Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Would you be interested in different breeds of Sukusuku Hakutakus? (please reffer to post #330 [AKA page 23])

Yes, give us more animals!
- 23 (92%)
No, I rather take it easy!
- 2 (8%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 33

Author Topic: Suika Fortress V0.7.5 - Back, but also not quite  (Read 128920 times)

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
  • Horrors! Crundles in the caverns!
    • View Profile

Okay, I anticipated that there would be conflicts from the start - the thread is already made (Slowtaken, GET IT? Sadly I couldn't make Easytaken or Slowdone) so we have two options.

- Delay two weeks: fairly easy, I get two weeks to establish Slowtaken, we just put a notice up that says "DELAYED FOR TWO WEEKS DUE TO (x)". Hopefully those satisfied by the first game would sign up there for a second try.
- Merge, I don't have an account on the other site but we do already have some established stuff in the thread (a written prequel, an embarked fortress, a very flat location with promising amounts of hematite and a swarm of Myons that keeps coming around).

Either one is pretty easy for me, the thread is here and has no replies yet so we could implement either plan.
My wooden badge was delicious.

Totaku

• Bay Watcher
  • The little oni that strikes the earth
    • View Profile

Okay, I anticipated that there would be conflicts from the start - the thread is already made (Slowtaken, GET IT? Sadly I couldn't make Easytaken or Slowdone) so we have two options.

- Delay two weeks: fairly easy, I get two weeks to establish Slowtaken, we just put a notice up that says "DELAYED FOR TWO WEEKS DUE TO (x)". Hopefully those satisfied by the first game would sign up there for a second try.
- Merge, I don't have an account on the other site but we do already have some established stuff in the thread (a written prequel, an embarked fortress, a very flat location with promising amounts of hematite and a swarm of Myons that keeps coming around).

Either one is pretty easy for me, the thread is here and has no replies yet so we could implement either plan.

I'll be fair, and explain.... this is a bit off from what I had planned. You use a few ideas that I've use for my succession game, but at the same time, the way you and me do it are different.

I'll go into detail about what I do and what I plan to do.... since I aimed for it to be a surprise originally....

I usually start with a pre-game sign up, usually with my "quote" I uses as part of the introduction and usually give anywhere between a few days to a week for sign up.

Following that once enough players are on the table. I being the game and create a pre-story.

And to be honest I already had one cooked up. Cause I spend my time trying to explain in the most logical way how the world of Suika Fortress can apply to Gensokyo. So I actually have a back story I had planned when I was going to launch the thread (before you decided to jump in all of a sudden)

Then from there I create a theme for the game. I tend to favor themes that present true challenges that will truly test the player's skills.

From there, create a few maps that favor these themes. Then pick one, and decide on things... voting on supplies, skills ect.

Then finally.. start the game.

The one good thing is your game play rules are kinda simlalar to mine, but I favor one thing... attempts to make long running fortresses that last for 15-20.... then let all hell brake loose.

Oh and a generally randomize who goes first. :P and it's not usually me. I just set up the location ect. and I also allow specatators to get suikas named after them as well as the players. ^^;;

But yeah, I'm really detailed when I approach a succession game.

So what I was going you should do is... leave the thread be then redirect it to the new thread I'm planning up later this month.

Unless you really feel like you want to start a game. Though like I said, it would be better to have 1 game instead of 2. But I'm not going to stop you. Just letting you know what I was aiming to do.

Because I have to start a thread for this. And well I have done it yet for MotK's board. Because I need to finish all the preparations before that. These update I'm doing are specifically not just to make the game more fun, but to necessary for the "Suika Fortress Yearly Challnege" I hold at MotK, and now plan to hold a cross forum game here.

Now, time to cover some stuff...

Got my last surprise for this update ready....sort of....

It's Letty Whiterock, I decided that her attacks are kinda fit enough with the breath attacks that I let it roll by with the current system. Course I've run into some complications.... while her moves work the way they should... they aren't causing thier targets to suffer frostbite for some odd reason.... so I'm just going to let it slide for now and hopfully have a fix for it later... unless someone can find the solution for it before I launch this update.... tell you what...

