Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16

Author Topic: BYOR-The ExKirby Version-Night 2!  (Read 17776 times)

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR-The ExKirby Version-Night 1
« Reply #120 on: November 12, 2009, 06:49:56 pm »

But... no, I'm pretty sure I can't understand that to mean there was one killer. It very clearly states 2 people involved in the death of the Janus, ((I chose Janus to watch, obviously.)) which leads me to believe that both of the others have some sort of NK action.

Which means we do have 3 SKs/Vigs if Web's telling the truth. Two of these three plus the mafia's nightkiller went after Janus. One of the others went after Neruz. And Web was apparently blocked. But that's understandable, as he made it clear in the topic who he would be (auto-?)targeting.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #121 on: November 13, 2009, 02:52:29 am »

Vote Count (4 To Lynch)

webadict-Leafsnail (1)
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

PrinnyBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 13, 2009, 07:22:25 am »

The truth has to be available by now- We just have to use logic...

So, clarification from the GM confirms that yes, my assessment that the other two had to have used some kind of NK was correct- So, since we can't just leave people running around willynelly- I suppose, let's begin; Dak, Kash, you two were the ones involved.

Beyond that, have many of you people have been noticing a lot of... NK potential actions? Both of our dead have certainly set a trend- one can copy powers- but he would likely be copying a NK, right?

And Neruz appears to be a miller. He would likely appear mafian in investigations- My own lead quickly makes it appear that the two I was involved with were killers by the descriptions...

Webadict claims he has to hit each night- and he was blocked, meaning there's a role blocker. Obviously that's the proper spot to be on, if we want to avoid unneeded deaths...

Perhaps- we aren't looking at a standard game at all~

If our vigs shoot wildly, trying to find the scum, we don't know why they shot, and they can't explain it. They'd naturally be turned against next, right?

Logic dictates, we aren't catching any scum this way; but why?

I begin to suspect, perhaps because there is none? Perhaps we're being played the classic "Paranoid Town" game. A simple one where the game ends if we go a certain number of phases without hitting or such. Basically a game where really, no ones not townie, we just manage to delude ourselves into finding SKs, and mafians and such.

A more complicated version might be one where many people have automatic conditions for their kills, and we'll have to prevent them from occuring. A simple "walking the thread" in that case.

Based on this, I'd have to say, perhaps the best choice now is to NO LYNCH

Honestly, we know there's some bastard element involved- perhaps we should see if we can just all live in peace? I'm not going to TL;DR, there's no point, and sorry if I don't know many of the more basic playing rules, but for the logic puzzles, hopefully I'm on the right track.
I hope someone may note the type I so enjoy, the style I love to play via by my more subtle ploy...

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 13, 2009, 09:59:18 am »

Well, that explains a bit.

For those going 'huh?', when ExKirby sent my PM effect, the result was...confusing.  It read as if there were two people going into the house, me leaving the house, then two people killing in the house.  The host had sent the message me, Baal, and Kash together.

We just got a clarification over what happened.  Now one of the kills makes sense. 

Secret Service.  I have two options:  I can NK with a vest that makes me unkillable, or perform a daykill in order to bypass most defenses (it's not a Superkill.. but most kill stopping actions happen at night).

With the clarification, I now know I was one of the ones that took out Janus.  My question now comes to why Kashyyk was there.

As to Baal's assessment, we need to get a grip on what's going on with the kills at least, especially since the host isn't giving us an alignment flip.  Once Kash explains what he's doing with a Universal Locator that kills with silver, we'll get an idea where we go from here.
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 13, 2009, 11:50:55 am »

What... the... hell... is... happening...

So... Kashyyk, Priny and Dakarian were all at Janus' house, for some reason, and two of them were trying to kill him... somehow?  Could someone please explain?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 13, 2009, 11:59:52 am »

It's sorta confusing, I would say.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 13, 2009, 12:04:42 pm »

Paranoid town is possible, but I think we'd be better off at least pretending it's a normal game for now. If it gets down to a very low number of people and you still think it's a paranoid town game, then yes, we can NL over and over to see what happens.

However, if this isn't a paranoid town game, we'd be better off lynching. If it is, NLing now is pretty much the same as NLing later.

So then, would somebody care to describe what's happened so far in short? It's tough to follow and I think I've got it right, I just want to be sure.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 13, 2009, 12:19:15 pm »

Hmm...

Well, that explains a bit.

For those going 'huh?', when ExKirby sent my PM effect, the result was...confusing.  It read as if there were two people going into the house, me leaving the house, then two people killing in the house.  The host had sent the message me, Baal, and Kash together.

We just got a clarification over what happened.  Now one of the kills makes sense. 

Secret Service.  I have two options:  I can NK with a vest that makes me unkillable, or perform a daykill in order to bypass most defenses (it's not a Superkill.. but most kill stopping actions happen at night).

With the clarification, I now know I was one of the ones that took out Janus.  My question now comes to why Kashyyk was there.

As to Baal's assessment, we need to get a grip on what's going on with the kills at least, especially since the host isn't giving us an alignment flip.  Once Kash explains what he's doing with a Universal Locator that kills with silver, we'll get an idea where we go from here.
Why didn't you say anything about killing Janus earlier?

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 13, 2009, 12:38:58 pm »

Because I thought I didn't do the kill.  ExKirby miswrote some of the PM text.  It didn't help that I was holding a gun and he was killed with 'silver and lasers'.

I KNEW IT!

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 13, 2009, 12:42:23 pm »

Yes, I am also killing role. I intended to kill Janus. I am the Ur-Quan Battleship captain, which is why Dakarian and Baal saw me with a universal locater. Oh the joys of the space age.

Paranoid town sounds likely, but I'm not particularly sure. so kudos to the Scum if they really are here. Well done for making the town think that.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 13, 2009, 12:43:23 pm »

Because I thought I didn't do the kill.  ExKirby miswrote some of the PM text.  It didn't help that I was holding a gun and he was killed with 'silver and lasers'.

Uh huh...

Yes, I am also killing role. I intended to kill Janus. I am the Ur-Quan Battleship captain, which is why Dakarian and Baal saw me with a universal locater. Oh the joys of the space age.

Paranoid town sounds likely, but I'm not particularly sure. so kudos to the Scum if they really are here. Well done for making the town think that.
Uh huh...

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 13, 2009, 12:47:17 pm »

oh yeh, your question.

Why didn't I say? Cos I didn't want to roleclaim, that's why. But I now feel that it would be useful to the town if I told them of my role, It's one less possible Mafia kill anyway.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 13, 2009, 12:48:06 pm »

I'm gonna have to agree with Webadict here.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 13, 2009, 12:55:21 pm »

Kashyyk, you didn't fully roleclaim.  You said you can kill.. but a 'universal locater' isn't exactly just used to kill with.
I KNEW IT!

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 13, 2009, 12:59:32 pm »

Kashyyk, you didn't fully roleclaim.  You said you can kill.. but a 'universal locater' isn't exactly just used to kill with.

He's in a motherfucking spaceship that shoots laser beams.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16