Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Hero Mayor  (Read 1067 times)

thryn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Hero Mayor
« on: November 06, 2009, 04:06:16 pm »

I was clearing a channel 3 spaces wide and about nine deep over a road (long story) and accidentally caused a bunch of it to collapse while my mayor (a legendary miner) and about six random haulers were on the bottom level mining and hauling things. Somehow all the dorfs ended up in a single pile with my mayor on top - my mayor had every bone in her body broken (and her nose and right hand mangled) while the rest of the dorfs were entirely uninjured, albeit stunned. I didn't even know dorfs could serve as cover in a rock fall, and it's truly impressive that my mayor, who is by far the most maxed-out dwarf in the whole fortress, took all the injuries, since she has the best chance of surviving. I'm going to build her the best tomb ever...

Hey, looks like she healed her mangled nose and everything that was bruised as she was being carried to bed. Five injuries down, eleven to go!

Haedrian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hero Mayor
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2009, 04:16:21 pm »

Put her in a nice room, so she won't get a lot of sad thoughts and kill herself while she's healing.
When life gives you kittens, make biscuits

Likes llamas for their long necks

AlienChickenPie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2009, 04:49:13 pm »

Beanchubbs

• Bay Watcher
  • Khorne Flakes: Crunchy & Delicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2009, 04:50:06 pm »

Very impressive. Talk about a meat shield.
Yikes, the Orcs have a nasty language.  Traditional foreplay would be right out for them; how would they ever "say my name" for one another?  No wonder Ocrs are always so bloodthirsty and violent, they're getting sub-par action.

Derakon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2009, 04:55:56 pm »

Any unit that lands on another unit is unharmed (and the landed-on unit is not hurt either). Sounds like your mayor landed first, getting hurt by the fall, and then everyone else landed on the mayor, causing no further damage.
Jetblade - an open-source Metroid/Castlevania game with procedurally-generated levels

Overspeculated

• Bay Watcher
  • euklid on pth
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2009, 06:02:24 pm »

I really need to build myself some dwarven parachute mechanism, like build cells on the topmost z-level. A lever pull releases the hatch on which the dwarf is standing, he
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
and then lands on a goblin in a cell one z-level below ground, the top of which is a hatch opened by the same z-level. Then they have a deathmatch, winner goes free.
DEATH FROM ABOVE
« Last Edit: November 06, 2009, 06:04:31 pm by Overspeculated »

Ubiq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2009, 09:47:40 pm »

Clearly, the Mayor realized the danger the others were in and threw herself down the shaft first to prevent injury to the others.

hitto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2009, 03:13:19 am »

Then they have a deathmatch, winner goes free.
DEATH FROM ABOVE

DO IT