Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17

Author Topic: Treasure sounds alot like Treachery Remake (Turn Four)  (Read 11382 times)

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile

I must request all characters who have speed boosting equipment be placed near the back and all the slow ones be placed close to the artifact. You know, to prevent a quick character from running ahead without opposition.
Maybe.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile

I think it should be entirely random.

Or that you need to touch a base at one end in order to be able to slip through a door into the gem room. That way everyone has to go at least the full length of the map once.

Also, AWWW I was hoping the map would be revealed as people moved through it.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile

I must request that people with halberds have their damage put lower when a person is within a square of them!
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile

I didn't think you could even attack someone with your pike if he were adjacent. Clarify Org?
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If you can attack adjacent, does the attacker also get strikethrough?
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Wimdit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Moot point. If you were adjacent you could simply move back as part of your move.

Unless you were in a dead end, of which there are a couple. That's a good point actually - it doesn't say so in the rules, but if you're backed into a corner with a long weapon you should probably suffer a massive penalty to your roll.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And a smaller one if in a multiple tile wide corridor, or room.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile

It looks like there are some good spots where you could get stuck if you had a pike.

Then again, the pikeman should get a hit on incoming attackers before they get to him if they approach through the square he faces. But that gets complicated. And it's actually accounted for already if you give him full pike value on people who step up and attack.

Maybe if he's attacked in melee without someone stepping up he just uses 1d3 like a crosbowman fighting in melee?

I dunno. Seems like the cleanest way would be to let him use full value anytime, but he can't initiate an attack adjacent. That would still let him get bottled up by someone but he could get real lucky on the defensive roll.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile

I didn't think you could even attack someone with your pike if he were adjacent. Clarify Org?
You can, but how about you have -3, as you have to use it like a quaterstaff...
If you can attack adjacent, does the attacker also get strikethrough?
?

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

-----------------
|+++B#*++++++
-----------------

B = has the pike
# = gets hit with it.
* = has a chance to also be hit with it.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile

My symbol shall be a .
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Treasure sounds alot like Treachery Remake (Sign Ups!)
« Reply #41 on: November 10, 2009, 07:31:38 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
What are the yellow and brown things? I'm guessing red is the artifact.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile

Seeing as he said he is using DF symbols, I assume brown things are traps and the yellow things are statues. Now I just need to wonder what the levers do. And not something mundane like opening the doors to the artifact. Something... dangerous.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile

I believe the yellow crosses are the starting points, and the statue yellow bits are statues.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile

Ok, if a pikeman strikes a dude who is standing at a distance of 2 (that is, with one empty space between them), does the defender get a chance to kill the pikeman? At no point does the defender come within range using his weapons unless he also uses a pike.

Second, it looks like pikemen get to hit diagonally, is movement diagonally counted as 2 spaces? Can swordsmen hit diagonally?

EDIT: Looks like you cannot move diagonally at all. Question about hitting diagonally with short weapons stands though.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 10:19:53 am by LeoLeonardoIII »
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17