Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16

Author Topic: BYOR-The ExKirby Version-Night 2!  (Read 17805 times)

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR-The ExKirby Version-Night 0
« Reply #75 on: November 10, 2009, 06:34:56 pm »

So, Pandarsenic, why are you scum?
I wish I was, but I'm not. Sorru.

Also, based on what Prinny Baal said, I'm going to test something.

Vote ExKirby.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

PrinnyBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR-The ExKirby Version-Day 1
« Reply #76 on: November 10, 2009, 06:46:00 pm »

Ah, if you're talking about the very first line- I can paraphrase what I got in the PM for it ((I'm assuming just saying it straight forward isn't allowed.)), not sure what exactly it means, but if you're saying its likely that Kirb's the actual mafian for this game, than actually... well, he did admit towards a basic level of bastard mod. It's possible, but isn't that one overdone?

Of course, if no one actually has a role similar to Kirby ((Character, not GM)), then yea, it might make more sense.

Anyway- want me to join you? I don't know if it'll matter- I mean... we're talking about a pretty classic bastard mod move. As for the PM, it was basically "Someone inhaled you in through their mouth! They spit you out! They appear to have become more like you..."

I guess, Kirby is relevant here?
I hope someone may note the type I so enjoy, the style I love to play via by my more subtle ploy...

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 10, 2009, 07:33:26 pm »

@PrinnyBaal

About the lack of NK:

I don't believe it was the lack of an action, since we have 3 mafia and the others would ensure a NK happened.  More likely, it was stopped, though there's a few ways that can happen (Roleblock, Protection, unkillable, ext.)  so it'll be left to the ones with the powers to sort that out.

About time zones:

I've noticed that a lot of the chatter happens around 6-11pm EST.  Myself, I currently have a 24/7  sporatic access.  I try to keep it simple and assume it's nothing unusual so long as less than 24 hours show up in between posts.

About early targets:

This game has actually taken on a VERY unique aspect: night first.  All of the other games we've played have been day first.  As such, mafia tend to make thier picks on what works best for them based on D1's events. 

With a night first, it's unclear what the first target would be.  Basic thinking would lead to attacking the strongest townies, but since that's obvious scum have become more random about it.  After that we go right into WIFOM territory. 

So the night first aspect has put us in almost the same boat you are in about what has happened.

About "host is the mafia"

I'm not sure it's THAT much bastardly.  ExKirby said earlier that he planned on 3 mafia so I'm thinking it'll be more traditional.  I believe the 'bastard' side will be in what sidebar items we get hit by along the way.  We'll have to keep an eye out for Puzzles though since that's usually how the mod attempts to ruin the town.
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 10, 2009, 11:10:09 pm »

Hi guys. I'd just like to say that you should be very, very, VERY careful with what you say, because I have a bad temper with people that say very short posts.

Kk, thx bye.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 10, 2009, 11:21:51 pm »

Hi guys. I'd just like to say that you should be very, very, VERY careful with what you say, because I have a bad temper with people that say very short posts.

Kk, thx bye.

Damn man, you must be furious with yourself; not only was that post fairly short, but it was utterly meaningless. Kudos sir.

PrinnyBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 10, 2009, 11:23:56 pm »

Is... that it? A warning? ((Hahaha, actually, it would be entertaining if you had a power related to the number of lines someone typed, or words, or such...))

Eh, I haven't even gotten to speak with you either- you're quite fast in and out.

@Dakka (Heh)

I see, I suppose that's one way of looking at it. Where I come from there has to be a majority of the mafia to hit, so I'm sort of used to NKs occasionally coming from one too many lurk/inactive mafians. I suppose you guys don't run it that way at all... ((Especially after I noted how the NKs worked in Paranormal.))

Yea, I'm sort of random myself, I guess I'm most commonly on at or around 5 PM PST, although I can be on as late as 2 AM, or as early as 6 AM ((I almost always sleep in between those two numbers, to be fair.)) so I've gotten used to asking when others show up.

... as for players... it seems this game's going to be rather slow...

Day 1 for now, gentle start it seems; here's hoping it stays rather relaxed at least.
I hope someone may note the type I so enjoy, the style I love to play via by my more subtle ploy...

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 10, 2009, 11:38:21 pm »

Here, the mafia all have a specialized forum elsewhere where they can communicate freely.  At night, the host speaks to them and asks for them to decide on a kill.  They typically argue for a bit over who does it and who dies but they generally come to an agreement.  When I'm hosting and there's an inactive/lurking mafia member, I tend to just listen to the active ones.  If there's bickering by the deadline, I take the last name offered.  Other hosts may do it differently, but overall, a NK doesn't happen either when the mafia want it to happen or when the NK was stopped. 

