Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Would you be interested in different breeds of Sukusuku Hakutakus? (please reffer to post #330 [AKA page 23])

Yes, give us more animals!
- 23 (92%)
No, I rather take it easy!
- 2 (8%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 33

Author Topic: Suika Fortress V0.7.5 - Back, but also not quite  (Read 129100 times)

Ult1mara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Ult1mara's Let's Plays and reviews
Re: Suika Fortress UPDATED- V0.7 or V7 10 Desires yukkuris and Inabas everywhere!
« Reply #255 on: November 15, 2011, 09:13:33 pm »

I wont be doing this mod for some time sorry totaku. As my mic decided it would die on me ><
The local scottish drunken dwarf
Dwarf Fortress Mod Reviews
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=84405.0

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: Suika Fortress UPDATED- V0.7 or V7 10 Desires yukkuris and Inabas everywhere!
« Reply #256 on: November 16, 2011, 08:55:31 am »

Hmm, Futo-kuri looks like the hat could be a bit bigger.

Totaku

• Bay Watcher
  • The little oni that strikes the earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: November 17, 2011, 05:12:42 pm »

I wont be doing this mod for some time sorry totaku. As my mic decided it would die on me ><

Seems like bad luck struck again. >_< Well I understand , I wasa hoping you get a shot at doing Suika Fortress again since I pushed to get the update out. But I can wait.

And as a good reminder to you all, if any of you fans of the mod or Touhou fans alike want to see Suika Fortress get an LP. Vote for it in Ultramara's thread.

Hmm, Futo-kuri looks like the hat could be a bit bigger.

Bigger in general or heigth. I suppose you might be right,I'll see if I can make Futo's hat stand out some more. But I do have limited space to work with so don't expect maricles.

Anyways I'm going to sit here and discuss my plans for the time being.

Current stage of plans for the next release will center around PC-98 charaters and unique creatures.

Since the voting been going on for a while I got plenty of respond from it and from the poll it appears I'll be working on all the charaters.

Well it might be all of them, but it could end up being more like a cast majority of them at the most possible chance.

My idea will be to work on each charater and each series of the game.

From High Responds to Prayer all the way to Mystic Square.

Most of the charater I'll be doing will be the bosses, very few mini bosses are worth putting in since they don't have any notable charatistics.

But anyways, I will try to cover all of them. This can even include a PC-98 Reimu, Marisa (based on her apperance in game 2,), Yuuka, and Alice.

Most of the charaters that will be in it will be yukkurified of course, That's no exception.

But some non human ones (like Evil Eye Sigma) will appear as Mega beast or the like.

Oh and I do have a fitting place for the Mystic Square crew, that should make things rather...FUN. >:D

Some other creatures I'm considering adding like like the sake worm from the fairy comics and the Tsukichno that Marisa once found in the same said comic, also maybe creature like those Kasen summoned to aid her (minus dragons, I am not putting in a dragon unless gods can take on a physical form and engage in earth shaking events and possibly fight)

So yeah got my hands filled pretty well here. It'll be interesting how this plays out.

I'll have to see how much time I have left too considering Today's entering reworking buildings now, which could mean the new release could be eminate. Still hoping to complete this by December sometime though since that's when I expect the new release to be out.

Finally connection is down at home for the moment and won't be back till after Monday, Course thankfully I have a waty to still connect.

But anyways time to get to work.

ANy thoughts, question and feedback will be appriciated.
That's one small step for man, one giant leap for Otakukind!

And maker of the mod in progress known as Suika Fortress Now for 0.34.xx!

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: November 17, 2011, 05:31:42 pm »

Ellykuris should be filled with rotten applesauce. Harharhar.

Yumeko should be easy though. Copy over the raws for Sakuya, make a few adjustments, done.

Shingyoku could be interesting in that they may or may not have different sprites depending on gender.

I just checked the image files and was all WHOA I MUST GET A DRAWING TABLET SO I CAN DRAW A SUIKA WITH A MONOCLE.

And now I am oh wait no that's no Suika that's Akius Ikubi.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 06:03:43 pm by Darvi »

Rinnosuke

• Bay Watcher
  • Mister Mannosuke
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: November 19, 2011, 12:20:22 pm »

Hooray i am finally gonna get to see my Shinki-kurri
Also i wonder what your gonna make Yumemi
i hope she appears along with Chiyuri
Edit:Also i am assuming that Cirno and Letty only spawn in freezing conditions
« Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 05:16:35 pm by Rinnosuke »

Totaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Suika Fortress UPDATED- V0.7 or V7 10 Desires yukkuris and Inabas everywhere
« Reply #260 on: November 21, 2011, 09:31:10 am »

Ellykuris should be filled with rotten applesauce. Harharhar.

Yumeko should be easy though. Copy over the raws for Sakuya, make a few adjustments, done.

Shingyoku could be interesting in that they may or may not have different sprites depending on gender.

I just checked the image files and was all WHOA I MUST GET A DRAWING TABLET SO I CAN DRAW A SUIKA WITH A MONOCLE.

And now I am oh wait no that's no Suika that's Akius Ikubi.

Elly makes sense in reference to her song and of course the video that was spread like wild fire a year or 2 ago....

Yeah Yumeko will be a bit like Sakuya with a few small exceptions...you'll see....

As for Shingyoku, that's one of the few charater I'm subject for debate. Experiments show I can't change the sprites of different castes types since they still use the main tag. So I may actually put that charater on hold till Release 1 is out....

