Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15

Author Topic: So, let me get this straight. In order to get Toady to stop getting paid to...  (Read 22113 times)

SirPenguin

• Bay Watcher
  • NEVER A DULL MOMENT IN MID-WORLD
    • View Profile

A:  Ah yes, someone registered on the forums to post something... how suspicious.

It is, in fact, very suspicious when someone registers and immediately makes a very inflammatory thread. It's also a well known tactic used to avoid possible moderation or fallout from whatever the thread brings up.

I can personally vouch for him, and as you can see I did not register today. I can't tell you how silly it is to see people even accusing shit like this. People are allowed to disagree with other people without trolling, my good sir.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile

Only it's not quite so simple, Sir Penguin.  Toady does take input from the community, he just does it in the order he sees as best.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Capntastic

• Bay Watcher
  • Greetings, mortals!
    • View Profile
    • A review and literature weblog I never update

A:  Ah yes, someone registered on the forums to post something... how suspicious.

It is, in fact, very suspicious when someone registers and immediately makes a very inflammatory thread. It's also a well known tactic used to avoid possible moderation or fallout from whatever the thread brings up.

Makes sense considering the backlash generated here.   Doesn't mean you should completely disregard what was said, of course.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile

Because they don't realize you can get 200 quick fixes in the same time it'd take to get 5 larger features.

Back up that assertion, please.  Otherwise you're essentially resorting to calling your opponents dumb.

Doing something fast takes less time than doing something slow.

Now back up the other part -- "they don't realize."  Or, own up to the fact that not everyone has the same priorities as you.

I can personally vouch for him, and as you can see I did not register today. I can't tell you how silly it is to see people even accusing shit like this. People are allowed to disagree with other people without trolling, my good sir.

Oh, so he IS from SA.  It's Kassoon, right?  Tripwire has the same "a real programmer" thing, but not that air of indignation.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2009, 08:44:52 pm by Footkerchief »

brenoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Because they don't realize you can get 200 quick fixes in the same time it'd take to get 5 larger features.

Back up that assertion, please.  Otherwise you're essentially resorting to calling your opponents dumb.

Now back up the other part -- "they don't realize."  Or, own up to the fact that not everyone has the same priorities as you.

Is this really the kind of argument tactic you people are used to? "Prove something irrelevant, or something else that's not only irrelevant, but unrelated to the previous irrelevance MUST be true! Hah, you lose!"

SirPenguin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Only it's not quite so simple, Sir Penguin.  Toady does take input from the community, he just does it in the order he sees as best.

So you agree, then, that he simply does what he wishes rather than what we, the community paying him, wishes.

I am not arguing whether or not this is bad or good, just that it is what it is, and it's what some people are fine with whereas others have issues. It's a model that's worked for him for a couple of years now, and it's a model that the community seems ok with, given the fact most months he makes a pretty penny. But you cannot be surprised when some people are upset (or at the very least confused) at the arrangement. It's a very unique one, and that's with good reason: it doesn't make any sense.

brenoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh, so he IS from SA.  It's Kassoon, right?  Tripwire has the same "a real programmer" thing, but not that air of indignation.

I honestly have no damned clue what it is you're talking about. SirPenguin and I know each other from LL.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

I didn't accuse him of anything, I was just pointing out that he just registered to make this thread. This is often regarded with suspicion and distrust, especially if one's first thread is inflammatory and insulting.

SirPenguin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't know if he's from SA, but he is from the end of the internet. Take that as you will!

Capntastic

• Bay Watcher
  • Greetings, mortals!
    • View Profile
    • A review and literature weblog I never update

Does it matter who he 'really' is?  You can't kill an idea... didn't you see V for Vendetta?

brenoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Completely ignoring the fact that this argument is out of hand and frankly, fairly stupid, just why do you care that milking isnt in yet?

Again... its an example of the issue.

As for it being a placeholder... what is it going to be replaced with? Are we going to have to DDR an udder or something? I don't see how you can get more depth with milking.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile

How about we realize that either this thread was only made for flamming or by a very sad sockpuppet and go back to the awesome stuff?
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile

Is this really the kind of argument tactic you people are used to? "Prove something irrelevant, or something else that's not only irrelevant, but unrelated to the previous irrelevance MUST be true! Hah, you lose!"

"Prove something irrelevant"?  No, I'm still trying to get you to justify your principle of "Quick fixes should be addressed before larger issues,"  which you still haven't done.

I honestly have no damned clue what it is you're talking about. SirPenguin and I know each other from LL.

Is that LUElinks?  My bad, I didn't realize how many trolling sites he frequents.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2009, 08:49:55 pm by Footkerchief »

FluffyToast J

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And he still hasnt answered my question, "Why do you care milking isnt in?"

brenoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How about we realize that either this thread was only made for flamming or by a very sad sockpuppet and go back to the awesome stuff?

Oh fine. While you're at it, do you want me to "admit" to trolling so you can have some closure?
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15