Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Would you be interested in different breeds of Sukusuku Hakutakus? (please reffer to post #330 [AKA page 23])

Yes, give us more animals!
- 23 (92%)
No, I rather take it easy!
- 2 (8%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 33

Author Topic: Suika Fortress V0.7.5 - Back, but also not quite  (Read 129070 times)

Totaku

• Bay Watcher
  • The little oni that strikes the earth
    • View Profile
Re: Suika Fortress UPDATED- V0.7 or V7 10 Desires yukkuris and Inabas everywhere
« Reply #270 on: December 14, 2011, 01:04:54 pm »

orange yukkuri

kotohime yukkuri

I am thiiiiiis close to being sold on it. aargh tilesets.

Maybe you'll consider it once I finsh them. XD

Anyways, sorry for the delay fokes, stuff happens as usual.

Here's what's up. I recently asked for the MotK  group to see if they would be interested in coming up with some music for Suika Fortress. Not much responds has been made ATM. So it looks like this will be a waiting game for now to see if new music will be added into Suika Fortress over time.... only time will tell here...

In the mean time, I do have some of the sprites done on the charaters from game 1 and 2 (minus Kongarra and Sariel)

It's going to take some time, but I'm really hoping I can get the mod launched before Caravan Arc 1 is released. And it drawing closer now (since Toady's about half way through the "list")

I still have charaters from games 3-5 to cover. 3 and 4 will likely be the most time consuming while 5 should be quicker. Then there's still the non-humanoid entries like Evil eye Sigma, ect. The following that will be some animals (which some will be easy to do.)

Hopfully once that is done, then a simple arena test is all I'll need then I shall launch the update. Then it'll be preparation time for Caravan Arc 1.

Regarding Caravan Arc 1

With Toady's release of the interaction codes for the zombies, werewolves, vampires and the like. There is a VERY GOOD chance that Remillia, Flandre, Keine, Yoshika, Yuyuko, Seiga and Orin will make the cut. It's a matter of how this feature is executed once the release is out. I'm really hoping they can have thier own special sprites. Cause it would make it worth while.

But yes, the interaction codes seem to make these charater behave almost the way I want them too. But until this is released and we see the action take place. It's still up in the air.

In the mean time, I will be busy trying to get them prepared so that they can stand up to being a serious threat and fit thier roles accordingly.
That's one small step for man, one giant leap for Otakukind!

And maker of the mod in progress known as Suika Fortress Now for 0.34.xx!

Rinnosuke

• Bay Watcher
  • Mister Mannosuke
    • View Profile
Re: Suika Fortress UPDATED- V0.7 or V7 10 Desires yukkuris and Inabas everywhere!
« Reply #271 on: December 14, 2011, 03:56:18 pm »

The skeletal looking versions of those yukkuris are very creepy. It literaly went from Little alice = Aww thats nice to Skeletal little alice = Kill it! Kill it with fire and if that didn't work my fortress would probably end up like boatmurdered and buried in magma

Ult1mara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Ult1mara's Let's Plays and reviews

Totaku?

How up-to-date is ur OP? am just reading through the Thread in order to get a better understanding of the mods development for my "preview" write up of this mod ^_^

Thank You IdioticUlt1mara
The local scottish drunken dwarf
Dwarf Fortress Mod Reviews
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=84405.0

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile

Pretty u2d I guess, since PC-98 yukkiris haven't been included yet afaik.

Ult1mara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Pretty u2d I guess, since PC-98 yukkiris haven't been included yet afaik.

I was wondering more to the part has he included of his most recent updates into the OP :P

Ult1mara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey dude I have the Preview up for this mod. If ppl could vote on my thread saying how they would like it layed out in future that would be greatly appreciated ^_^

Totaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sorry for the lack of discussion things have been happening lately. And currently I'm still have Suika Fortress on my to do list. I just been side tracked with another project.

To be honest, it's a visual novel that recently came out that was inspired by a single page by a Japanese artist, but created by an English fan base. And yes I'm talking about Katawa Shoujo.Very unique and inspirational if you ask me. I go into more details about it, but am thinking of starting a thread on it in the bay 12 section later.

Anyways, my plans are to start getting back to work on the PC-98 yukkuris after I finish Katawa Shoujo (give me about 8-10 days.)

I know I kinda disappeared a bit die to this, but it's kinda expected when I'm trying to seek playing something or seeking inspiration.

And yes well aware the release to the new DF is coming out soon. Could be anytime between a few days till sometime early next month.

I don't know if I'll get the update done on time, but I will try to push to get it done ASAP.

