Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10

Author Topic: Nidal Malik Hasan has gone berserk!  (Read 14267 times)

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
Re: Nidal Malik Hasan has gone berserk!
« Reply #45 on: November 09, 2009, 08:44:33 pm »

gave a lecture to other doctors in which he said non-believers should be beheaded and have boiling oil poured down their throats.
Yeah, there is no way this guy is a islamist extremist...

I dont really see why strife is suddenly out of line being pissed off...

Sounds perfectly reasonable to be if you ask me.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 09, 2009, 08:45:36 pm »

Once again, can we please not confuse understanding with sympathy?  I want to know why the guy did what he did so that there will be a better metric to recognize when someone else might do the same and they can be reached in time.  Nidal Hasan is absolutely responsible for his heinous crime and will deserve all the punishment he gets, but can we at least ask him some questions first?
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 09, 2009, 08:47:52 pm »

Apparently he's awake now, so maybe we'll get to ask him some questions now.
Shoes...

Jude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 09, 2009, 10:34:01 pm »

Lets remember that he was chanting Allahu Akbar the whole time.

which is something that 1/6 of the earth's population does on a daily basis ooooooo fanaticism
Quote from: Raphite1
I once started with a dwarf that was "belarded by great hanging sacks of fat."

Oh Jesus

Jude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 09, 2009, 10:35:24 pm »

Let's not forget that the guy had apparently gone on some very extreme rants in the past, but people were afraid to complain.  I still think Strife was out of line, but let's not leap to the guy's defense either.  He killed 13 people, and "I didn't want to go to Iraq" isn't an acceptable excuse for that.

I dont' think anybody was defending the guy, just reacting to typical American xenophobic knee-jerkism which instantly tries to lump all bad people together into one uber-conspiracy that we can make go away by bombing it
Quote from: Raphite1
I once started with a dwarf that was "belarded by great hanging sacks of fat."

Oh Jesus

loser

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 10, 2009, 05:27:28 am »

Let's not forget that the guy had apparently gone on some very extreme rants in the past, but people were afraid to complain.  I still think Strife was out of line, but let's not leap to the guy's defense either.  He killed 13 people, and "I didn't want to go to Iraq" isn't an acceptable excuse for that.
Well, see, there is no acceptable excuse for the man's actions.  There cannot be one, lest civilization's foundations of security and consistency be undermined.

Since there cannot be any excuse, there need not be any excuse.  That which is inexcusable needs no excuse, that which is indefensible needs no defense.  Therefore it should be possible to examine why this occurred without any objections to excuses being made & defenses being offered, because there can be none.

Instead, the whys and whats can be explored with an eye to prevention, to keep similar inexcusable events from occurring in the future.  Not that we have the perspective to accurately judge such things or the authority to make the correct changes, but this is the Internet and we are all armchair policy-makers.  That's the way of it.
ΘπÆ┼
What are you doing in my home?
It's a difficult question to answer.

IndonesiaWarMinister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 10, 2009, 07:47:11 am »

Just as a counter-weight to Strife's comment:
He's a fucking homegrown islamist extremist.Fucker. End.

Until I get to watch his execution.

I'm going to applaud this man. He has done a good job!

Still,
Totally not what I meant by not spiraling off to disaster.
is stopping me from making a full-blown comment.

Perhaps in my blog (which will NOT be linked here, I assure you, Toady),,, Hmm...

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 10, 2009, 11:12:03 am »

It sounded bad, but do note that I have no problems with Muslims. I'm quite good friends with a fair number of them. However, when you have a chappie who posts on a message board comparing suicide bombers to kamikaze pilots to the guy who jumps on a grenade to save his squad, then shoot up a base while chanting "God is Great" you pretty clearly fit into the extremist category. And he was pretty much definitely Muslim.

Would there be a problem if I called the bastards who flew a plane into the Pentagon Islamic Extremists?

Likewise, if he had been Irish and chanting the Rosary, then it'd be a catholic extremist.

Honestly, I forgot to mention that he's a filthy traitor as well.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 10, 2009, 11:23:58 am »

Annnnnnd homegrown nationalists are creepy. C'mom, there's war vets and recruits going batshit every now and then, and suddenly someone with a muslim name goes around shooting people (in epic CoD 4 style) and everything goes to hell.

I say hold the hate at bay for now and try to extract everything possible from this guy's mind, then let the hate run amok.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 10, 2009, 12:25:21 pm »

Well, see, there is no acceptable excuse for the man's actions.  There cannot be one, lest civilization's foundations of security and consistency be undermined.

Since there cannot be any excuse, there need not be any excuse.  That which is inexcusable needs no excuse, that which is indefensible needs no defense.  Therefore it should be possible to examine why this occurred without any objections to excuses being made & defenses being offered, because there can be none.

Instead, the whys and whats can be explored with an eye to prevention, to keep similar inexcusable events from occurring in the future.  Not that we have the perspective to accurately judge such things or the authority to make the correct changes, but this is the Internet and we are all armchair policy-makers.  That's the way of it.

Bah.

There's no excuse for killing soldiers now?

Of course it is okay to disapprove of this specific action, for national security reasons, and because you belong to the same nationality as these soldiers...but declaring that the very act of killing soldiers has no valid excuse ... sorta leads to the unfortunate question of how one can fight a war if you have no valid excuse for killing anybody, civilian or military? Taken to its logical conclusion, this would lead to far more "political correctness" (whatever that is) than any discrimination allegation.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 12:28:11 pm by Servant Corps »
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 10, 2009, 12:31:45 pm »

I dont' think anybody was defending the guy, just reacting to typical American xenophobic knee-jerkism which instantly tries to lump all bad people together into one uber-conspiracy that we can make go away by bombing it

So calling a guy who shoots up a military base while chanting Allahu Akbar is lumping people together, but saying that such a response is "typical American xenophobic knee-jerkism" isn't?
Shoes...

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 10, 2009, 12:36:04 pm »

Bomb who? Not that I'd really mind a squad of SEALs borrowing his overseas Imam for questioning.

It's against the rules of war to shoot people wearing your own uniform.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 10, 2009, 12:38:09 pm »

Huh. I didn't know that. Can you give me your source, Strife?
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
  • Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 10, 2009, 12:38:25 pm »

Huh? Someone thought up a rule for that? I'd figured it would be more like common sense.

Anyhow I can kinda see where he could be coming from, you were going to send him to a war against people whose ideals he shares? I blame the people too afraid to report him so something could be done.
Oh yeah baby, you know you like it.  Now stop crying and get in my lungs.
Boil your penis. I'm convinced that's how it happened.
My HoM.

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 10, 2009, 12:41:04 pm »

It's against the rules of war to shoot people wearing your own uniform.

War has rules?  Oh, Modern Era, you're a nutty one.  You and your quaint notions...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10