The werid thing is... the lettykkuri can cause frostbite, but letty can't.... what gives....
Let me dump Letty's info..
Spoiler: Letty's creature file (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Frost extract (click to show/hide)

Can anyone figure out why this is happening?

Edit: Screw that, I found the problem myself! So I'm about to upload it! hold on!
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 10:22:08 am by Totaku »
That's one small step for man, one giant leap for Otakukind!

And maker of the mod in progress known as Suika Fortress Now for 0.34.xx!

Totaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Time for a new update folks!

Suika Fortress 0.7.35!

This update mainly consist of a few unique measures I took to add some special uniqueness in the necromancer system and zombie system. so you'll now have to content with wicked hermits, jiangshi. And also deal with characters like Seiga, Yoshika and possibly Letty wrecking your fort since I'm adding new challenging idea onto the plate.

So here's the update summary.
V0.7.35
Seiga Kaku and Miyako Yoshika have been added with a nice functioning necromancer and zombie engine to fit their personalities! General (wicked) hermits have been added along with Jiangshi. Seigakkuris can now use Necromancery magic. Letty Whiterock has been added for Frozen fun. Kogasakkuris and Orinkkuirs have changed their locations. Designed a new Medium world region suitable for Suika Fortress needs.

Now.. I got about roughly 13 days before the 15th.... I want to aim to get everything done by then. But the date of when I want to hold the "Yearly Suika Fortress Challengemay vary... we'll have to see....

There's alot on my plate here I need to finish before I can begin the yearly challenge.

I've decided to just simply release the whole list instead of breaking it in segments since I seem to have made some confusion earlier on....

So here's the to do list:
Were-creature experiment: Need this for Yukeines and one more PC-98 yukkuri I held off from adding.
Create Orin: Make her speedy and summon ghost faries
Create Cirno: Make her speedy and use ice breath related skills that can freeze you literally.
Create Keine: Assuming the were engine will prevent her from going insane.... (not aiming to make her a megabeast, but more adventure mode oriented)
Create Remilia: Destructive close range combatant and very tough fighter...though since I've looked at the vampire system it may be iffy at the moment. <may cut to speed time>
Create Flandre: Read Remilia, same reasons <may cut to speed time>
Create Miko: Straight forward charater for now. Will have high sense, but decent combat skills, but that's about it. (Adventure mode oriented) <may cut to speed time>
Create Futo: Like Miko, but fling fireballs to fit her character. (Adventure mode oriented) <may cut to speed time>
Create Mamizou: Polymoph skills seem to have unique wonders I hear I want to make her go and sneak in your fort to guzzle your booze. :P
Create Nue: Kinda like Mamizou, but instead, much more viscous and aggressive.
Create Yuyuko: Debating on her, since I'm not sure I can make her feel like Yuyuko completely... may drop her.... <may cut to speed time>
Create Sukusuku Hakutaku breeds: I have about 20-30 of them in my list I want to make. All with unique features to them to make them stand out.
Create Mofujis: A request from Stuffman, they make perfect replacements for Laamas and Alpacas!

So yeah, big list to cover in a few weeks. Here's hoping for the best!
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 11:28:16 am by Totaku »

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
  • Horrors! Crundles in the caverns!
    • View Profile

Yeah!

So I'll just put that game on hold for at least a month - it's not like I have any upcoming time limits and that way I can enjoy the new releases :D
My wooden badge was delicious.

Totaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I decided to work on were-transformations today. I got Keine, Singyoukkuris and yukkines on my list....

I've already begun expeirmenting with yukkienes to see if thier were hakutaku forms work and go through a cycle in which I have been very successful at doing. But there's also a lot I don't know about were transformations at the time...

