Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16

Author Topic: BYOR-The ExKirby Version-Night 2!  (Read 17772 times)

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR-The ExKirby Version-Day 2, Lylo. Maybe.
« Reply #150 on: November 13, 2009, 11:56:21 pm »

Everyone lynches too fast...

Or No Lynches too fast.

The hammer for No Lynch went too fast. Hammers isn't that great with this few people, as bandwagons quickly lead to hammers. This leads to lack of discussion. =/
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: November 13, 2009, 11:59:36 pm »

Okay, let's be quiet. If it's been hammer, then we need to stop.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #152 on: November 14, 2009, 05:53:34 am »

Yes, to confirm, we DID hit a No Lynch hammer in there. Therefor, the day is OVER.

I can't be bothered with awesome flavor text, so you'll just have to do it yourself.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR-The ExKirby Version-Night 2!
« Reply #153 on: November 15, 2009, 06:55:49 am »

I think I'll call that a night. I can't be bothered with PMs, and all that happened was killing. So, to be short, Kashyyk and Leafsnail ended up dead.

H. Jass enters the full room, now containing 5 dead bodies. So in theory, that should make 3 townies and 3 scum, right? Wrong. You see, there was a tattoo on Leafsnail's body, that showed irregular activity-namely, cult. Looking at the stats, assuming that the town lynch a mafia member, the game is STILL winnable for the cult. But basically, the town are scrwed. I'll need 4 to lynch, but I can see speedlynching going on here...

Leafsnail
Quote from: Leafsnail
You are an awesome moderator on the IncrediBots forums. Going on the grounds that you're not scum doing the nightkill, you get a nightkill of your own.

Kashyyk
Quote from: Ur-Quan Battleship
You are a battleship. Not really, but you are the captain. During the night, you can kill someone. Simple =3
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

PrinnyBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: November 15, 2009, 07:37:04 am »

I... well I guess that explains night 0, slightly. If there's a mafia, which is pretty much guaranteed, then we haven't killed any of them thus far. That's BAD, given the math, we'd be dealing with... 3 cultists? 1 starter, 1 night 0, 1 night 1, and 1 night 2, and one of them is Leaf, who is dead. Past that, we apparently have a mafia separately, so... math... one moment...

Minimum 1 townie, 3 cultists, 2 mafians, or perhaps 3 cultists, 3 mafians... or I dunno. ((Maybe 2 townie, 3 cultist, 1 mafian depending on who was recruited, but that wouldn't make sense for ExKirb to announce what he did then.)) Can't be the second one, cause then the maf would win, so we have to have had mafians converted at some point, right? It would have to be 2 townies, 2 cultists, 2 mafians, wouldn't it? We haven't seen any cultists die until now, so I'm guessing that someone's been recruited every night, and we obviously haven't seen any mafians, so their numbers are likely quite large still, but we can't have 3 cultists without causing some sort of math problem...

... Ugh, this is confusing me. I kind of want to have the easy way out ((Getting added to one of the teams)) and yet... wow.

Okay, Dak, I suspect you first, and probably Web and Zai if I had to call anyone for the mafia, as for cultists... I guess we have to have one of those people converted, so still you, web and zai again as our second/third/fourth cultist. I guess now we have to figure out what we're doing from this point. Hmmm...

Hmmm, Kash was one of the two I mentioned when I talked about having watched whoever visited Janus... argh, as for Leaf, that came from nowhere personally, he was kind of lurking I think.

Last thing I'll have to ask is; Is there no way for the town to win? No possibility? Am I going to end up being like, choosing between scum and cultists to vote on? Given the flips thus far, I feel like I'm pretty much screwed to be fair. -_- Kirb, are the cultists like the ones I've played with before where killing the original kills them all?

Dang, now I'm reminded of world of darkness... Heh. "You can't trust anyone. But that doesn't mean you can choose not to play their game."

((Is currently wishing he had Vig powers, or a survivor role, or something. If I had realized there was a cult, I might have gotten my data a bit more organized...))

((Is going to hang back, if only because it's not worth the effort of bothering to vote. To be honest, I suspect a couple people... Meh, as they play where I come from.))

Alright, I suspected either Kash or Dak had to be mafian originally if there were mafians. Now, we know there're cultists, but regardless; we know Kash isn't cultist/Mafian, and based on that, Dak is probably one of the two. Probably mafian personally.

Beyond that, I believe that Zai and web are both scum, but really... I'm terrible at backing up suspicions. I can't really explain. I guess web is simple enough, based on what I feel is an odd claimed power, and well, antics. Although in this type of game, entirely a reasonable series of actions. At the same time, he seems more the type to play for lulz a little, so I dunno just how likely he is to be scum. I'd say rather likely, but not the most likely. Zai... I can't explain. I have instincts, I wish I could leave it at that. When I wake up tomorrow, I'll try and explain it I guess.

Yea, here's a post I should probably not be making given my mental state, and that I'm about to go sleep, and should probably have done so a long time ago, but here goes. I doubt it makes a difference based on what's been said anyway.

Well, here goes. Screw checking over my post- Time to find my own path, however it works out.

((... Maybe I should've tried playing for lulz actually. I feel I went in a little too serious, and now at the end I want to be serious still.))
I hope someone may note the type I so enjoy, the style I love to play via by my more subtle ploy...

