Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Would you be interested in different breeds of Sukusuku Hakutakus? (please reffer to post #330 [AKA page 23])

Yes, give us more animals!
- 23 (92%)
No, I rather take it easy!
- 2 (8%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33

Author Topic: Suika Fortress V0.7.5 - Back, but also not quite  (Read 128913 times)

Totaku

• Bay Watcher
  • The little oni that strikes the earth
    • View Profile
Re: Suika Fortress V0.7.5 - Cross forum game has begun!
« Reply #465 on: August 23, 2012, 07:21:56 am »

I would love to be back on the OP ^_^ lol <3

I'm sorry, what?

By the way, could you perhaps add melons as above ground plants? While it wouldn't make much difference gamewise but it should be pretty easy to add and would be a funny little detail.
Suika farming suika.
By the way, could you perhaps add melons as above ground plants? While it wouldn't make much difference gamewise but it should be pretty easy to add and would be a funny little detail.
Suika farming suika.

That's a funny idea.
*Makes note of it for project*

I wonder if Tokatu is still around, haven't heard anything in a while.

I made this same proposal back a few months ago, but no one showed intrest in my suggestion of Suikas growing Suikas....

And now you all are showing interest in it.

Very well, I will mark it on my to do list. But I will also like to point now like I said on my older post. This thread will be inactive for a while since I will be spending most of the time working with the Suika Fortress Yearly Challenge thread in the DF community board. So I will not be adding much stuff till after the game is done.  We're on year 5 and still have 15 more years to go. So it would be a while. ^^;;;

But I will keep the suggestion in time. Just remember, the Suika Fortress modder is busy playing with his creation, so please watch warmly.
That's one small step for man, one giant leap for Otakukind!

And maker of the mod in progress known as Suika Fortress Now for 0.34.xx!

krisslanza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: August 23, 2012, 09:16:43 am »

Oh that explains where you've been then. :P

Madness! Game creators playing their creation!?  :o

Ult1mara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Ult1mara's Let's Plays and reviews
« Reply #467 on: September 17, 2012, 04:55:01 pm »

Nothing Totaku its cool I just thought u had my LP on ur OP :P but I do not mind ^_^
The local scottish drunken dwarf
Dwarf Fortress Mod Reviews
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=84405.0

Ult1mara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Ult1mara's Let's Plays and reviews
« Reply #468 on: September 20, 2012, 06:32:42 pm »

Just a head up Totaku. My hard Drive kinda died so the LP that I was doing for this mod has to be canceled however I am now just starting another fortress as I type this and will start recording that. Will hopefully have it finished relatively soon I am think a season and episode if I am lucky ^_^

Ne ways hope u keep up the good work
The local scottish drunken dwarf
Dwarf Fortress Mod Reviews
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=84405.0

Totaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Suika Fortress V0.7.5 - Back to work, and fixing stuff!
« Reply #469 on: October 09, 2012, 02:09:54 pm »

Well the Suika Fortress Cross Forum game is offically over since everyone royally screwed over and got the BAD END to the game.

This means that since it's over, I will be getting back to work on Suika Fortress itself!

There are some things I need to work on that were uncovered during the game that need fixing.

Some of these items include:

Trees looking like tables
Some yukkuris not displaying proper behavior.
KyuuKyuu Hakutaku dying from it's own fire breath.
Kikkuri's graphic not being displayed properly.

And also additional modifications which include:

Moeizing the Kappa race. (Which will include changing thier sprites so they look more like the kappa mob from Wild and Horned Hermit.)
relooking at some youkai and animals.
Relook at some Touhous I was considering to place in the game.
Attempt, to solve any additional crash errors.

Also for anyone who's been following up on Touhou itself. Then you know two events have been revealed...

ZUN will be releasing a new Manga soon, and ZUN and Tasofro recently announced a Touhou game in production.

The manga will be "Forbidden Scrollery" which is expected to come out October 26th. Of course this'll mean new Touhou content will likely be added into the world of Suika Fortress if it'll behave under Df's mechanics...