Most important one centers around the yukkienes. My concern with them is in regards of thier child form and adult forms transforming in said were forms in respective forms. I actually question if that is ever remotely posssible in this state.... I rather know the truth than waste playing several months in a fortress time run cause if it turns out they just change into adult forms. Then I'll just move straight to Keine and SinGyoukukuris.

The good news about this even if turns out were-yukkienes can't change how I want them too? I can use this code for Keine and Singoyukkuris no problem.

Edit: Found out they do maintain their forms upon transformation! So all is right with the world.... I hope....

Your Yukkenies will now transform into were-yukkeines now and back in approximately 1 day.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 10:45:55 am by Totaku »

Totaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ok here's the news for today.

I've been working on Keine for a bit and I managed to get her nearly finished up. But I've run into a problem.... something is causing her to crash the game and I don't know what it is. I'm hoping that whatever it is isn't related to her skills, because if it is, I may have some complications on releasing her depending on the skills that are causing her the problem.... I am currently cracking down on the problem piece by piece to see if I can unravel the answer. once I clear up the issue, than hopfully I can move on to Singyoukkuris....

Which I'm currently going to ask, how often should I make it transform...between it's yin-yang orb form, female form, and male form. Some fokes from MotK suggested every 3 days DF time length.

But I like some extra feedback on this, if any.

Edit: Fixed the problem! She's now working and I've tested her so I'm moving on to Singyokkuris.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 12:35:17 pm by Totaku »

Totaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Keine works and the Singyokkuri works too now.

As of this point all the characters are functioning the way they are which means I can now finish up this update with the sprites and finalized tweaking in the tags.

The release should be up later today. Which I will bump again, when I announce it.

Totaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And I'm done, I've managed to get Singyoukkuri to work in proper order and behave accordingly.

There will change forms every few days. This is in order to give you all enough time to kill it between forms since it auto heals with every change.

Keine and yukkeines change forms real briefly for one day....

Beyond that, this pretty much sums up the update in a nutshell. So here you go!
Suika Fortress 0.7.4

Next targets are Cirno and Orin.

Edit: I've decided I'm going to probably put Nue and Mamizou on low prioirty ATM.

The biggest part of the project... (the Sukusuku Hakutakus) need to be completed before the July 15th deadline. If I have time before this I will see about add them. But otherwise, don't expect anything till after the yearly challenge.

Edit: Well what you know! Somehow all my Myons and animated fairies are missing! Looks like I'll be relooking at this problem since this has resurfaced...
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 04:31:03 pm by Totaku »

Totaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Welp another update is ready! So....

Suika Fortress 0.7.45

Here's the summary:
V0.7.45
Added Orin and Cirno, fixed up earth spirits and zombie fairies that seem to have gone MIA. Also fixed some weird script errors involving hell cats laying eggs (what?) and hell ravens reproducing like mammals.

Just so you know, I need someone to go in and test Orin in DF mode. I need to know if her transformations work properly. So make sure Orin lives and go make her attack your fort.

Other than that... need to continue working....

I'm pretty much now down to my last things on the high priority list!

Mofumofus and Sukusuku Hakutakus! This one will be bigger of an update compared to the rest.

From there, it'll come down to balancing and getting things ready by July 15th!

I've decided to toss out Mamizou, Nue, Yuyuko, Remillia and FLandre for now due to complications and to ensure I can meet the deadline.

They will be handled sometime later after the Suika Fortress Yearly Challenge or held off till later releases by Toady....

I will cover details about this one after work tonight...

Totaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Suika Fortress V0.7.45 - Cross forum game planned for July 15!
« Reply #444 on: July 07, 2012, 11:19:45 am »

Ok here's how I'll explain about how this update will roll....

The Sukusuku Hakutaku  / Mofumofu update

This update will be the second to last update before the July 15th. What I'm aiming to do for the this one will be to add a nice variety of critters that some people wanted to have added in.

One being the Sukusuku Hakutaku breeds that were mentioned many pages ago. Each sukusuku hakutaku is going to be unique in some special way, some good, other bad. You have to determine how you can ultilize them... and before you ask, yes, they will all be exotic pets that you can make into war animals exception of maybe one or two.

