Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9

Author Topic: Planes of Existence: Turn 5: IT'S ALIVE!!! Muahahaha  (Read 14718 times)

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
Planes of Existence: Turn 5: IT'S ALIVE!!! Muahahaha
« on: November 07, 2009, 04:28:29 pm »

ok after losing my data i stopped my last game with the promise of another coming soon, well its later then i thought but i have finally gotten to work on a simple plot to base a new game on.

Anyone from my first game has Priority, if you want in let me know if you don't then let me know so i won't wait on you ;)

There will be about 8 or 10 open slots to start and i am bringing back the Character Concepts for the characters but please generalize your character with them.

When i have 8 people I i will start the game.

Character Sheet:

Name:
Race:
Concept: (3 words that describe your character.)
Bio: (Optional but if you create your character here then i can make your turns more like you had in mind)

So lets take a while to discuss limits, dice, rolls, and ideas and improve from the last game (which was getting quite complicated, but I don't mind).

Also the only hint of setting you get is the title of this RTD.

Players:

Sysice
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Flintus10

Pillow_Killer

Jetsquirrel

Nirur Torir

RandomNumberGenerator

Virex

Dakk

Blood-Dwarf

Kishmond

« Last Edit: December 19, 2009, 04:31:09 pm by Diakron »
Back to Mafia with me!

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
Re: Planes of Existence: Sign ups and discussion
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2009, 04:29:04 pm »

Sysice

Flintus10
[/spoiler]

Pillow_Killer

Jetsquirrel

Nirur Torir

RandomNumberGenerator

Virex

Dakk

Blood-Dwarf

Kishmond

Location: Through a Red Arch and in a room with 12 other people in the midst of arguing.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2009, 04:29:02 pm by Diakron »
Back to Mafia with me!

Kishmond

• Bay Watcher
  • What the pfargtl?
    • View Profile
    • My DF Stories blog.
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2009, 04:51:10 pm »

What are concepts? And what's the setting? More info!

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2009, 05:01:12 pm »

sorry i am trying to help a friend with his laptop and had to post that rather quickly
Back to Mafia with me!

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2009, 03:36:43 am »

can i joinz?

Sysice

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2009, 04:59:24 am »

Ooh, mysterious.  ;)
Can I join?

Name: Sysicer
Race: Elf.
Concept: Self-genocidal ninja, basically.
Bio: He was exiled from the elves when he was a child due to the fact that he once tripped and uprooted a small tree. He was then taken in by a group of dwarves. He, although an elf himself, shares the dwarves view on most things, including elves. His main goal in life is to eliminate the elves of the world, then die from magma.

Since you left it extremely open, I tried to make a character that would be good in a variety of situations and of themes. The only thing I'm assuming is that there are elves and dwarves in your RTD.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2009, 05:43:03 am by Sysice »
I managed to make a dog that bled bees.
Quote from: Threetoe
Imagine evil grass that looks like a mass of wriggling worms. Happy holidays!

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2009, 05:27:02 am »

I am back in. Good luck with this one.
Name: Flint
Race: Human
Concept: Arrogant, Herioc, Mimbo (Male Bimbo)
Bio: When Flint is not slaying beasts and hunting criminals he is looking at himself in the mirror, and generally being disliked by everyone else for what he percieves as their own jelousy.

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2009, 08:49:06 am »

Do want in
Name:Mantor
Concept: Psychotic Greedy Pyromaniac
Bio: Mantor always liked fire. When He turned 15, He set his own home village afire. Now, He travels around the word, fulfilling his desires, and looking for moee opportunities to... Have fun...
« Last Edit: November 08, 2009, 08:51:59 am by Pillow_Killer »
Quote from: x2yzh9
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2009, 08:52:45 am »

Name: Anub'Seran
Race: Spider (Like the warcraft 3 nerubians)
Concept: sneaky,wise,calm
Bio: Anub'Seran is a spider that comes from the deep cave kingdom of Spiders, they are well developed and have 2 eyes,and a slightly bigger head. They have their own language called "Anbumes", they prefer to not fight but if needed they will. Most of them have an urge to climb

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2009, 09:59:56 am »

I'd like to suggest the dice bonuses would rather be left out: As per, bonuses to rolls, just as penalties, break the very small balance d6 system got. Instead, I propose a system, which, instead, got "mastery levels", with higher mastery level allowing to pull off more insane stuff.
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2009, 10:06:32 am »

Mystery game!

Name: Frederick VI
Concept: Noble, Compassionate Healer.
Bio: Frederick VI was born in a small town. He lived a fairly secluded life, learning from the local herbalist(/doctor/healer mage) how to heal the sick and tend to injuries. One day, his town was attacked by barbarians. He was out in the forest gathering herbs at the time. When he returned, the barbarians had left, the town was ablaze, and most people were dead or dying. After only being able to save five people, he was forced to move on.

He is not afraid to fight to defend himself, but he tries to do so as humanely as possible. If given a choice between delivering a coup de grace or knocking an enemy out, bandaging him up, and then leaving him there, he will choose the latter. He tries to harbor no feelings of vengeance, even against the barbarians who sacked his hometown.

I'd like to suggest the dice bonuses would rather be left out: As per, bonuses to rolls, just as penalties, break the very small balance d6 system got. Instead, I propose a system, which, instead, got "mastery levels", with higher mastery level allowing to pull off more insane stuff.
Seconded. Perhaps higher mastery levels would also give bonuses to feats below them? It's kinda rare for a well-rested, healthy expert doctor to mess up and amputate a limb while trying to bandage a small scrape. Unless they're trying to, of course.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2009, 11:02:26 am »

Well, I was going to wait for more information to be posted, but since there is still nothing posted since yesterday and the slots are filling up fast...

Name: Tasroth
Concept: Strong, Tough, Strong Willed
Bio: Tasroth is half an army onto himself. A former military officer, he could decimate entire squadrons by himself and cleave lines in the enemy's forces so easily his soldiers almost acted only as support. Like himself, his men were expected to be strong and resilient; any who displayed signs of weakness were culled from his army.

First time player a brawler in an RTD...
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2009, 11:08:16 am »

Seconded. Perhaps higher mastery levels would also give bonuses to feats below them? It's kinda rare for a well-rested, healthy expert doctor to mess up and amputate a limb while trying to bandage a small scrape. Unless they're trying to, of course.
No, no. The whole point of that, that it should be possible. d6, as it is, is a very easy-to-break system. Having bonuses and penalties break the hell out of it.

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2009, 05:42:58 pm »

Name: Iriv de Treoll
Race: Demon Shadow
Description: Devious lightbender
Bio: Iriv was originally a lesser demon mage who sought to outsmart a major demon. To keep a long story short, he offered the soul of his shadow in exchange for the mayor demon's control over light and darkness. The demon, seething when he found out, proceeded to exchange Iriv with his shadow, forcing him to reside in darkness. though he has learned how to control the light around him, his lack of a corporal body does pose some limits.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2009, 05:49:19 pm by Virex »

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2009, 06:52:45 pm »

I require additional information about the race for:
Virex
Jetsquirrel

I am willing to let you both use your races but i need information on them to know what they do.

also i hope that people realize what a Plane is. ;D
Back to Mafia with me!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9