But I will say once I get the update done and the new release is out and I get a chance to fiddle with it. I look forward to adding in some of the additional Touhou characters I mentioned earlier.

C27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Would it be possible to use yukkuris as siege ammunition? Good times would be had.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Gold is for the mistress– silver for the maid–
Copper for the craftsman, cunning at his trade.
‘Good!’ said the Baron, sitting in his hall,
‘But iron– cold iron– is ruler of them all’.

C27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Would it be possible to use a special type of yukkuris as siege ammunition? Good times would be had.

Totaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Would it be possible to use a special type of yukkuris as siege ammunition? Good times would be had.

Very interesting thought. I'd have to look into this though. Currently I know corpses can't be used as siege ammo.

The only things that can be used as siege ammo is ballistic arrows and rocks for catapults. I'll have to also look to see if this is even possible as well to make a corpse drop occur of this type.

Course there is also a biggest question of all. What kind of yukkuri would even work as siege ammo? Cause so far it's kinda hard to think of any that really would thanks to their "somewhat squishy texture"

So yeah, not to sure on that one, but I will look into it probably after the next two updates I have planned in the to do list.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 06:08:36 pm by Totaku »

Wh1tefang12

• Bay Watcher
  • If all else fails apply magma
    • View Profile

Sorry for the lack of discussion things have been happening lately. And currently I'm still have Suika Fortress on my to do list. I just been side tracked with another project.

To be honest, it's a visual novel that recently came out that was inspired by a single page by a Japanese artist, but created by an English fan base. And yes I'm talking about Katawa Shoujo.Very unique and inspirational if you ask me. I go into more details about it, but am thinking of starting a thread on it in the bay 12 section later.

Anyways, my plans are to start getting back to work on the PC-98 yukkuris after I finish Katawa Shoujo (give me about 8-10 days.)

I know I kinda disappeared a bit die to this, but it's kinda expected when I'm trying to seek playing something or seeking inspiration.

And yes well aware the release to the new DF is coming out soon. Could be anytime between a few days till sometime early next month.

I don't know if I'll get the update done on time, but I will try to push to get it done ASAP.

But I will say once I get the update done and the new release is out and I get a chance to fiddle with it. I look forward to adding in some of the additional Touhou characters I mentioned earlier.
I completely understand it side tracked me as well i decided to take a five minute break from programming and look up a guy i knew another forum (mike inel who is the animator for the fmv sequences)  and many manly tears (and way to many hours) later i've finished all paths but shizunes.
Hmm whats that smell... Oh hi Urist still taking that nap, its been 5 months I can only manage to sleep 3 days. You might want to get that Axe wound checked out though; you are in the Hospital.

C27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Very interesting thought. I'd have to look into this though. Currently I know corpses can't be used as siege ammo.

The only things that can be used as siege ammo is ballistic arrows and rocks for catapults. I'll have to also look to see if this is even possible as well to make a corpse drop occur of this type.

Course there is also a biggest question of all. What kind of yukkuri would even work as siege ammo? Cause so far it's kinda hard to think of any that really would thanks to their "somewhat squishy texture"

So yeah, not to sure on that one, but I will look into it probably after the next two updates I have planned in the to do list.

The point isn't to be effective, it's to be amusing.
Could you manufacture a special subtype as siege ammunition, maybe, and give it creature qualities?

Rinnosuke

• Bay Watcher
  • Mister Mannosuke
    • View Profile

The point isn't to be effective, it's to be amusing.
Could you manufacture a special subtype as siege ammunition, maybe, and give it creature qualities?
Why am i suddenly thinking of a biokurri army being pelted to death by yukureimus and any other Yukkuri

Ult1mara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I am now taking names for my Let's Play of this mod

If u want to join either PM me, comment on one of my DF videos OR reply on here

Totaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You can sign me up since I always love being a Suika. XD

Anyways, almost done with KS need to do Lilly's route (gonna take approximately 2-3 days) Still have to write a review (another day or 2), then I'll jump back into getting to work on Suika Fortress.

Plans will be as follow:

First, finish the PC-98 yukurri designs and then work on thier behaviors. Depending on when this is completed, I will release the 0.31.25 version regardless even if release 1 is out.

Following that I will study release 1 and transfer everything over to it as well as work on all the new animals that are being thrown in and then work on releasing that version.

Then finally work on using the new features to implment some new Touhou and creatures that'll make up part of the list. I can tell this will be a time comsuming process, but it'll be an important step.

So yeah I apologize for side stepping my work on this. But we know everyone needs a brake sometime. I should definetly be back to working full force once I'm done with KS within the next few days.

« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 01:35:22 pm by Totaku »

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 33