Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Would you be interested in different breeds of Sukusuku Hakutakus? (please reffer to post #330 [AKA page 23])

Yes, give us more animals!
- 23 (92%)
No, I rather take it easy!
- 2 (8%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 33

Author Topic: Suika Fortress V0.7.5 - Back, but also not quite  (Read 129038 times)

Rinnosuke

• Bay Watcher
  • Mister Mannosuke
    • View Profile
Re: Suika Fortress UPDATED- V0.7 or V7 10 Desires yukkuris and Inabas everywhere!
« Reply #315 on: February 15, 2012, 07:11:42 pm »

So i can expect Laby to be ten times harder now. Well thats going to be a barrel of "Fun"

Totaku

• Bay Watcher
  • The little oni that strikes the earth
    • View Profile
Re: Suika Fortress UPDATED- V0.7 or V7 10 Desires yukkuris and Inabas everywhere!
« Reply #316 on: February 16, 2012, 01:25:06 am »

Yukkuris are done now. Now all the remains is Evil Eye Sigma,  Yuugan Magen and those animals in my to do list.

Once I put them together I'll be doing some Arena mode testing and adjusting to make sure they meet their expectations. They all need to come out just right since I want them to be a challenge to the player.

Also once this entire process is complete I'll release this version before beginning on the 0.34.01 transfer which will likely be a slow process as I explained before cause I'll have to make sure everything meets up with the version's expectations and nothing gets screwed over in the process.
That's one small step for man, one giant leap for Otakukind!

And maker of the mod in progress known as Suika Fortress Now for 0.34.xx!

Rinnosuke

• Bay Watcher
  • Mister Mannosuke
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: February 16, 2012, 08:23:48 am »

Totaku i need your advice. Should i download Suika Fortress again now or wait untill you have finished with the update. Also are Evil Eye Sigma and Yuugen Magen going to be something like a Legendary or Forgotten Beast or whatever they are

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: February 16, 2012, 08:47:43 am »

I'd be thoroughly disappointed if EEΣ wasn't a megabeast.

Totaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: February 16, 2012, 08:58:06 am »

Totaku i need your advice. Should i download Suika Fortress again now or wait untill you have finished with the update. Also are Evil Eye Sigma and Yuugen Magen going to be something like a Legendary or Forgotten Beast or whatever they are

Well Evil Eye Sigma and Yuugen Magen were aimed to be Megabeasts from the beginning along with two other yukkuris I've put together. So yes they are suppose to be Megabeast.

Also I would say do whatever you feel like. If you want your Suika Fortress now, go download it. I'm in the middle of testing things and that could take a day- a few days depending on the extent of work I have to deal with while modding this properly. I'm trying to make sure right now that all the creatures function properly so that the experience will be worth while.

Rinnosuke

• Bay Watcher
  • Mister Mannosuke
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: February 16, 2012, 08:59:19 am »

Evil Eye Sigma + Megabeast = Alot of "Fun"  I think this equation explains it really good and suddenly i am getting visions of tiny little suika's running in fear from a massive flying tank that has already destroyed most of the fortress only for it to go underground after the Suika's who have proceeded to start a cave in crushing it. Eventually the Suika's dig there way out using spoons and come across the Suika Fortress version of an Elephant and then it is Boatmurdered all over again

Also i was ninja'd

Totaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: February 16, 2012, 10:53:09 am »

Now I've been busy conducting Arena testing to ensure they function the way they should.

So far the results are very promising!

Just look at all those yukkuri and Suika corpses laying all over the place! And the floor painted with such a lovely color of beanpaste and blood.

I think I made things very promising. I only have a few more arena test to go through then it'll be onward to finish the remaining items(Things like remaining yukkuri behavior tests and Rukkuto's explosion burn length and world gen experimenting). 7 item remain in the works.... then I'll release the next Suika Fortress update.

Rinnosuke

• Bay Watcher
  • Mister Mannosuke
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: February 16, 2012, 11:00:49 am »

Thats very good news and i think i'll wait till the update is done before downloading. Also i think this will get some more attention because of all the recent activity in the posts

Totaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: February 16, 2012, 01:04:32 pm »

Rukkuto explosion test is complete!

