Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17

Author Topic: Treasure sounds alot like Treachery Remake (Turn Four)  (Read 11391 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: Treasure sounds alot like Treachery Remake (Sign Ups!)
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2009, 03:22:28 am »

Can I make the map?
I like using ASCIIdraw.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2009, 04:10:03 am »

Also it would help if he posted the symbols he's using for things in the game. That way some clever person doesn't take the trap symbol as his character.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2009, 04:10:40 am »

It's DF symbols obviously :P

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2009, 04:11:58 am »

How do people form alliances?
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2009, 04:30:52 am »

Name: Maximilian
Class: Marksman
Weapon: Crossbow (duh)
Symbol: Blue omega
« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 04:40:52 am by Luke_Prowler »

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2009, 04:38:55 am »

That was my suggestion, basically a system where you can create teams and allow players on the same team to walk through each other, also a system to automatically eject a player from a alliance if they break a rule.
Basically it boils down to a rule that would allow for a player to say who they allow to walk through their square. As you would in real life, allow someone to get pass if you trust them.

As for forming an alliance you could just in a post say: "I propose the formation of Tacken's loyal followers, places are limited to 4 and Strife has an immediate reservation"  or something along those lines. Other players can join, and you can direct them as you wish.

Later on, say Strife and the other three members get sick of your reign, they can mutiny by agreeing in post and to form a new alliance without you in it.

I reckon something along those lines would be cool if we can make a system that would require minimum GM input.

The other option is to keep it so that nobody can cross any other players squares and alliances are simply just people agreeing not to kill each other. Nothing official. This would be easier for the GM, but can get a bit confusing when players who don't want to kill each other try to move as a group.

Wimdit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2009, 06:04:51 am »

Oh ye gods I remember doing this!

Name: Admiral Fishhook
Weapon: Sword
Class: Warrior
Symbol: ¿

The admiral is a distant and mysterious character with a long, salt-encrusted and straggly beard, perpetually old and dishevelled but somehow not yet dead. It has been speculated that he has been pursuing his lifestyle - that is, fighting for those who pay him - for hundreds of years, or even eternity. He is extremely protective of his distinctive hat, which he wears at all times; once, when he was blind drunk, someone made an ill-conceived attempt to steal it from him. He flew into a rage, screaming 'I'm not a captain anymore! This hat is mine! I'm an admiral!' Nobody has tried to steal it since, and he has refused to discuss the incident.

I like AFD's suggestion about spawn points, because walking was really boring in the before-time. Random events are also doublethumbsup.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2009, 06:58:54 am »

Oh it's this again.  ;D Well as previous GM, some tips for Org. ASCII-paint>Dfpaint, as the save function is very useful. Save each turn as a seperate layer and then just edit and screenshot as needed. My previous games used DFpaint which doesn't have a save function so i had to do time consuming layer for each movable object and stuffs in GIMP, then exporting as that. Also as you probably know, both of my previous games ended with me not having enough time or just getting fed up with the work.

Also for the reference, how things worked in the previous game, was 2fort style capture the flag at it's worst :p
http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=31390.0

Org if you want I am willing to co-GM with you, but don't feel obliged to say yes. For example writing up the horrific fight scene messages.

Edit- Moar discussions:

Last game, most of the time was spent walking around with no action or camping. After a player gets so close and then dies having to restart at their spawn, they will tend to not bother. Spawn points maybe an idea?  You also might want to include the alliance mechanic of the game where players can sign up with an official list to join an alliance. The advantages of such alliance? You are able to walk through players of that alliance making it easier to work as a team (or backstab your team members). As for entry, the alliance founder will have the say and can also make rules and direct players of the alliance. If you kill a fellow member you are automatically ejected from said alliance unless unless the founder says otherwise. PMs are free to send so mutiny is always another option.
I also like the idea of random events. Say when the unholy gem is picked up, players will generally be camping set areas in order to prevent the gem holder from escaping. Maybe instead we have the gem trigger a secret passageway open up or other passageway close. Trigger tiles can also be set up to change how the arena exists.

To answer Leo's questions I'm not speaking for Org and don't want to ruin the GM experience for him, but this is how it worked in the previous game:
-The crossbow shots missed if they missed,
-Hmm, i don't remember the mechanic gaining the mechanism but that would be a nice feature
- The mechanism is set under his feet
- All mechanisms were removed once the mechanic died, so this was never an issue.
- Well i can't remember what happened there.
- In my last game if a trap was used it was removed from the map.

To Org if you want me to fuck off and let you handle this, please tell me too. No offense would be taken as it is your game and you are OP.
No, thats fine. Always nice for someone who has done this before.  ;D

Might change the map a bit, but it is more like the first map.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2009, 07:34:56 am »

awww...
I wanted to make a map.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2009, 07:37:47 am »

WHOOOO its back!

Name: Ace (the immortal)
Weapon: Whip
Class: Mage
Symbol: ♠

Ace traded his spear for a whip. He is immune to crossbowfire. He charges head-on into any conflict, and emerges victorious against all odds. Likes large amounts of other peoples' blood, splashing around as he flays them into a painful death.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2009, 09:03:26 am »

My symbol is now Ö

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2009, 12:28:58 pm »

But ... you didn't want the ASCII seal symbol?
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2009, 07:43:20 pm »

Sorry Siquo, unless I change the map, I can only have 10 players.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2009, 08:34:56 pm »

Wait! Thats all the players!
Spoiler: Players (click to show/hide)
I need symbols for everyone else! We are going to stat when that is done!

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile

I must request all characters who have speed boosting equipment be placed near the back and all the slow ones be placed close to the artifact. You know, to prevent a quick character from running ahead without opposition.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17