Also yeah guess you got the Walfas reference form the Suika Mayor. That's where the idea for the mayor sprite derived from.
Hooray i am finally gonna get to see my Shinki-kurri
Also i wonder what your gonna make Yumemi
i hope she appears along with Chiyuri
Edit:Also i am assuming that Cirno and Letty only spawn in freezing conditions

Well making the two yukkuris get along shouldn't be a problem (as in not fighting each other) It's symbiotic bonds I'm not too sure of. They'll probably do fine though.

As for Letty and Cirno yukkuris, yes they should only appear in cold area. Cirno definetly since she's sort of the mock up of the iceman. Letty yukkuris took over the Yeti position. So I'm not too sure on that one, but there is a fun little twist regarding them if you ever confront one. (Hint: Don't get near it if you can help it)

Right now a few of the yukkuris I've maanged to put together on pen and paper to decide how they'll work, what they'll behave like and what kind of bean paste they'll have...

But there are some I still haven't decided on yet. Cause some of them are kind of odd. Mostly on deciding their bean paste. :P I'll continue looking through foods for a while to see if I can nail some that could sit the said charaters....

I'll put down a list later on once I get some of them put together.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 09:35:09 am by Totaku »

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: November 21, 2011, 09:34:59 am »

Right, forgot that people all look the same.

Maybe make them seperate species with only one gender caste respectively.

Also, making sprites pixel by pixel is hard. I tried making a Kanakuri and a Sarikuri and they  weren't that good really.

Totaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Suika Fortress UPDATED- V0.7 or V7 10 Desires yukkuris and Inabas everywhere
« Reply #262 on: November 24, 2011, 06:31:44 pm »

Ok I've been doing some thinking on this for a bit and decided to sit down and discuss about this as a possible idea...

I've been looking at some of the other mods (Deon to be percise) and sort of gave this some thought.

I'm want to know from all you Touhou fans out there is if you all think it would be a good idea to actually use different music than what  is commonly used in the game. Sure the music in DF is good, but what if I put in something more Touhou-esque.

I was shown some nice Ehru music remix of Broken which I think might be suitable for the starting screen. :P But I wanted to get your feedback too it.

Second is an important question. If we agree with this. What route should we go with it. Get remixes and give credit to said artist? Or come up with something more orginal. I already know ZUN says no to the use of him music on most cases (mainly for selling) but other than that well I want to make sure I do the right thing when putting music in the game to avoid any problems.

So any feedback on this would be nice. And remember this is only being considered ATM. So it may or may not happen.

Also feedback reports that U1tramara is going to do my Suika Fortress mod for his next LP. So I'm very excited!

Ult1mara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Ult1mara's Let's Plays and reviews
« Reply #263 on: November 24, 2011, 08:17:54 pm »

I think u should put different music into it IMO. I always love listening to different types of music in DF other than the generic one ^_^
The local scottish drunken dwarf
Dwarf Fortress Mod Reviews
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=84405.0

Patchy

• Bay Watcher
  • Mukyu
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: November 24, 2011, 08:42:07 pm »

Adding touhou-esque music to your mod sounds fine by me. Then again, I usually have the df music turned off so I can listen to my playlists, which contains a lot of touhou already. I'd definately put the music back on to give your selection a listen though.

As for crediting the music, I don't see much of a problem since you aren't making any money off this. A simple nod to the artists in the credits would probably be sufficient. Though some original remixes sound cool too, if you got the stuff and skills to do it, or know someone who does.

And grats on being the next one to be LP'd.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: November 25, 2011, 10:59:21 am »

I usually listen to Ikaruga anyway while playing :V

Actually if anybody has any skills at music-making, a touhoufied version of the DF song (or a DFied version of Broken Moon) would probably be the most awesome.

Rinnosuke

• Bay Watcher
  • Mister Mannosuke
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: November 29, 2011, 06:38:06 pm »

I suppose what you mean by good is that one guitar track that gets repetitive. So from the previous sentence it is obvious that i will support putting in Touhoufied music in anyway possible which won't be much help but its the thought that counts and is it odd that as of writing i am currently listening to an arrangement of Broken Moon.

Totaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: December 04, 2011, 04:53:49 pm »

Gah, so many projects side tracking me. I haven't had time yet to discuss things with the MotK group about seeing if anyone from the forum could compose music for this. But in the mean time I will go ahead and discuss about my yukkuri report.

Like I said before I was busy looking for flavors for most of the charters, and as of this point I think I got most of them. So I composed a list of the yukkruis that'll be included for the PC-98 update.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

That should cover them all. Other creatures that are non yukkuri I plan to include as megabeast are Yuggenmagen which will mainly be eyes with an "energy core" (I know some say it's might be a human entity in that center but it just doesn't seem like that to me.)

And Evil Eye Sigma which should be fun to put together since it'll be a large eye with wings, tentacles and a steel based body. FUN

So from this list this means I'm making 30 more yukkuri and 2 more extra creatures ATM. wow talk about going to be busy.

I guess that covers the bases. So if there are any questions or thoughts. Feel free to speak about them now. Cause I want to try to wrap this up before Release 1 comes out. Which looks like it could very well happen this month from the looks of it.

« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 05:05:27 pm by Totaku »

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: December 05, 2011, 08:40:28 am »

EEΣ is totally megabeast material, no question.

Also I want  to nom a Kanakkuri or a Sarakkuri now.

proxn_punkd

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a better dove story than Twilight
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: December 05, 2011, 06:03:16 pm »

orange yukkuri

kotohime yukkuri

I am thiiiiiis close to being sold on it. aargh tilesets.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 33