Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9

Author Topic: Planes of Existence: Turn 5: IT'S ALIVE!!! Muahahaha  (Read 14719 times)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Planes of Existence: Sign ups and discussion
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2009, 07:20:18 pm »

I get the feeling that that was directed towards me. This is going to be cooperative, right? If not, I should probably change to something a bit less ... supportive.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2009, 08:00:17 pm »

also i hope that people realize what a Plane is. ;D
I'm assuming you mean the existential places, right? Like the plane of fire, the plane of demons... and that plain of normal people(earth).

If so, then I'm good to go. I don't need any special abilities; I'll force portals open through sheer willpower!

The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2009, 08:36:34 pm »

I'm in if you still have free spots.

Name: Dakk Kittencuddle
Race: Elf
Description: Crazy elf ranger.

Bio: Dakk was born in a normal elven retreat, and spent his early life learning and doing most elf-ey things, until he got hit in the head by a falling branch. While unharmed, from then on he adapt a new style of life: He became a ranger and decided to travel around, riding the world of whatever displeases him, including fellow elves and trees if they stand in his way.
He's considered a criminal in a big human city to the west for barging into a shop, picking up a pricey engraved bow, beating the shopkeeper to uncounciousness with it, biting a teenager, and stealing two quivers full of iron arrows before heading east.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2009, 08:39:12 pm by Dakk »
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2009, 08:47:46 pm »

this will be co-operative don't worry.

with Dakk coming in i am just waiting on a little extra info from a few people ;) yes RNG that is correct but a few people where writing as if there was one THIS world to originate from.

Also i will be doing this:

I'd like to suggest the dice bonuses would rather be left out: As per, bonuses to rolls, just as penalties, break the very small balance d6 system got. Instead, I propose a system, which, instead, got "mastery levels", with higher mastery level allowing to pull off more insane stuff.

with only a few bonuses coming from using proper tools and things of that sort as i like this idea way to much. i need to flesh out the EXP system and stuff, but thats pretty much handled at this point.

THIS GAME HAS 2 OPTIONAL POSITIONS OPEN. REGARDLESS, THE GAME STARTS TOMORROW

Back to Mafia with me!

Blood-Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2009, 09:43:37 pm »

i'll join if still possible.

Name: Bomrek Kremrok
Race: Dwarf
Concept: just looking for adventure!
Bio: He grew up in a safe nice place and led a happy life with his fellow dwarfs but grew tired of that dull place and set out on a journey to find some action. Besides some money, food and booze he just took his trusty axe with him.
Einsam stehn die schwarzen Zinnen,
Trotzen aller Zeiten Wirren.
So auch ich, komm sei mein Zeug:
Blutend, aber ungebeugt!

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2009, 10:31:50 pm »

I'd like to suggest the dice bonuses would rather be left out: As per, bonuses to rolls, just as penalties, break the very small balance d6 system got. Instead, I propose a system, which, instead, got "mastery levels", with higher mastery level allowing to pull off more insane stuff.
I like this idea as well. One thing I have found in my current RTD that I hated, is after skills granted +1 to rolls, critical failures were essentially nullified. I hated this so much I actually added in another rule to counteract it...

I do like the idea of some high mastery levels granting insane abilities. I want to literally punch someone into outer space! If the punch doesn't kill them, they'll die from asphyxiation!
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Sysice

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2009, 11:06:43 pm »

I third (fourth?) this idea. It's not as fun to only have variance on the rolls to see if the enemies live. This system means that you can still fail, and if you do on a high level roll it will bring new meaning to the words "EPIC fail."
I managed to make a dog that bled bees.
Quote from: Threetoe
Imagine evil grass that looks like a mass of wriggling worms. Happy holidays!

Kishmond

• Bay Watcher
  • What the pfargtl?
    • View Profile
    • My DF Stories blog.
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2009, 11:56:04 pm »

I volunteer!

Name: Sankrum
Race: Nerra (humanoid but with smooth, reflective, glass-like skin and generalized facial features)
Concept: Intangible possessor
Bio: Sankrum spends almost all of its time in an etherial state, and only manipulates the physical world through possession and control of objects or creatures/people. It cooperates just long enough to complete a goal. It is a purely logical being and lacks most emotions but a cold sort of curiosity, which sometimes manifests as what others may call sadistic tendencies. It is actually kind of a coward. In its true physical form it can change the color of its skin, but not its shape, and so is able to pass as a human only at a distance. But of course you'll never meet it that way, as it is weak and fragile as glass.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 12:05:11 am by Kishmond »

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2009, 12:35:35 am »

hmm... Kishmond i will also require more info about your race, i have to balance the fact that it is intangible somehow.

ok so this is what i have about the new system:

you basically start as a dabbler as everything that you are allowed to do (strange creature will not find much if any armor they can wear, dwarf are too practical to use magic, elves have ethnical issues about killing with weapons, that sort of thing) as a Dabbler your epic fails are things like you drop your weapon and if you get another one or a 2 you take damage, and at legendary you threw your sword missed the enemy causing it to ricochet off the wall and hit you, it has bonus added to it seeing as it use more then one skill (swordplay, throwing, athletics where you get a +1 ONLY for being legendary (and nothing lower) in each balanced by the fact that i am going to have all sorts of effects that help you or hinder you) so when it hits something, chances are it's going to need a doctor. :D

Still has lots of bonuses but there are tons of things that will hinder you.

all i am looking at now is progression of skills and how much you can do at each. Dabbling swordplay = swing sword wildly, novice = proper swing, Swordplay, you know enough to attack in a few ways so you can parry and dodge sword, talented = adv. techs, master = you know all sort of sword tricks and can counter swords, Grand Master of Swordplay, you are seen as one of the most feared things on 2 (or 6) legs, creatures might follow you if you train them. Legendary Swordplay??? ;D Cross their hearts, watch them die.

need ideas about the ranks in between and i think i have an EXP system i like...
Back to Mafia with me!

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2009, 12:48:59 am »

Are your elves ok with bows? I'm sorta fond of clubbing people down with them aswell.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2009, 03:00:16 am »

Can I assume, I got at least basic skills in alchemy - to create alchemic fire and alike? =P
Quote from: x2yzh9
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2009, 10:14:47 am »

Here is some info about Spider(Nerubians)

The second link is what i had in mind for my char

Some Pictures of nerubians

third picture is take fomr the game itself

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2009, 12:55:54 pm »

Racial description
Demons:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Shadows:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Kishmond

• Bay Watcher
  • What the pfargtl?
    • View Profile
    • My DF Stories blog.
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2009, 02:35:29 pm »

Nerra:
http://www.iwozhere.com/SRD/images/50087.jpg
The bottom left one is what I had in mind.

As for balancing out the intangibility... it cannot act on anything in the material world unless it is through a possessed proxy. It can be attacked by other etherial creatures, such as ghosts, etc. It's like a sort of ghost itself, walking around with the other more physical people but not being able to do anything, visible as only maybe a shimmer in the air.

Sysice

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2009, 08:01:23 pm »

Elves need some sort of weapons. Me probably more than others, since I was raised by dwarves for most of my life, and in fact hate elves. Bows would be fine though, just as long as elves aren't singing at people.
I managed to make a dog that bled bees.
Quote from: Threetoe
Imagine evil grass that looks like a mass of wriggling worms. Happy holidays!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9