Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I broke my stone  (Read 2186 times)

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile
I broke my stone
« on: November 06, 2009, 11:33:27 pm »

I've been doing some modding (evidently) and I've worked over a few areas. I've added or modified creatures, plants, metals, weapons, armour, stones, layers, and reactions.It was all going fine until one test, as it appears that all non-layer stones do not appear. Most gem clusters seem to appear with no problems, but not a single 'matgloss_stone_mineral' entry will work. I checked the errorlog and fixed a few basic errors (GORING over GORE for example) but nothing else appears amiss with the rest of the text. There are definitely no duplicate entries.

The 'reaction_all_economic' file looks like it might have something to do with it, but given that it doesn't even include all the default stones anyway, it might be nothing.

Check:
Stone Layer file is clean.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 07, 2009, 12:01:55 am by Shade-o »
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

Stargrasper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I broke my stone
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2009, 11:37:36 pm »

Interesting.  Have you tried taking a clean mineral raw and throwing that in the game?  Look for a bracket out of place in the files or something.  Why do you think the all economic file is the problem?

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2009, 11:46:27 pm »

Well, the -reaction_all_economic- file lists a bunch of stone, but there's no mention of it anywhere. It just looked mysterious.

Do you know what it does?
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2009, 12:06:24 am »

Adding the modified 'mineral' file broke it all again. So, the problem must be in there I suppose...

I found an [ENVIRONMENT_SPEC:SEDIMENTARY which wouldn't work.

If a stone doesn't have an environment (a manufactured or corpse-dropped source) would that be a bug?
« Last Edit: November 07, 2009, 12:12:43 am by Shade-o »

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2009, 12:11:58 am »

Could you post the entire contents of that here between [ code ] tags?  And I mean the whole thing; entries, title at the top, object file definition, all of it.

The title at the top should match the file name - if it doesn't, that's probably your problem (and you won't need to post the data.  Probably)
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2009, 12:20:18 am »

You were right, LegoLord. Somewhere along the line I put a letter in the wrong place, making the in-file title 'mmatgloss_stone_mineral'.

:(

No wonder everything stopped working. Thank you, I wouldn't have looked there if you hadn't told me to...

Now I can focus on modding in those giant enemy crabs.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2009, 12:27:42 am by Shade-o »

guale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2009, 11:50:39 am »

Incidentally the "reaction_all_economic" file causes all stones to appear in the stone menu and therefore toggle-able as economic.

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2009, 09:11:54 pm »

I get an error message similar to the one you described every time I load up, but it doesn't stop me anyway. It's a list of all the stones I removed from my game and they aren't there in my world gen, so problem solved, right? Well, not according to the game it isn't, but since the effect is exactly what I'm after, I'm not too bothered. I'm worried that it could cause errors later though.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.