Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Bizarre Recursive Artifacts  (Read 5204 times)

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
Re: Bizarre Recursive Artifacts
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2009, 11:37:20 pm »

Please. Don't just through around random disorder names. It isn't funny.

Yes. Dwarves, as you can see, occasionally name their artifacts after themselves.  It is believed to have something to do with personality.  We need all the data we can get, so would you check his personality numbers (if you can) using one of the DF run-alongside tools, that would be great. I've never done that myself, but it should be possible.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

blue emu

• Bay Watcher
  • GroFAZ
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2009, 11:48:26 pm »

Who is this addressed to?

Yes. Dwarves, as you can see, occasionally name their artifacts after themselves.  It is believed to have something to do with personality.  We need all the data we can get, so would you check his personality numbers (if you can) using one of the DF run-alongside tools, that would be great. I've never done that myself, but it should be possible.
Can you recommend a (Win-XP compatible) utility for that?
Never pet a burning dog.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2009, 11:55:01 pm »

Can you recommend a (Win-XP compatible) utility for that?

Therapist seems to do this now.

MelloHero

• Bay Watcher
  • 無基督、我無也。
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2009, 12:32:01 am »

I believe it was to user "ebbus h. urist" with his schizophrenia comment (a malapropism in this case, too).
Even if you have dwarves decked out in cotton candy they will still have fun with clowns.

blue emu

• Bay Watcher
  • GroFAZ
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2009, 01:47:21 am »

... Dwarves, as you can see, occasionally name their artifacts after themselves.  It is believed to have something to do with personality.  We need all the data we can get, so would you check his personality numbers (if you can) using one of the DF run-alongside tools, that would be great.

Dodok (Clasp BridgeSpear) Sazirlokum:

Stress : 70
Neurosis : 69
Compromising : 64
Honesty : 38
Lawfulness : 34
Friendly : 30

Other personality traits (Confidence, Leadership, Thinking, Cautiousness, Excellence, Urge, Perseverence, Helpfulness, Organization, Company, Thrillseeking, Artistic, Rebelliousness) are all at -1 (not active).

« Last Edit: November 11, 2009, 01:50:32 am by blue emu »
Never pet a burning dog.

ebbus h. urist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2009, 11:25:46 am »

I believe it was to user "ebbus h. urist" with his schizophrenia comment (a malapropism in this case, too).

I believe so too. And I'm aware that schizophrenia isn't the same thing as split-personality or dissociative disorders. But yeah, common usage and all that..

As for it not being funny. It might be too close to home for some, but the fact is that everything that might be found humorous or funny by one person is offensive to someone else.

I certainly dont mean this in a condecending way, but the very fact that we have a few laughs about our silly dwarves getting enclosed in a wall or drowning might be felt as massivly insensitive to someone who has stuff like that happen in their family or friends.

Personaly, I feel that everything is free to be joked about as long as the intent isnt malevolent.

And realy, I just caught one of my dwarves trapped in a bit of a channel just as it was getting filled with magma. He somehow managed to get to get to the area between a dead-end and the magma, just as it was *almost* in accesible. I mean, realy, he walked to the bottommost area of the fortress, through restricted areas and quite some distance and just crossed the magma diagonally  just before that closed to get some piece of non-descript stone to store in a stockpile. Not to mention that half my main-fortress area is still filled with rocks, he wanted to walk halfway across the map to the most dangerous area to get some random rock.
After he got trapped and canceled the store job, he then proceeded to clean the tile directly(!) in front of the magma. He should be glad I was monitoring the magma flow at the time, so I could designate some evacuation stairs for the guy.
I think he's a bit autistic, but I guess that makes him special ;)
Pages: 1 2 [3]