The game that was announced was "Hopeless Masquerade" a Touhou fighter (Marked as 13.5 of the series) which Tasofro revealed they're rebuilding the entire fighting engine and graphics completely from scratch. This one will likely be in production for sometime so we will likely be waiting till sometime next year before we get something from this (and hopfully more Suika Fortress content)

There's more stuff I want to consider and plan for Suika Fortress, but for right now this'll serve as a start plan for things on my to do list.

Also production will likely be slow as I will be working between this, being a homeschool teacher, a janitor / cashier and working on Touhou Crawl for this year.

So yes, my schedule is rather thick. I will hopefully be able to manage it.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 02:19:05 pm by Totaku »

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: October 09, 2012, 03:14:15 pm »

Well the Suika Fortress Cross Forum game is offically over since everyone royally screwed over and got the BAD END to the game.
Didn't we sort of vote for a continue?

krisslanza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: October 09, 2012, 05:36:00 pm »

I imagine Tokatu won't be as involved as there isn't going to be the need to write up story and plot for it and such, I think.

Can I have your permission to use your Suika stuff in the Voile Fortress mod as another civ in the game?

Totaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: October 10, 2012, 12:27:01 am »

I imagine Tokatu won't be as involved as there isn't going to be the need to write up story and plot for it and such, I think.

Can I have your permission to use your Suika stuff in the Voile Fortress mod as another civ in the game?

What Krisslanza said is correct. I probably won't be involved too heavily since the story mode is over. I've tallied the votes and we're going to enter free mode for the game for the remaining years. I just haven't announce it yet and plan to in a day or two from now.

And yes, I'm going to turn my focus back on modding this. Since it's my pet project.

Also by all means Krisslanza, you may go ahead and use my stuff for you're mod. ^^ I've been looking over your mod and I'm actually interested in it. I personally like when others attempt to work on good Touhou themed mods. Like the fariy one from long ago and now this one. ^^

So yes go ahead just give credit where it's due.

krisslanza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: October 10, 2012, 05:24:48 am »

Thanks for the approval! Glad you like it, or at least are interested in it :P
Even if with each update it seems less Touhou-centric and more "I like Koakuma and all these other things are neat ideas too Fortress". But that's kinda wordy.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: October 12, 2012, 10:05:32 am »

So, as I have told Totaku, I'm currently working on the wiki entries for the mod.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: October 13, 2012, 02:35:34 pm »

So, how long until the stuff I PM'd you about will be fixed?

Totaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: October 14, 2012, 12:42:51 am »

So, how long until the stuff I PM'd you about will be fixed?

I've been slightly backlogged because of the virtual academy program that we have been trying to set up for my younger brother. Most of the day was spend rebuilding his room for his new school computer + school books + tools ,ect. I had been warned that this would become a big time consuming project. So I'm bracing for long periods where I may or may not have time to be around a computer simply because my brother will be eating up most of my time. (And I should double note, he's illiterate making my workload 2 fold.)

so it's going to be an up hill battle, but I will TRY to see if I can make some headway on it this week.

I mentioned about it earlier in my post that my workload has intensified at home. So I'm only going to be facing more tasks to do in my life.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: October 15, 2012, 12:50:35 pm »

I think I'm slowly starting to grasp tokens. That should help in making the pages :V

Totaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: October 17, 2012, 02:59:22 am »

That's good Wymar, it's always a good idea to understand how tokens work.

Anyways, my first order of business is done! I got Suika Fortress's story mode ready for archiving over at MotK. And have announced that the game will be continuing here on free mode till the year 126 (if we survive)

Also now this means, I will FINALLY be looking over Darvi (AKA Wymar) long list of things I need to change in the mod now. I'm debating if I should do a quick fix update or go through my standard of update cycles.

There are things I want to consider adding. I'll decide on it later....

krisslanza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: October 17, 2012, 08:50:04 am »

Update cycles are tricky things. At least, for me considering I've updated Voile with a LOT of tiny little things a lot...
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33