Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15

Author Topic: So, let me get this straight. In order to get Toady to stop getting paid to...  (Read 22118 times)

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
Re: So, let me get this straight. In order to get Toady to stop getting paid to.
« Reply #195 on: November 07, 2009, 09:05:15 pm »

I had a whole big post typed up here, but it seems this thread has turned into some topic about cheese and the moral implications of milking Italians.

I believe it has served its course!

(American cheese > most)

Eurgh. American cheese has too much "screams of orphans" in it for me. Don't get me wrong, normally I'd go for that, but it just seems... a little bit much. I like a bit of subtlety to my cheeses.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

FluffyToast J

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Damnit, Danarca, now I'm hungry for some crackers and cheese. >:(

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile

So there are four ways this can continue, apparently.

1)  We can talk about cheese.
2)  We can provide thoughtful explanations of our logic and reasoning behind our position (rather than just stating the position)
3)  We can continue on as we have been, the voices of reason drowned by bickering.
4)  We can all submit to the superiority of Gouda.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

FluffyToast J

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I like the cheese discussion, actually. Even though bickering was oh so much fun, cheese is tasty.

Cheese > bickering.

SirPenguin

• Bay Watcher
  • NEVER A DULL MOMENT IN MID-WORLD
    • View Profile

I believe it has served its course!
A cheese platter?

I'm surprised no one has made the classic "want some cheese with that whine?" joke. It's dangling there for the taking!

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile

I'm all for option 2, but...

brenoink: I'm still waiting for an explanation of the principle "Quick fixes should be addressed before larger issues."  When I asked you to justify this before, you evaded the question, only addressing a secondary point about popular opinion.  Come on, was it just something you heard from a manager once or what?

...still waiting on this.  I swear it's like pulling teeth.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

2)  We can provide thoughtful explanations of our logic and reasoning behind our position (rather than just stating the position)
3)  We can continue on as we have been, the voices of reason drowned by bickering.

Well, as nearly every one of my posts were ignored except the one about milking italians I'll vote for 3. Status quo.

Danarca

• Bay Watcher
  • [MILL_CHILD:ONLY_IF_GOOD_REASON]
    • View Profile
Re: So, let me get this straight. In order to get Toady to stop getting paid to.
« Reply #202 on: November 07, 2009, 09:08:14 pm »

Damnit, Danarca, now I'm hungry for some crackers and cheese. >:(
Heh, I could probably eat brie raw..
I love the stuff... :)

1 please. I like brie.
Clutter god the god of godly gods.
Om Nom nom nom nom
Ah yes the god of stone stockpiles, long randomly generated names, and gods.

FluffyToast J

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Want some cheese with that whi-- oh. Nevermind.

Also, congratulations Brenoink on creating a thread that got to 200 replies in hours instead of weeks.

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: November 07, 2009, 09:08:55 pm »

Gouda? Have you lost your mind, man?

Back to the glory of cheddar. What other cheese goes on bean, bacon and cheese on toast like cheddar? Answer, none.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

Danarca

• Bay Watcher
  • [MILL_CHILD:ONLY_IF_GOOD_REASON]
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: November 07, 2009, 09:09:38 pm »

Clutter god the god of godly gods.
Om Nom nom nom nom
Ah yes the god of stone stockpiles, long randomly generated names, and gods.

danielout

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lurker
    • View Profile

Gouda is absolutely excellent; an aged, smoked gouda goes swimmingly with a nice, dark beer or perhaps some bacon or salty meat. What could be more dwarfy than that?

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile

Unrelated: This thread is getting put up in my link repository as "Useless Argument Turns Into Cheese."
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile

This is lame, don't image-spam the thread to death.  I'm trying to have an argument here.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: November 07, 2009, 09:11:54 pm »

Instead, spam it to death with ASCII.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15