The mafia deciding to just not kill the first night IS an option.

As for this game, yah, it's looking to be one of the softer ones.  I'll try to not keep it that way though.  An inactive town is a lost town.
I KNEW IT!

PrinnyBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 10, 2009, 11:49:38 pm »

*Nods sagely* Yea, I've seen the inactive town problem before.

Specialized forums- Like on the site? Do the mods seriously let you do that here? That sounds awesome, even the places that are dedicated to mafia don't subdivide that much. The biggest division I've noted elsewhere was basically dead/living forums. ((Then again, over there, everyone usually chats on IRC and IMs, so not as much the need.))

The mafia deciding to not kill the first night. Actually, given that we don't As for know any of the roles, even that could be have a reason I suppose.

Anyway, not sure what to say to try and start conversation... so I'll just reply every time! Let's see how long it takes for me to get a feel- cause once I get heated... Heheh, well, I'm already excited, I just wish I had some more people to chat with.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 10, 2009, 11:53:31 pm »

We usually use www.quicktopic.com for mafia chatses.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 10, 2009, 11:57:04 pm »

Not on this forum.  quicktopic lets us create forums at will.  The forums have unique urls so only those that are given the link can access the forum. 

Thus the host makes a forum and give only the mafia a link to it.  Instant private communication.  Some people also make a forum for those that have been killed/lynched. 

As far as how to start things off, when in doubt, there's the Random Vote Stage.  At this point, we basically randomly vote each other and try to get others to speak up.  Some use votes with random reasons, some use questions, others have their own style, but the goal now is to just get everyone talking so you can get a read on them later.

i.e. I'll have an idea about Kashyyk once he shows up.
I KNEW IT!

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 11, 2009, 10:43:20 am »

Unvote Neruz.

This is too quiet. Needs more action.

ORG. GET YO' ASS OUT HERE. I SAW YOU POSTIN' IN OTHER GAMES. POST IN THIS GAME. OR DIE. BECAUSE I OBVIOUSLY HAVE THE ABILITY TO KILL YOU WITH MY MIND. AND MAKE SURE YOU BRING CONTENT.

And I realized I didn't answer Baal's question. Yeah. My av is an Aestivalis in SRT:J. Before this one I had Elmo as my avatar. For many months. Thus the 'Elmo? Is that you?' underneath.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 11, 2009, 10:46:25 am »

Kk, thx bye.
Unvote.

Webadict, just what is this?  Meaningless, and without even an attempt to put pressure on anyone.  The only thing I can think of is that you're softclaiming or making fun of someone, but in the context of this game that is at best unhelpful and at worst deflection.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #87 on: November 11, 2009, 11:46:17 am »

Vote Count (6 To Lynch)

Org-Zai (1)
JanusTwoFace-Mr.Person (1)
Zai-PrinnyBaal (1)
webadict-Leafsnail (1)
Kashyyk-dakarian (1)
Pandarsenic-ExKirby (5)

I should clarify-No PMs, and I did say that there would be no Night 0 kill.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #88 on: November 11, 2009, 11:55:39 am »

Kk, thx bye.

This is just unusual.  I don't think I've ever seen such a calm, short, and non-accusing post come from webadict.  I'm guessing that's it's probably role related, but it's still suspicious.

The short posts before that (reverse order):
- Dakarian random votes Kashyyk
- Mr.Person (random?) votes me for 'forgetting' random voting
- I have a short post with questions for PrinnyBaal
- Leafnsail has a really short post

So if he's warning us of something, keep an eye on these four, it could help us figure out the oddity that is webadict.

Another oddity:
- Zai votes Neruz (reply 73)
- Neruz makes a very active lurky post comment on webadict's post (reply 79)
- Neruz tells Baal about quicktopic (reply 83)
- Zai unvotes Neruz after really no comment, then votes Org for lurking

Basically, what I see in this is a potentiall scumteam containing Zai and Neruz for the random voting and then unvoting without any actual game content being posted. 

Neruz, why don't you post something relevant to the game.  If you need a prod, how about this:
- Do you think that Baal's asking about how scum chat works (as a new player) means that he's more likely to not have access to said chat (town) or being sneaky (scum)?  (Yes, I know it's metagamey, but you can't use these argument all that often).

Org, you've been quiet (like normal).
- Same question...
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 11, 2009, 11:57:35 am »

...I think you may have some things backward there.

As in. You (mod) voting for Pandar. With 5 votes.

[PPE:] I don't like Org, Janus. He's shown no sign of participating in this game. So he gets the chop-chop from me. Neruz can wait.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16