Some of them include:

PadoPado Hakutaku - Sakuya based
Bakabaka Hakutaku - Cirno based
Mofumofu Hakutaku - Ran based
ParuParu Hakutaku - Parsee based
SatoSato Hakutaku - Satori based
Kurukuru Hakutaku - Hina based
KyuuKyuu hakutaku - Flandre based
Koa-Koa Hakutaku - Koakuma based
TenkoTenko Hakutaku - Tenshi based
NyanNyan Hakutaku - Seiga based
Orinrin Hakutaku - Orin based
NuenNuen Hakutaku - Nue based
KanaKana Hakutaku - Kanako based
MokoMoko-Hakutaku - Moukou based

I think those are all the ones I had on the list. I wanted to make them uinque from one and only be found in certain locations. So I think you get the idea where this is going...

Now what's this mofumofu stuff you say?

Well the idea started when stuffman said this would be a good idea so I rode with it! Because it gave me a door of opprotunity to replace some animals.

the Mofuji will pretty much replace the alpacas and llamas, but will share the same mechanics as them.

Also another creature I'm considering adding thanks to E-Nazrin's suggestion is, the Mofuling.... a giagantic wolly panda like creature that share some meiling resemblances. It'll be pretty much what I call a giant panda as a semi megabeast. Nothing special about it, to be honest, but it'll allow for more fur in your world, assuming you have the right stuff to take care of it...

But yes, as of this point I have 16 critters to work on here. I'm open for suggestions, but I will be mainly fixing to wind this down and get it packaged up.

This release will be 0.7.49 when it comes out.... why?

I'm saving one final component change that I'll release on the day of the Suika Fortress Yearly Challenge. But otherwise it's to take time to look at the update and see if I can find any more bugs or balance fixes that need to be settled.

So in other words 0.7.5 will be released on the day of the yearly challenge so that all participants can download them and prepare as they will all be soon participating in the game itself.

So once I make the community game, the release should be out.  I got 8 days to get it ready. I think I can do it!

I'll update as I continue to reveal stuff.

Totaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: July 09, 2012, 11:14:06 am »

The madness is almost over folks!

0.7.49 is soon going to be on the horizon!

As of today, the sukusuku hakutakus and mofumofus are done and ready to be tested! Once I know everything is working, I'll move on to spriting which should be simple work since I already have a sukusuku hakutaku that I can use as a base template!

Once the sprites are done I shall release 0.7.49 and will be asking everyone to test to ensure everything is working right.

This because the final update before the Suika Fortress Yearly Challenge will center around fixing some bugs and adding in one extra piece of content. It'll be for a creature that I need to fix to serve it's purpose better (you may already know what I'm talking about)

I say the update should be done within a day or two (unless something goes horribly wrong). So get ready to do some testing folks!

EDIT: Arena tests complete and changes made to them accordingly.... It's sprite work time!
PS. I'm locking the poll as it is no longer needed.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 12:20:10 pm by Totaku »

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: July 10, 2012, 07:35:47 am »

Where can we sign up for the Suika Fortress Yearly Challenge? I think I'd like a turn when it goes up.
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

Totaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Suika Fortress V0.7.49 - Cross forum game planned for July 15!
« Reply #447 on: July 10, 2012, 10:14:14 am »

I will start with the update, then follow up with questions regarding the events and so forth afterward and explain where I go from here...

Welp, I'm done now. All these little critters are ready to roll!

Suika Fortress 0.7.49 is now up!

Suika Fortress 0.7.49 Mac Version
(Note: if downloads prove to be good enough I'll probably make another upload link at DFFD for easier access)

Here's some quick info about the update:
V.0.7.49
Added in 14 Sukusuku Hakutaku breeds all with unique features. replaced Llamas and Alpacas with Mofujis, and added in a Mofuling, a semi megabeast panda like creaute. Bug testing will be needed!

