Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15

Author Topic: So, let me get this straight. In order to get Toady to stop getting paid to...  (Read 22174 times)

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile

Quick fixes should be addressed before larger issues. Next.

You're still going on pretending you have any idea what constitutes a quick fix.  Why?

I don't recall calling you a sucker. I remember asking why you were doing something that I think is foolish.
It's true, Impaler is the one who called us suckers.
How did he attract this many suckers?

I'm not convinced they're not really the same guy.  And I love the prepubescent retreat to petty semantics.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

brenoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Please justify that principle.  Make sure to explain why the majority want larger issues fixed first.

Because they don't realize you can get 200 quick fixes in the same time it'd take to get 5 larger features.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

Please justify that principle.  Make sure to explain why the majority want larger issues fixed first.
More importantly, explain to us why Toady should listen to you, who aren't donating and think we're foolish to do so, instead of the majority of people who both want these larger issues worked on AND are donating to him.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile

Because they don't realize you can get 200 quick fixes in the same time it'd take to get 5 larger features.
Because you have such a close relationship with Toady's code that you know EXACTLY HOW MUCH TIME each change requires.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

brenoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You're still going on pretending you have any idea what constitutes a quick fix.  Why?

I don't recall calling you a sucker. I remember asking why you were doing something that I think is foolish.
It's true, Impaler is the one who called us suckers.
How did he attract this many suckers?

I'm not convinced they're not really the same guy.  And I love the prepubescent retreat to petty semantics.

Again, I'm not calling you fools, suckers, or anything like that. I'm saying what you're doing doesn't make sense to me. Even if I think you're being foolish in this instance(which, I guess, I do), that doesn't mean I think you're a fool.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile

Back up that assertion, please.  Otherwise you're essentially resorting to calling your opponents dumb.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile

You don't code the game, so you can't possibly know when a quick fix will be a proper fix or a shitty patch job.  Let's throw your question back at you (and DON"T dodge, please):  Do you know anything about coding?

And you called all the donaters "suckers" fairly early on.  Seeing as how Aqizzar started it, that almost inevitably includes him.  Although looking back it seems Toady deleted that post for being offensive.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

brenoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Back up that assertion, please.  Otherwise you're essentially resorting to calling your opponents dumb.

Doing something fast takes less time than doing something slow.

brenoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You don't code the game, so you can't possibly know when a quick fix will be a proper fix or a shitty patch job.  Let's throw your question back at you (and DON"T dodge, please):  Do you know anything about coding?

And you called all the donaters "suckers" fairly early on.  Seeing as how Aqizzar started it, that almost inevitably includes him.  Although looking back it seems Toady deleted that post for being offensive.

Absolutely do.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile

Doing something fast takes less time than doing something slow.
Are you even listening to yourself anymore?

Fast and slow are relative.
Just because you think something is "fast" or "quick" doesn't mean it is.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile

Oh boy, the hostility towards brenoink is starting to get out of hand. He isn't trying to escalate this, so we should not either. He seems more concerned with covering himself than striking out at us personally.

Although I am tempted to replace milking with soapmaking, which is being fixed as the development cycle has reached it and fixed it.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

Actually no, I don't see anywhere he called anyone a sucker. He did state that we're all foolish though.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile

Absolutely do.
Alright then, I want you to have an exact coded solution to the milking problem in five minutes. I'll give you 15 to allow for reading time.  If you can't do it, then you have to stop talking about how quick and easy it is.  If you can do it, we admit we're wrong and praise you for being a genius.

Edit: it was pointed out that it was impaler who said "suckers" after I posted that.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

brenoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Absolutely do.
Alright then, I want you to have an exact coded solution to the milking problem in five minutes. I'll give you 15 to allow for reading time.  If you can't do it, then you have to stop talking about how quick and easy it is.  If you can do it, we admit we're wrong and praise you for being a genius.

lol. Exact implementation is impossible without knowing his code. A time estimate, however, is not.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile

How can you make a time estimate when you don't know how his code works?  Toady knows it best, and he put these things at about a day's worth of work at minimum, normally.
Just so I remember
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15