Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16

Author Topic: BYOR-The ExKirby Version-Night 2!  (Read 17764 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR-The ExKirby Version-Holy cow, that's a lot.
« Reply #60 on: November 09, 2009, 03:25:27 pm »

So, webadict, how do you know you're not scum?
... I don't. I'm just assuming that because I'm likely to get killed, I'm also likely to get protected.

So, I likely won't die? But if I do, oh well.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #61 on: November 09, 2009, 03:29:52 pm »

OK, here comes the flavor.

DAY 0
A Bloody Game

"...And we're on lap 100 of this Roller Derby match between Bay12 and Gaia... only two players are left in... and it seems to be neck adn neck! ExKirby seems to be in the lead... no, n00b has just overtook! It's on the corner... Kirby has just slid under! It's the final straight and..."

BANG!

ExKirby seems to lose balance, and fall flat, hand resting a centimeter from the line. Health officials rush on scene to drag him off track. He's later found to have a bullet wedged into his brain. a quick way to go. Three days later, twelve spectators are dragged into the police HQ for questioning. However, that is quickly stopped when one of them spills some beans. He said that he was involved in the game, alongside three others. However, before they could get any names, he drew a gun pointed at his head, and injected a bullet.

That's two dead. How many more before all the scum are out of line? Well, here was one last resort-plan M. And here is the epic tale of the remaining 11.

And somehow, day turns into night.

NIGHT 0
Plots and Plays

I'll sned out roles in a moment. Please hold.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 09, 2009, 03:39:01 pm »

STOP!

HAMMERTIME!
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 09, 2009, 04:03:11 pm »

Whoops. Forgot to lock. Hold on...
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR-The ExKirby Version-Night 0
« Reply #64 on: November 10, 2009, 02:54:13 pm »

Sorry peeps, but I can't be flexible with nights.

DAY 1
Eleven Facing

Eleven people enter the room. The idea is to let them find the scum. But can they?

We have 11, so we're playing 6 to Lynch.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR-The ExKirby Version-Night 0
« Reply #65 on: November 10, 2009, 02:55:43 pm »

So, Pandarsenic, why are you scum?

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR-The ExKirby Version-Day 1
« Reply #66 on: November 10, 2009, 03:00:26 pm »

Vote Count-6 To Lynch

Pandarsenic-Leafsnail (1)

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #67 on: November 10, 2009, 03:04:39 pm »

Bah for random votes without a reason / question / anything at all.  FoS Leafsnail

PrinnyBaal, I haven't seen you around before, so I have a couple of questions for you:
- Have you been in Mafias on this board so far (if so, which)?
- How sure (as a percent) of scummitude would you have to be to hammer someone?
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

PrinnyBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 10, 2009, 03:17:23 pm »

Hahaha, heeey! Baal thinks he'll enjoy this game. Seems he already got targetted by something, and the description... well, whoever chose Kirby, let's just say the description for the action made it obvious.

Hmmm, I suppose from what I've read, I may as well go in to chat early.

Hey, I doubt any of you know my playing style, so if you're interested in data on me, I can always give some by way of link or description, either works. Only fair since I can read through you guy's archives ((And have been doing so. Heh, do love some of your games, I'll admit.))

Anyway, no one else has posted, so hey Zai what's your avi from? It looks really familiar for some reason. I think it's SRW, but I might be wrong.

Pre-Post Edit:

-Nope, haven't played on this board before. As mentioned, if you want me to link to the boards where I have played, go ahead.

-Hmmm, usually I avoid joining bandwagons, and even most vote piles, so usually it's either that I really trust a particular person voting for the target I'm hammering, my instincts lead me to vote them already, or it's blatantly obvious for whatever reason. Barring those, I almost always prefer more chatting over killing an innocent.

((Off hand, I don't seem to know the PMing policy for this game, are we allowed to PM other players and chat with the individually? I like to do so from the start for everyone, so it would be nice if you could answer what your position is on that EXKirby.))

And now, to close, I suppose I'll close with some music. Always fun to post some music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zD5KweB5ik
I hope someone may note the type I so enjoy, the style I love to play via by my more subtle ploy...

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 10, 2009, 03:20:04 pm »

Bah for random votes without a reason / question / anything at all.  FoS Leafsnail

PrinnyBaal, I haven't seen you around before, so I have a couple of questions for you:
- Have you been in Mafias on this board so far (if so, which)?
- How sure (as a percent) of scummitude would you have to be to hammer someone?

