!

tagging, testing and releasing.

Toady seems to be almost done as well. I'm almost expecting a Valentine release. But I am doing what I can to get this done beforehand. But I don't know how this'll play. Hopefully I'll have it done just in time for the release.

For right now I do want to ask you fans a question...

Since I'm including Tsuchinokos and Raijuus, I want to considering where their habitat should be.

Since the Tsuchinoko is more of less a fat snake. I was considering forests and swamps.

As for Raijuus, being something like a ferret or rat of some sort, plains and grasslands... maybe forest too.

Dapengs will just be in the same location as Giant Eagles since they're well...Giant Eagles (they're going to use the ol BEEFMO sprite as well)

Anyways, I want to know if you think these locations would work for the animals. Your feedback would be most appreciated. ^^
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 04:27:02 am by Totaku »

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: February 12, 2012, 06:32:47 am »

Wherever you put them rats, make sure that there's corn nearby.

Totaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: February 13, 2012, 09:41:34 am »

Wherever you put them rats, make sure that there's corn nearby.

If there was way to make food cure something I would! But sadly nothing like that exists yet.

Course I have hit a minor snag ATM....

Currently I've been blasting through the yukkuri list alright so far, course it's going to likely slow down coma around and after rukkutokkuri.

Here's the problem I'm having at the moment.

I talked to a few fokes of mine about the mod and discussed what Rukkuto and what she should do. Basiclly I kinda decided that since she's kind of a robot, she should have an iron body. But then we proceed on to the more problematic thing.

We later bring up about how she's nuclear powered and I was suggested that she should blow up upon death. I'm certain by now you know Utusho yukkuris do this too.

But in this case there's some issues I have with this one....

You see, Rukkuto yukkuris are likely to appear above ground and if you capture one and tame it and then stick it in the right place, and let it die, you might as well be setting up an eternal burning trap. Which I've considered to be too OP for above ground sieges.

Thus defeating the "Losing is Fun" feel.

The problem is the corpse will burn forever and the fire will never die unless water is poured on it....

To my view, the only way this would be fair is if the burning ends somewhere down the road. But to be honest. I don't know how to stop the corpse from burning forever. So that why I'm hoping someone here has a suggestion or some direction they can point me in to help me fix this problem.

If so let me know. Otherwise, I'm leaning torward just giving rukkuto an iron body.

Oh and also have this picture as an update since I'm 1/3 done.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 02:55:04 pm by Totaku »

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: February 13, 2012, 09:50:03 am »

We later bring up about how she's nuclear powered and I was suggested that she should blow up upon death. I'm certain by now you know Utusho yukkuris do this too.
And pirinjas too.

Ult1mara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Ult1mara's Let's Plays and reviews
« Reply #298 on: February 14, 2012, 05:06:57 am »

Episode 2 of my LP for this mod is now up ^_^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plKY0rH8MRo
The local scottish drunken dwarf
Dwarf Fortress Mod Reviews
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=84405.0

Totaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: February 14, 2012, 08:13:31 am »

Episode 2 of my LP for this mod is now up ^_^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plKY0rH8MRo

As I mentioned in youtube, you did a good job with it and appriciate your work. Course you still stumble on a few things like pronouncing Yukkugasa which is "You ku ga-sa" but I understood that, what really shocked me was not saying "Moe" properly.

Moe is a pretty popular coin word in today's otaku culture so some will turns heads if that were mispronounced. The best way to prounouce it is moe-a or better yet reffer to 0:40 of this video.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvzyYQ1FL_g

Otherwise, you did good and I'm looking forward to more when you get the time since I know your a bit busy ATM with your life. Good Luck with your gf : )

Anyways quick report!

About 1/2 done now and working at the end of dim.dream

Sadly I couldn't finish the update in time for the release. But it's not going to matter first thing is first. I'm going to get these behaviors done so I can release the 0.31.25 version.

Then I'll march onward to working on 0.34.01 or whatever updates come beyond that.

Also until someone can help me with temporary burning following exploding upon death, Rukkuto will just be made of iron and be somewhat the size of a yusakuya. I will test her out in a bit.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 02:31:18 pm by Totaku »

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 33