Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: [Development] The Syndicate  (Read 3497 times)

Killas[SiN]

• Bay Watcher
  • [SiN]
    • View Profile
[Development] The Syndicate
« on: November 07, 2009, 09:12:56 pm »

-=WiP=-

Hi everyone, I just had an idea for a forum game.

There are two teams. The Syndicate and The Law.

The Syndicate is the local crime gang/family. Their goal is obviously, to commit an organized crime. Depending in the scenario, it could be anything from an assassination to a bank job, even inciting riots. They are the enemies of the Law... (Duh)

The Law are the people who uphold justice and are the strong arm of the law. They could be anything from police to private security to BCAS (Bay City Air Service) and Swat Teams. Their role is to protect and serve, either by defending a bank, a ViP or launching assaults on Syndicate Houses, conditional to the scenario.

There are scenarios in which the Law and the Syndicate are placed into with predefined goals, possibly with optional goals. The scenario takes place on a 'map' divided into squares by a grid. Movement and combat take place on a grid similar to table tops (I think that's the one...) and factors and stuff can alter the outcomes.

In a standard 'match', there will be 6 to 8 players - 3-4 on each team.
One of these players on each team is the leader. This has little effect except that the GM will be contacted through the leader, not the other players on their team. Sometimes there will be choices that only the leader can make, most commonly is the entry location into the scenario. All other things are planned between the leader and the other members of the leader's team. Each player will control their own unit. The unit system will operate similar to a roguelike - RPG style as you start low rank and gradually get better items the more scenarios you participate in. Also, if you die, you die. The character cannot be reused as... well, he/she/it is dead. For the sake of ease of gameplay, there will be no levels.

The Rules

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Terms of Engagement

Units, Structures and Items

-Character Creation-

Ok, that's my thoughts for now. Will add more soon. What do you guys think? Any suggestions?

Currently a WiP.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 10:37:14 pm by Killas[SiN] »
You should make Korean pros into game-ending, SPEED:0 megabeasts.
A Jaedong appears at your fort.
DF: gg
DF has left the game.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: [Development] The Syndicate
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2009, 09:26:46 pm »

You should make each player being a unit on either team, and dividing the players into teams.
This would allow for more people to play, and have a greater impact on the thing as a whole.

Just a random suggestion.

That could also bring some RPG elements into it, as they could be a man/woman, and start as a cop, before being the leader of a swat team.

Just another random suggestion.

Maybe if you wanted to still have the co-ordination, have a crew-chief, or gang-boss, who organises the people.

Spoiler: Tacken Armitage (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 02:24:59 am by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Killas[SiN]

• Bay Watcher
  • [SiN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2009, 09:34:43 pm »

You should make each player being a unit on either team, and dividing the players into teams.
This would allow for more people to play, and have a greater impact on the thing as a whole.

Just a random suggestion.

That could also bring some RPG elements into it, as they could be a man/woman, and start as a cop, before being the leader of a swat team.

Just another random suggestion.

Maybe if you wanted to still have the co-ordination, have a crew-chief, or gang-boss, who organises the people.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I'll update the post now...
DF has left the game.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2009, 05:29:07 am »

Could I reserve a place for when this starts  ::)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2009, 05:46:53 am »

So totally me too.

Is fluff optional, or reccommended, or forbidden?
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2009, 06:58:02 am »

MEEEEH TOOO

i sign in for the law

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2009, 07:01:45 am »

Me want in.
Name: Abdulaziz Ichi Ghonads
Nationality: Caucasian
Faction: Syndicate
Features: Lacks facial hair. Got old burns on the face. Short, brown hair.
Bio: Abdulaziz Ichi Ghonads is a reckless, pyromaniac. He is a dedicated followerof Islam. He has lost faith in humanity. He likes fire and explosions. He likes to create chaos. He need explosions to get through the working day. He is fast to anger. When possible, He prefers to bomb civilian targets. He is usually silent. He absolutely detests rain. He likes C4 for it's functionality.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 02:44:42 am by Pillow_Killer »
Quote from: x2yzh9
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2009, 11:45:34 am »

Is this it's own setting or the general bay12 comunity RP multiverse? There is a mention of "Bay City Air Service" that indicates a tie in with Bay12 City that Sofias resort among other things were in, but nothing else really indicates any tie ins...
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Killas[SiN]

• Bay Watcher
  • [SiN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2009, 01:47:35 am »

Updated the status, added character creation guidelines.

Is this it's own setting or the general bay12 comunity RP multiverse? There is a mention of "Bay City Air Service" that indicates a tie in with Bay12 City that Sofias resort among other things were in, but nothing else really indicates any tie ins...

I haven't seen 'Sofias resort' or any other RP thingy, but I'm imagining Bay City as a mixture of Al Capone era Chicago and modern day Miami... So kinda noir-ish...

EDIT: The game will have 'rounds'. At the beginning of each round, people sign in. You can make a character now if you want. I just suggest holding onto them by saving them into a .txt file as I won't be keeping track of them.
DF has left the game.

Killas[SiN]

• Bay Watcher
  • [SiN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2009, 01:48:55 am »

So totally me too.

Is fluff optional, or reccommended, or forbidden?

Fluff? Define fluff please.
DF has left the game.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2009, 02:24:05 am »

1. Fluff is relevant fiction made to fit the game. So instead of saying "move to doorway" it is
"Tack moved to the doorway, heart pounding."

Spoiler: Tacken Armitage (click to show/hide)
I put it in my first post too.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 02:26:26 am by Tack »

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2009, 05:34:11 am »

« Last Edit: November 16, 2009, 07:10:25 am by Flintus10 »

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2009, 09:55:29 am »

Name: Akumi Ayane
Nationality: Japanese
Features: Black hair mostly in 2 pony tails, green eyes ,small nose and no scars 
Bio: Akumi is a young criminal that commited murder at the age of 16 since she needed a source of upkeep she joined the syndicate for money. she is very good with dual guns and acrobatics, she is merciless against any person that fights her. Because she thinks a war never should have any prisoners

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2009, 01:42:45 pm »

Name: Stepney jarsworth
Nationality: Russian mother, English father, grew up in Russia
Features: Looks like half her age, (except in to bright light, which she avoids), she is rather attractive and tends to dress in a rather unmodest manner, usually doing two well paying jobs at once nether winch is very respectable, using the oldest profession in the world as a cover for doing the next oldest one. She is quite good at altering her appearance, most of the time her hair is obsidian, and her skin appears smooth and is covered in a thick layer of cosmetics, but naturally she has a fair bit of scars and a few gry hairs as well. She usualy wears quite a bit of expensive jewellery (but no loud kinds...), and expensive furs (carfully aranged to not block movment...). She has a very deep and rather unfeminine voice.
Bio: Her father died when she were still young, leaving her and her mother to fend of for themselves on the unforgiving streets of Moscow. when her mother died, she moved to the US and worked in a brothel. After a while, she started occasionally killing rich customers (moving to a new place after each one), and after a while stated getting paid for such things as well, and one thing lead to another. She is currently an experienced assassin working for the syndicate.
She is very cynical, she is a heavy smoker, she needs alcohol to get throughout the working day, she dosn't care about anything and never really has.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Killas[SiN]

• Bay Watcher
  • [SiN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2009, 10:10:38 pm »

Ok guys, I'm drawing up the map for a scenario now.
It's an experimental match, testing the current system.

Fluff is largely just for show, reasons on which I'll expand later.

The match is just your everyday 'bank robbery'.

If you want in, say now.

By the way, it's round-based...

Also, I'll add some more rules into the OP.
DF has left the game.
Pages: [1] 2