Now on to the questions..

Where can we sign up for the Suika Fortress Yearly Challenge? I think I'd like a turn when it goes up.

I will launch a thread on July the 15th which will appear at the bay 12 community game board. From there you will need to express intrerest in participating so I can add you to the list.

From there once I get enough players, or another time passes, I'll go through the regular procedures that I've done yearly. Mainly set up locations, vote on areas to go, difficulty, ect. Then from decide on supplies, ect, and randomize who will go first!

What will also make this different is this will be a cross forum community experiement! Invovling 2 forums. MotK (the birth place of the Suika Fortress yearly challenge) and Bay 12 (The birth place of Dwarf Fortress that inspired me to create Suika Fortress. I'll be putting together the rules for this stuff over the course of the week and have them prepared by the 15th. As well as make a few final tweaks.

I hope this explains what your looking for...

Where I go from here

I got one more update up my sleeve before the yearly challenge. Tweaking, bug testing, and adding in some really small stuff. It's probably not important, but in the long run it might be. It won't be anything over the top. I'm going to probably work on work on this quitely for the next few days and also add in a few other things while I prepare how I will construct the Suika Fortress yearly challenge thread itself.

The main point I'm getting here is that I want to take the next few days to clean, balance and get everything running tip top shape for the forum game.

Once 0.7.5 is released. There will be no more releases till after the Suika Fortress yearly challenge is over.

So yes, I still have things I want to throw in, but for right now, what I have should be absolutely sufficient for the game up ahead.

Anyways, time to look through the entire raw list once more...
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 10:32:49 am by Totaku »

Totaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Suika Fortress V0.7.5 RC1 - Cross forum game planned for July 15!
« Reply #448 on: July 12, 2012, 01:05:08 pm »

Looks like I have a change of plans folks cause it appears there been a load of sprite related errors that no one found except for me.... so I've decided today I'm going to change one part of my plan.

I'm releasing a RC of 7.5.

More or less when I'm using the term RC this is in terms of that this is a rough finalization of the mod in my case for this update.

So I guess you guys get lucky and get a early sneak peak of the 0.7.5 release for the mod...

Suika Fortress 0.7.5 RC1 Update
PC Version
Mac Version

Pretty much tweaks just as I mentioned, I'm just surpriused though that NO ONE has said anything regarding the sprite errors like asking... "Hey Totaku, why are the fish chunks of meat?"

The answer to that is, they're aren't suppose to be, that was a mistake on my part.

Anyways lemme go ahead and give you the notes for the update:

Fixed up Nuenue Hakutaku's morphing, made Ibarakkuris deal some more decent damage to undead creatures (I think, needs testing), fixed up a LOAD of sprite errors, fixed up some creatures that had spelling errors.

Yeah hopefully I cleaned it out well enough that I can being an experimental run with this since the Suika Fortress Yearly Challenge begins in 3 day from now.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 01:22:00 pm by Totaku »

Totaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Suika Fortress V0.7.5 RC1 - Cross forum game planned for July 15!
« Reply #449 on: July 12, 2012, 03:33:55 pm »

I seem to have noticed something disturbing.... the whole game has somehow messed up on a massive level. And I'm not too sure what's causing it.

It's a game crashing bug that could practically kill the Suika Fortress Yearly challenge if it isn't solved right away!

More or less world gen is crashing VERY frequently. And causing a large scale problem and when it does successfully load it continues show additional problems.

Also mongooese and Nitorikkuri megabeasts (Which they aren't supposed to).... that cause the game to crash. I'm not sure what the exact cause of this is. But it's a very serious one.

I am in need of serious assistance here if I am get the Suika Fortress yearly challenge done on time. I haven't run into such an extreme complication before.

For anyone who can find the problem please let me know cause this does have me a bit concerned.

In the mean time, I will be looking to try to stamp out the problem as well...

What I need ATM: Raws  that go back to at least V 7.3
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 04:16:15 pm by Totaku »

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 33