Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Sucession Game - The Secret of Steel  (Read 5304 times)

Stas

• Bay Watcher
  • Procrastination
    • View Profile
Re: Succession Proposal.
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2009, 12:26:42 pm »

KK Then count me in, Skipper!

-Stas

No I'm not psychic. I just know that this is dwarf fortress. and the most stupidly awesome and inexplicable thing is probably going to be the first thing to happen.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2009, 12:39:09 pm »

Quick note for those of you that have not played Civilization Forge before: some weapons, like Mattocks and War Axes, are two handed. To get your dwarves to use these properly, you need to set the number of weapons in their soldier profile to 2. Otherwise you'll get the dwarf dancing on top of the weapon forever. This includes your miners and woodcutters.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Stas

• Bay Watcher
  • Procrastination
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2009, 12:40:44 pm »

Speaking of mods, I always have trouble installing them, might someone be enough of a kind lad and give me a Modded DF file please?

-Stas

No I'm not psychic. I just know that this is dwarf fortress. and the most stupidly awesome and inexplicable thing is probably going to be the first thing to happen.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2009, 03:45:17 pm »

There's no need to bring wood. The site is heavily forested, and Civ forge allows obsidian axes, so I simply need to hold back one log from the wagon and combine it with a piece of obsidian.

I just noticed that I also have no mason in that setup. I'll probably replace the blacksmith with a mason/brewer, and replace the furnace operator skill with growing, since furnace opertating levels up quickly.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Gunsmack_IT

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2009, 05:58:23 pm »

Sweet, just thought I'd check.

Weeaboo

• Bay Watcher
  • Anime Trolling Detected.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2009, 08:12:07 pm »

I'll play.
Damnit Dwarfs! Stop flooding the mines with lava.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2009, 08:47:22 pm »

Updated first post with Stas and Weaboo.

I'm goung to start late tomorrow, after my sparkgear turn is done. Any more feedback should be placed by then.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Gunsmack_IT

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2009, 11:27:02 pm »

To those in need of modding help, it's devilishly easy. Simply replace the files in raw/objects with the ones in the mod folder. CivForge is easier in this way because unlike some other mods like Legendary Lands all the changes are confined to that singular folder.

However, I think it would be a GOOD IDEA for our beloved organizer to upload to the file host a single copy of DF with all the appropriate mods applied, thereby saving us any confusion.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2009, 11:44:41 pm »

I'm going to upload both a 40d16 and a 40d with both mods installed. In fact, I'll do that now.

Shintaro Fago

• Bay Watcher
  • discuss safe nourishing non-plant non-animal diets
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 11, 2009, 06:45:45 am »

And , oh, I'm ready

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 11, 2009, 06:33:30 pm »

I'm getting started now.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
Re: Sucession Game - The Secret of Steel
« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2009, 08:22:47 pm »

Journal of Lord Shonus Paddleblowing
1 Granite
We have arrived. The local terrain seems pleasant enough, but howI dong for a nice cavern over my head. The surveyors tell me this is a rich land. I wondered how they could tell. Now I know. The rich copper veins sticking out of the hillsides are a pretty good indicator. There’s even exposed aluminum.
6 Slate
We’ve started diggingout a temporary holdout in the side of the mountain while we look for an appropriate site to build the main halls.

8 Slate
We’ve struck magma! Praise the miners!

2 Felsite
I’ve had an awe made from the obsidian found near the magma, so now the deforestation can begin.

4 Felsite
I’ve had war beetles assigned to every dwarf

Spring Report
The magma has been located and tapped. I can begin smelting as soon as I finish digging in, and build a forge as soon as I get an anvil. There’s enough wooden crossbows and bolts for everyone, I’ve begun training. As soon as I get some migrants in, I’ll start hunting. All our beetles are trained as war dogs, except for the one I accidentally trained for hunting.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 11, 2009, 09:51:09 pm »

27 Malachite
Migrants have arrived
1 Woodworker
3 Peasant
1 Fishery worker
1 Tanner
1 animal caretaker
1 Woodcrafter
1 Soapmaker
23 galena
Marauding beak dogs have wandered into the area and killed a war beetle
25 Galena
Three Marksdwarf trainees and another beetle have fallen to the beak dogs, but they’re all dead now

Summer report
A bit of tragedy, but nobody important died, just a few redshirt peasants. Two war beetles tore the beak dogs apart.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 11, 2009, 11:19:49 pm »

11 Limestone

The caravan is here. Let’s hope we can buy some good stuff.
16 Limestone
A thief has made off with a dead guy’s shoe

18 Limetone
And his hat
22 Limestone
Trading went very well. We got an anvil, a good bit of meat, some booze and leather, and a few animals.

3 Timber
The mountain homes want war hammers and cheese
5 Timber
More Migrants
1 Ranger
1 Glassmaker
1 Potash maker
1 Bone carver
3 Peasant
1 Miller
1 Axedwarf
9 Timber
I have been elected sheriff, if by elected you mean I decreed that the post was mine and anyone who argued would swim in the magma pipe
17 Timber
Edem Egaronul, our mason, has been taken by a mood. He’s grabbed two pieces of obsidian and started working
21 Obsidian
The mason has created an obsidian millstone worth 10,800. I’m going to install it in the dining room.

Autumn report
Autumn went very well
I’ve got the forge going now, and the living quarters and dining room is dug out. I’ve put some of the migrants on Marksdwarf training, and the free Axedwarf will help a lot. 

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 12, 2009, 01:01:36 am »

8 Moonstone
The ranger was killed by a giant eagle. We have named it Joyluck, because it would be a joy if we are lucky enough to bring it down

13 Moonstone
Likut has felled Joyluck from the sky

15 moonstone
A vamarian caravan is here
16 Moonstone
The orcs are here. 6 Lancers, 11 wrestlers
17 Moonstone
Two orc wresters have fallen to the vamarii guards, and another one is likely mortally wounded
18 Moonstone
Five orc wrestlers are now dead, but one of our recruits has been killed
26 Moonstone. We’ve driven them off, at the cost of two dwarves dead, one dwarf  injured, and the vamari caravan smashed. At least they were courteous enough t die in the trade depot.
12 Opal
Two wrestlers have been killed In sparring accidents
14 Obsidan
The wounded dwarf has died of thirst

Winter report
Winter sucked. If it hadn’t been for that caravan, we’d have been up the proverbial creek. The only metal I can find is copper, which just isn’t enough.  The fort itself is in decent shape, but we really need a stronger military. I suggest that Somebody build some traps near the Depot,, that should stop a small dynasauri siege, if they attack this spring.  Also, keep an eye on the waterfall in the dining room. It’s leaking.

Game summary
This turn
Births: 0
Deaths: 8
Migrants: 19
Artifacts: 1
Battles:1
Battle Reports:
The Ignited Siege, the first battle of the Monstrous War between the Orcish civilization The Ferocious Dread and the Dwarven civilization The Frilly Dresses
Forces: 16 Orcs vs 21 Dwarves, 4 Giant beetles, and an uncertain numer of vamari
Losses: 11 Orcs, 7 to vamari,2 to dwarves,3 to giant beetles
5 Vamari to orcs
2 Dwarf and two beetles to Orcs

Total
Births: 0
Deaths: 8
Migrants: 19
Artifacts: 1
Battles:1

And I'm done. I think it would be a good idea if everyone posted a summary for their turn and updated the totals accordingly, like I did.

Shintaro is up.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6