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: November 15, 2009, 07:39:29 am »

What is this I don't even

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: November 15, 2009, 08:15:24 am »

LEaf, you DIED. Please refrain from posting while you are dead.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: November 15, 2009, 09:37:14 am »

I know who a scum is now rawr! pain in the ass that I'm dead.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: November 15, 2009, 10:35:51 am »

Okay, so...Either Web or Dak is scum. I'm leaning towards Dak right now. 2 of our (now) known killers are apparently dead now. We know that Kashyyk and Dak both tried to kill Janus. That leaves Leafsnail and Web for that other kill Night 1. But Web was blocked or something, so that leaves Leafsnail for the other kill. Since neither Kashyyk nor Leafsnail were scum, that leaves Dak and/or Web for the scum killer. But if Web's the scum killer, then the scum really lucked out Night 1, aside from Web's kill being blocked.

However, please do not speed-hammer. I'm going to post that post I wrote after the hammer went through yesterday. But that's saved on my other computer, which I'll get to later.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: November 15, 2009, 12:01:56 pm »

You forgot another option guys:  full cult, no mafia, all bastard.

A cult is potentially more powerful than mafia all by themselves, thanks to their convert conversion.  They are hard to read, cause all of your scumhunting to fail (what was town D1 is now scum D2), and so long as the head lives the town can never win.  It's more than possible that we're in a town full of vigs and only a cult floating around.

As far as WHO the cult is.  Look, Baal, me and Kaash were all seen with Janus the night before.  Me and Kaash were seen killing while Baal was watching the antics.  That means we were all doing something OTHER than convert.

That leaves Zai, Web, Org, and Person.

All of them are potential cult.  However, we had a N0 where the only thing that couldn't happen was kill.  After that, we had two people who claim to 'cancel each other out'.  Web claims to be a forced killer while Person claims to be roleblocking him.  They both confirm each other and, thus, were left alone.

However, we have no proof that they are doing anything like what they claim to be doing. 

Of the two, I'm going to believe that the first to jump to the claim is the head.  As such, Web, you're the cult leader.

The town isn't screwed yet.  So long as we can cut the head we still have a chance.
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: November 15, 2009, 12:42:24 pm »

You're mixing me up with Org. I haven't claimed yet.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: November 15, 2009, 12:46:19 pm »

Web claimed for you.  He insinuated that you were stopping him.
I KNEW IT!

Zai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: November 15, 2009, 02:01:39 pm »

This talk of cults confuses me and introduces too much WIFOM for my taste.

Anyway. Here's what I was going to post yesterday until I noticed the hammer went through:

Quote from: My post from Day 2 that did not get posted
Hello everyone. Webadict is the only one getting voted, it seems.
A no lynch would be the best, otherwise we might lynch a townie.
...Is it just impossible for you to post your own content, Org? Really?

I think this talk of there being no scum and just a paranoid town to be complete bullocks. EK said there would be scum. So there must be scum. No lynching won't help get rid of them. They'll still get a NK, bringing the town to scum ratio even closer to 1:1, and with it the end of the game.

So I say we go after one of the known killers (Kashyyk, Dak, or Web if he's not lying). However, I propose that we not waste the lynch if unnecessary. I'd like to put my role to use first. My role is Ninja Zombie Alien Pirate Lawyer Robot Doctor Cookie Monster. I have a 9-sided die that I can role "on" whoever I choose. The possible outcomes all have equal chances of occurring, I believe. These outcomes are [1] Death for the person [2] Take their vote away for just a day (I think) [3] Get a QuickTopic chat between myself and the person [4] Take their power away for the rest of the game [5] Reveal the role names of everyone in this thread [6] Give the person a post restriction of 3 words per post [7] Give the person the power of a Doctor [8] Take away their posting ability (so they can't say anything) [9] Give the person immunity from all other powers.

So. 2 of these result in the person's NK/ability being taken away (one removing them from the game entirely). 3 limit their daytime in-topic abilities of posting and/or voting. 2 are beneficial for the person (giving them invincibility or an additional Doctor power). 1 reveals role names and who has them to everyone. And 1 allows me and the person to talk things over (like who the person should use their power on, who we kind of suspect, etc.).

So what do you all think we should do? Go No Lynch like now? Who should I use my power on? Should I use my power at all? Just wait and go with the current plan of No Lynching and no killing to see if there really is a Mafia (at least, I'm pretty sure that's the current plan; this game is confusing)?

[PPE:] Oh wait. Looking back through, I see the vote requirement for a hammer has been met. So I suppose I'll just wait for tomorrow then.

If you'll notice, EK kind of fubbed up my role; he made "Cookie Monster" two different things. Oh well.

So...thoughts?

[PPE:] WAIT. SUDDEN REVELATION!

perhaps 3 cultists, 3 mafians.

There's only 6 people left, Baal, including yourself. If you even include this as a possibility, then that should mean you're either part of the cult or mafia, because you're basically admitting that you yourself aren't town. So which is it?

I'm unvoting Dak and switching my vote to  PrinnyBaal for now. But I have not played any game with a cult, as far as I remember. To those more "seasoned" in this regard: Would the cult's win condition be to outnumber both of the other groups (town and mafia) by recruiting and then game ends? Or would, upon winning, the cult members just be removed from the game and the game continue from there? Or does it vary greatly?

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 15, 2009, 02:05:18 pm »

Web claimed for you.  He insinuated that you were stopping him.

Yeah, no. Vote Webadict.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: November 15, 2009, 02:09:28 pm »

@ zai

1. The cult is a rival scum group.  If they win no one else does.

2. The cult needs to outnumber all others.

3. The cult CANNOT be stopped unless the cult leader (who can recruit) is killed.

Baal is probably a cult member, but I don't believe he is the leader, since he was watching the house that me and Kash were in the other night (cult members can't recruit).  The town can't win unless the leader is killed.  Thus we need to aim for Web first.

I KNEW IT!
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16