Hey JanusTwoface, how did you manage to forget about the Random Voting Phase? Come on now, what were you thinking?
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 10, 2009, 03:20:26 pm »

Let's get the ball rolling.

Kashyyk how many posts do you think it'll be before you fling out your first scumtell?
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

PrinnyBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 10, 2009, 04:55:26 pm »

Ah, actually, now that I think about it; hadn't we started night phase? Isn't there usually a kill during afore-mentioned phase? Kirb implied that someone didn't send their action in, to be honest, so I suppose that's a possible explanation, but regardless- I thought it would've started with a hit...

This is probably all obvious, and I'm just babbling though, but I figured, if anyone actually thinks someone managed it ((Blocking the hit)), I'd like to hear people's thoughts. So... yeah. ((Obviously if you think YOU blocked the hit, you're better not letting people know cause' well, you're more useful not dead and all that.))

Also, I suppose it's a bit later that the majority of you show up compared to this timing isn't it? What exactly is everyone's timing/time zone?

Heheh; always wanted to say it:

Shinjitsu wa itsumo hitotsu!

((Although, admittedly it's only the beginning... perhaps I'll have to bring that one back later with a later opening/closing...))
I hope someone may note the type I so enjoy, the style I love to play via by my more subtle ploy...

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 10, 2009, 05:17:41 pm »

lulwut

FoS Janus. RVS is almost mandatory around here, Janus. How silly of you to forget.

Ah, actually, now that I think about it; hadn't we started night phase? Isn't there usually a kill during afore-mentioned phase? Kirb implied that someone didn't send their action in, to be honest, so I suppose that's a possible explanation, but regardless- I thought it would've started with a hit...

May have been courteous mafia or something. But if someone did manage to block the kill, they may want to share who they blocked. Entirely up to them. But, as you said, EK implied that somebody/some people didn't send an action in.

And welcome to the family. =)

To start things off, I'll vote Neruz. Care to join the party?
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #73 on: November 10, 2009, 06:06:48 pm »

-Nope, haven't played on this board before. As mentioned, if you want me to link to the boards where I have played, go ahead.

Welcome then, to the insanity that is Bay12 / Dwarf Fortress forum mafia!

I don't mind not knowing your playstyle so long as you stay active.  Lurkers are rather hard to read (and tend to get lynched).

This is worrysome, because IIRC ExKirby said that he would be starting with the mafia allowed a night kill.  Most likely it was blocked or protected against in some manner or another, but still...  It is interesting.

Hey JanusTwoface, how did you manage to forget about the Random Voting Phase? Come on now, what were you thinking?

FoS Janus. RVS is almost mandatory around here, Janus. How silly of you to forget.

I don't have a problem with Random Voting itself, my main problem is with people that just randomly vote and wonder off without actually provoking any discussion (like Leafsnail).

Everyone (with the possible exception of Baal for being newer to this particular board) has been random voted at least once, so being random voted really shouldn't provoke a reaction.  It's the questions and conversations (that hopefully stay relatively game-focused as well) that can potentially draw scum out.

After a bit, if people aren't posting the threat of potentially getting lynched for lurking is a good reason to vote, but random voting?  Kind of silly...
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

PrinnyBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 10, 2009, 06:16:34 pm »

Well, my playing style varies a lot. I usually play somewhere between serious and for the laughs- and it can change- but I guess I tend to fall into the serious category more often. ((I find I often seem to play counterpoint to most other playing styles, which is sort of funny on it's own.))

As far as our night, I find it hard to believe that the hit was successfully blocked given my expectations for what the first few nights usually represent, but since I haven't played here before and you guys might have more common early game targets, perhaps it would be easier if I just asked: how do you guys usually favor deciding early targets in past games? Where I've played the first few phases are chosen nearly completely at random, with occasional newb hunting by certain players, ((And one particular person currently always opens by choosing based on criteria actually.)) but since everyone knows everyone's play styles, the chances for people framing... well early choices usually don't reflect much.

If you guys tend to have a very different environment, it might be helpful to inform me of such.

Also; What? No one's willing to give a new face a little love? Am I to sit over here by myself to get some attention? I want my own little crimson rose to wear...

Eh, well, style is always an interesting... how about- Classical?

((I suppose, I honestly have to read several of the games with you people. I've been going at it slowly. Time to read some of the less lulzy ones I guess.))
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16