Also had to opt to make Ruukutokkuri's bodies copper instead of iron because it was too OP.
I've also just finished up the remain yukkuri tests that I was conducting. So now I'm down to my last 7 remaining procedure to complete.

Mainly these include:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This process is likely to be done between a day -two days based on my estimation.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 01:08:56 pm by Totaku »

Rinnosuke

• Bay Watcher
  • Mister Mannosuke
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: February 16, 2012, 01:11:58 pm »

Why do i get the feeling that my first encounter with Sarielkurri is going to be "Fun"

Edit: Also i take it that you aren't creating a Yuukakurri when she was in her pink pyjamas
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 05:27:16 pm by Rinnosuke »

Totaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: February 17, 2012, 10:35:44 am »

Why do i get the feeling that my first encounter with Sarielkurri is going to be "Fun"

Edit: Also i take it that you aren't creating a Yuukakurri when she was in her pink pyjamas
Why would I considering that she's the same yuuka you fight in the next stage?

Anyways, finished up construction of Evil Eye Sigma, turned out constructing a metal based creature took more work than I orginally expected. I had to actually sit down and look at the bronze collusus to determine how I could make it killable. Because before hand, I made it too powerful and unable to die. Thankfully, arena test really help with this process.

Only a few more tests to go. Could have it up today if nothing gets in the way like this.

Rinnosuke

• Bay Watcher
  • Mister Mannosuke
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: February 17, 2012, 10:51:11 am »

I was just wondering and i wish you well on your quest of getting the upddate out

Totaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: February 17, 2012, 02:00:49 pm »

Animal behaviors coded, now on the final stretch:

Finalizing, world generating and sprite configuring. I'm going to estimate it'll be an additional 3 or so hours before I can pull out the release. Depending on how many things happen around here.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 02:08:41 pm by Totaku »

Totaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Suika Fortress V0.7.2 - PC-98 Yukkuris galore and other creatures!
« Reply #328 on: February 17, 2012, 06:11:58 pm »

I've done enough testing and I can offically say that Suika Fortress 0.7.2 is finally out!
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=1601
Here's the summary of what I have reported in the update.
V.0.7.2 Decided to use the decimal system as of this point. Anyways, this update is a big one as it contains a boat load of yukkuris. All from the PC-98 series. Starting form Reimu based yukkuris from PC-98 and going through all the humanoid charaters turned yukkuri from Touhou games 1-5. I've also included Evil Eye Sigma, and Yuugan Magan in addition to the those I've even put in some animals that have appered in the Touhou universe, such as Dapengs, Tsuchinokos, sake bugs and the like. I manged to replace a few of the other in game animals in the process. Do expect this time to be even more challenging compared to before...

This update is for Dwarf Fortress 0.31.25.

As of right now, I've completed what I had planned for 0.31.25, and with 0.34.01 being out already.

I shall begin on my next stage of production.

Transfering all the content I've worked on from 0.31.25 to 0.34.01.

This next update will be a simple transfer update so I can get in pace with the other mods.

Once that is complete I will move on to my next stage of work which I will discuss here when the time is right. I do however have a poll I want to put up soon for everyone to get thier feedback on an idea I was give that I liked and wanted additional feedback on. It'll be posted after work.

Also I want to also remind you. Your feedback is very important to me since I'm looking for direction and ideas to keep this going. As I think there can always be a chance I missed something or a bug slipped through the works. So please let me know your feedback regarding the mod.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 06:15:37 pm by Totaku »

Rinnosuke

• Bay Watcher
  • Mister Mannosuke
    • View Profile
Re: Suika Fortress V0.7.2 - PC-98 Yukkuris galore and other creatures!
« Reply #329 on: February 17, 2012, 07:19:19 pm »

This is great news and i am definatly going to download it tomorrow when i wake up and first thing i am going to do is go on a hunt for the Pc-98 Yukkurri to see how many i can find. And possibly the Meiling Yukkurri which continues to elude me oh so much along with most other Yukkuri's
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 33